And it's already here

9 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Thu, Jan 2, 2020 - 1:38pm
goldcom
-
Union, WA

And it's already here

Clicked on the forums and here it is a miners button.

I totally agree with TF that even though metals pricing is under extreme management, what with all the open interest plowed into the Comex yet price is stilll inching up. Price has finally reached a point where the miners, especially the gold miners right now are making some nice profits and the sector is up 57% last year which will get more attention.

Silver is where the struggle is and if price can somehow manage to get to $19 plus the whole metals mining sector would really take off. I believe the bullion banks know this and are doing everything they can to keep silver price down and discourage money flowing into this hated sector. These banks want to keep the money flowing into their bubblishness stawks and play the Crimex game as long as they can.

Jerry G
Thu, Jan 2, 2020 - 5:36pm
vonalpha
-
Panama City
Panama

Selling Puts on Miners

Selling Puts on Miners

Timing for selling puts on the Miners is finally here. I used to sell puts on stocks I wanted to own (prior to 2013) and if they are not put to me I used the funds to purchase some shares. On the weekly options I would load up for premium on puts that were way out of the money for the premium.... this does eat up margin so it has to be used smartly. In the past few weeks I have added puts to KL, AG, PAAS and Silv.... with expirations in Jan, Apr, May, Jul, Aug and Jan21.

Thu, Jan 2, 2020 - 6:35pm
DeGraives
-
Cache, OK

GFG Resources

Seem to have made some good strikes at Rattlesnake. GFG Resources Inc. is an advanced gold and silver exploration company that owns 100% of the Rattlesnake Hills Gold Project comprised of approximately 33,500 acres in Natrona County, Wyoming, U.S.A. I opened a position today.

DeGraives

Thu, Jan 2, 2020 - 6:43pm DeGraives
goldcom
-
Union, WA

GFG

With a very large mostly unexplored land package GFGSF is one to watch. It's up from 13 cents to 31 in a month. That would have been fun. Up steeply should be a pullback soon I would think.

Jerry G
Thu, Jan 2, 2020 - 7:02pm goldcom
Hilltopper
-
Pipe Creek, TX

you think it is going to go

you think it is going to go down soon, why? Do you know who they have a JV on the project? Do you know the progress of th work performed by the jv? Do you know the work being performed right now on their Canadian project? Do you which newsletter writers are promoting the stock? Do your homework. Obviously it could go down or could go up depending on pending drill results.

Thu, Jan 2, 2020 - 7:11pm
goldcom
-
Union, WA

GFG@Hilltopper

Not for any particularly bad reason only that it has had a good run this past month and probably won't go straight up, I would look at a likely pullback to get in like 20 to 22 cents or since they are going to do more drilling it may be good to monitor more results before getting in.
Jerry G
Thu, Jan 2, 2020 - 9:17pm
lakedweller2
-
AL

@GFG

Recently during Jay Taylor interviews of Gwen Preston and Moriarty they both picked GFG as a possible performer for 2030.

Fri, Jan 3, 2020 - 12:33am
SealRock
-
San Francisco, CA

General Advice

Successful investing in mining shares is a complicated business. One needs to have an understanding of geology and mineral deposits, i.e., high sulphidation epithermal, VMS, etc., mining techniques, i.e., long-hole stoping, ore processing and metallurgy, geopolitical and country risks, financial knowledge, i.e., how to read a balance sheet, in addition to knowing how to read a stock chart. I have been investing almost solely in this sector for about 10 years and it has an expensive and steep learning curve. My best advice to everyone is to subscribe to a newsletter authored by an independent person who’s interest’s are aligned with yours, i.e., they invest their own money and are not a paid promoter. Three excellent newsletters come to mind: 1. Exploration Insights written by Brent Cook (economic geologist and friend of TFmetalsreport) and Joe Mazumdar (market analysist/exploration geologist). https://www.explorationinsights.com/ 2. Inca Kola News written by Mark Turner (financial analyst, lives in Lima, Peru and has his finger on South America’s mining pulse) https://incakolanews.blogspot.com/2019/ 3. Mining Journal written by Dave Kranzler (financial analyst and friend of TFmetalsreport) https://investmentresearchdynamics.com/mining-stock-journal/ If a company interests you, be sure and check out the company’s website and review the company’s current investor presentation, look through the news releases for the past few years, see when the last financings occurred and on what terms, note the share count, major investors, number of shares held by insiders, number of warrants and options outstanding and if there is an overhang that might impact the share price in the near-term. As part of your further diligence, call the company and talk to management. This is one of the few industries where one call talk directly with the President and/or CEO for a half an hour or more. Don't pass up this opportunity. I take diligence a step further and arrange vacation trips to Toronto and Vancouver where I will spend an extra day or two to meet with company executives. It is a great way to size up people, read their body language, go over charts and assay results, check out office location, what they are spending, how may people are in the office and level of activity, etc. Given the density of companies in downtown Vancouver, I can usually see 10-15 companies over two days. I have never encountered a company that would not meet with me and if I did, I would never consider investing in the company. Investment conferences are another good means for being introduced to numerous companies at one go or to be able to make a quick check on company progress. A great aggregator of news releases is Junior Mining Network: https://www.juniorminingnetwork.com/junior-miner-news.html An excellent education source on geology and ore bodies is this series of videos by Andrew Jackson from Rick Rule’s Sprott Global Resource Investments. https://www.sprottusa.com/our-firm/education Be sure and search SEDAR, the database for financial reports, news releases, technical reports and other forms from publicly listed Canadian companies https://www.sedar.com/search/search_form_pc_en.htm For accredited investors, private placements are an ideal way to invest in a company, since the placements are often at a slight discount to the current share price and more importantly, most placements include warrants that give you the right, but not obligation to buy further shares in the future at a set price. This is where you get the leverage from your investment. SealRock I will list some interesting companies later.
Wed, Jan 29, 2020 - 7:27am
goldcom
-
Union, WA

When I started this thread

I stated that silver needed to get up over 19 for the miners to get rolling and Turd's plotting the miners with silver is another example of how the sector is so obviously under management.

So as bad as pricing for silver has been I guess we can hope silver goes parabolic like palladium sooner than later please. That would get the miners streaking higher.

Jerry G
randomness