Frequently Asked Questions
Help! I can't login to my account!
1) First of all, please make sure that you are entering in your username and password exactly as they were originally entered. This means same case, same spacing, same everything.
From Admin: Folks, just a reminder that if you are trying to login to the website and you are getting the message: Incorrect username or password, that is EXACTLY what it means! You are entering in the wrong username or the wrong password. It does not mean your account is blocked, or there is something wrong with the software, or that you lost your gold access. It means that either the username and/or the password you entered is incorrect.
Quite a few people having login issues have forgotten their own username. Remember, it can be easy to confuse your username if you did not sign up with one you normally use elsewhere.
So please make sure to write down your password and username and put them in a safe place - as well as the email address you signed up with.
This will save Turd and the tech team the time and trouble of having to look up your username or email for you, or reset your password.
2) Another possible option is if your username or password were previously updated, and you use the feature provided in browsers to "save your password for this site." If the login information saved to your browser is not updated, it will continue to display your old username and password in the login fields.
The way to fix this is to delete the old username/password saved in your browser for TF Metals Report. Instructions on how to clear saved browser passwords can be found here: https://www.wikihow.com/Delete-Remembered-Passwords
The next time you visit the site, it will prompt you to enter your username and password again.
3) Sometimes accounts and IP addresses are blocked manually by moderators for violating community guidelines. Spam and obvious trolling may be cause for accounts to be shutdown and IP addresses to be permanently blocked. If you have been blocked, you will have to contact Turd for appeal.
Sometimes when we've rolled out new updates, your local browser cache may still have old versions of styling files stored on your computer. This can cause it to seem as though the website page looks "broken". To fix this, you'll want to clear your browser cache and cookies. Follow the instructions on these pages:
- Clear browser cache: https://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cache
- Clear browser cookies: https://www.wikihow.com/Clear-Your-Browser's-Cookies
Most likely your local browser is storing an older version of the podcast player, and needs to be cleared out to download the latest version. Use the same information as above to clear your browser cache and cookies, and then reload the page. This should resolve the issue.
Why am I not seeing my comment when I post it, or why is my comment showing up out of order after I edit it?
Similar to the above recommendation, this is a symptom of not having the latest content in your browser cache. Make sure to clear your browser cache and cookies as instructed above, and then reload the page.
The same issue as the items above. It is necessary to clear your browser cache and cookies. We are continually making updates to the site, and it is possible to run into a situation where your local browser has code that is out-of-sync with the latest updates on the website. Clear the cache and cookies, and reload the page.
To post an image in your comment, it is necessary to use a third-party application such as Pasteboard, Dropbox, iCloud, or another similar service, or reference a direct image URL from an external site.
Regardless of which method is used, the basic steps are the same. First, click the "image" icon on the text editor:
This will pop up the Image Properties window. In the Image Properties window, there are two pieces of information that must be provided. The "URL" where the image is located, and setting the "image size" to "Original Image":
If the image URL is of a proper format and has been added successfully, a portion of the image will be shown in the Preview window:
If everything looks good, click the "OK" button to close the Image Properties window. The image will be shown in the editor:
The specifics on how to obtain the image URL varies based on the tool used. Instructions for four common options are included below:
1) Go to the Pasteboard website: https://pasteboard.co/ Either drag-and-drop an image on to the page or click the "Or Select Image" button:
2) On the next window, click the "Upload" button to upload your image:
3) After clicking "Upload", a new window is displayed with "Here's your link" at the top. Do not use the "Here's your link" URL. This is a link for downloading the image. Instead, click the "Go to image" button at the bottom of the window. This will take you to the page where you can get a URL for embedding:
4) On the final page, there will be be two buttons and a URL starting with "https://cdn..." in the upper right corner. Copy and paste this URL into TFMR:
1) If you don't currently use Dropbox, the first step is to create a Dropbox Basic account. Their Basic account is totally free and and requires no cost at any time: https://www.dropbox.com/register
Please be cautious, as Dropbox will display a lot of messages to try to make you think you need to upgrade to have full access. There is no need to pay for their service unless you need a large amount of storage space.
2) Once logged in to your Dropbox account, click the "Upload" button in the upper right corner, and select "Files":
3) Select the image you want to upload and complete the upload process. Once the image has been uploaded, hover over it and click the "Share" button:
4) This will pop up a window. In the lower right corner of the window, select "Create a link":
5) After the link is created, click "Copy link" so you can paste it elsewhere. Clicking "Copy link" will automatically add it to your clipboard for pasting:
6) One last step before adding the URL to TFMR is to replace the "dl=0" at the end of the URL with "raw=1". This switches the image from download ("dl") mode to display raw image ("raw") mode. If unsure about how to replace this part of the URL, it is described in more detail here: https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/Photos-and-videos/How-to-get-url-with-jp...
7) Paste your final formatted URL into the Image Properties window, and it should display as expected.
It is possible to create a Shared Album in your iCloud, and then set the album to be available to public websites. From there, you can access image URLs to add to a TFMR post.
Instructions on how to create an iCloud Shared Album can be found here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202786
Many websites have direct links to images that can be embedded into a website. Often these can be found by performing a search using Google Images (https://www.google.com/imghp), clicking the image you want to use, and then right clicking and choosing "Copy Image Location" in your browser. This will copy the URL to your clipboard, and can be pasted in the the Image Properties window on TFMR.
However, there are two extremely important notes about using this method:
- There must be authorization to publicly share and distribute the image. If there is not authorization to do so by the photographer and/or copyright owner, this is a violation of copyright laws.
- If TFMR is notified that a posted image is violating copyright laws, the commenter holds full responsibility for their actions.
Please take time to collect answers to each of the questions listed below, and then send us an email using the site Contact form. Make sure the responses to each question are included in your message. This will guarantee we can help you as quickly as possible.
- Device type and model (Dell laptop, iPad, iPhone, Samsung Galaxy smartphone, etc.)
- Operating system (Windows 10, Apple iOS, Android, Ubuntu 18.04, etc.)
- Internet browser and version number (Firefox 65.0, Chrome 72, Microsoft Edge, etc.)
- Type of Internet connection (DSL, T1, cable, dial-up, etc.)
- Which service provider you use to access the Internet (AT&T, Comcast, Verizon, etc.)
- Region of the world you are located (preferably city/state)
- The exact steps taken which cause your issue. The more specific, the better. Tell us step-by-step what you clicked and the message that was displayed. If there were any error messages, copy and paste the exact text in the email. The more information we have, the more likely we will be able to respond.
What is Turd's Vault?
Turd's Vault is a premium dashboard where you can get access to Turd's value-added content. In addition to his charts analysis, Turd offers a regular podcast - exclusively for subscribers - that will help you make sense of the precious metals markets, as well as the overall economy.
You'll get a run-down of the precious metals markets from a seasoned pro with a proven track record. The podcast covers precious metals, commodities and the financial markets, and sometimes includes interviews and reports from special guests.
What with the economy tanking and the Central Banks engaging in all sorts of craziness, the precious metals markets can be all over the map. Turd gives a detailed discussion, analyzing trends and data, and focusing on news that affects the precious metals markets.
You can gain access to the Vault by visiting the Subscribe page.
How do I listen to his shows?
You can listen to them right on the site – no muss, no fuss. Or if you prefer, you can download the podcast, or use our "Listen on the Go" button to load our podcast feed into Apple Podcasts, iTunes, Podcast Addict, Feedly... any app that can support an RSS feed.
That’s the beauty of the podcast format – you can listen to it when you want, where you want. But you can only listen if you join.
Does Turd bring on any guests?
Absolutely. TF will be bringing you guests to discuss the precious metals markets. And not just anyone – big names from the precious metals markets join Turd to talk about what matters to you: Gold, silver, platinum, and where they are going in the near-term future.
Does Turd take questions?
A big yes to that – TF takes subscriber questions, and he will often answer them on the next show or directly in the comments. You can send him a question on our Contact page.
There are often some common problems that pop up when trying to complete the checkout process. We've added some of them here to help you.
Why does the order keep failing?
Well, there are several possible reasons. Usually the most typical problems are because of the CVC code or address. For the CVC, make sure the right numbers are being entered... there are all sorts of numbers printed on a card, and very easy to get confused on which one is the CVC! If you need some extra help, check this picture:
For Visa and MasterCard, it will be a 3-digit number on the back, usually at the end of the printed strip where you add your signature. On American Express, the CVC code is on the front, and is four digits long.
Addresses can be super tricky. Sometimes credit card companies list an address on the account which is slightly different than what any sane, normal person would expect (crazy bankers!). Find a copy of a recent credit card statement and see if there are any differences between how the credit card company has it listed and how it is being entered on the checkout form. Even if it's a very small difference like using "St" rather than "Street", make sure to use their format. I know, I know, it's a royal pain in the behind, but that's how it goes.
If you're trying to place an order, and the Checkout page keeps saying the postal code is "incomplete," it is most likely due to a missing postal/zip code.
It's a little tricky to notice, but there are actually two places where the postal code needs to be entered. The first is in the Billing Information section. This is the address that will be connected to the purchase.
The second is when filling out the Credit Card details. At the very end of the line next to the CVC code is a place to enter a postal/zip code. This is the postal code that is associated with your credit card.
The reason for needing to enter it twice is there are situations where someone's credit card billing info is not the same location as the postal code connected to the card. For example, someone may have an office location as their billing address, but the card mailing address is a PO Box.
See the image below that references the two locations. If you enter both of them, it should work as expected.
I'm Canadian (or Australian, or Belgian, or <fill in the blank>)... why can't order?
Almost always has to do with address format. Usually it's because the government has come up with some way of formatting an address different from what you or I learned when we were in school. Have to make sure the postal service computers are happy when sorting the mail, but average human beings can't even figure out where they live anymore!
The easiest way to "decipher" the cryptic address code is to use your country's postal website. They almost always have some place where you can enter an address and it returns a postal code. The added benefit is it also spits out what *they* expect the address to look like. Use this format on the TF Metals Report checkout page, and see if it helps.
Here are the pages where you can find this information for a few of the most common countries where this issue can occur:
- US: https://tools.usps.com/go/ZipLookupAction!input.action
- Canada: https://www.canadapost.ca/cpotools/apps/fpc/personal/findByCity?execution=e1s1
- UK: https://www.royalmail.com/postcode-finder/
- Australia: https://auspost.com.au/apps/postcode.html
Arrggh... I still can't get it to work!
No problem, send us a payment through PayPal or via good ol' fashion postal mail using the information on our Donation page. Make sure to tell us your TF Metals Report username is so we can credit your account appropriately.
When does my subscription start and what is the end date?
If purchasing using the Subscribe page on the site, your subscription will start immediately. If using PayPal or snail mail, we will credit your account most likely within 7-10 days after the payment has been received. If you have any questions make sure to contact us.
All purchases made through the site are set to be an automatic renewal by default, and you can cancel the renewal at any time. If you choose to cancel, your Turd's Vault access will last throughout the full time of your original purchase.
For example, lets say you purchase a monthly subscription on September 15. The order will be automatically scheduled for renewal on October 15, one month from the original purchase date. On October 15, you allow the subscription to automatically renew, and on October 21, you decide that you'd like to cancel. You cancel the renewal following the instructions in the "Vault Subscription Cancellations and Refunds" section (listed below) on October 21, and will continue to have full subscriber access until November 15. Once November 15 is reached, your Vault subscriber status will be revoked and you will be required to purchase a new subscription to gain access again.
What will happen to my subscription when my credit card expires?
You can update the card on file at any time on your account. Click the "Account" link in the blue bar at the top of the page, and then the "Stored Cards" tab. Add a new card to replace the one that has expired. Make sure that the card to be used for your subscription is marked as "default."
If you wait until the time of your subscription renewal and the card has not been updated, you will receive an email notice from the site that your payment failed. If you update your card after receiving the "payment failed" email, your existing renewal will be processed with your new card. However, if you allow time to pass and your subscription fully expires, you will need to place a new subscription to gain access again.
Subscription Cancellations and Refunds
Go to the "Account" link at the very top user menu bar. Select the "Subscriptions" tab on the page, and from the Operations dropdown menu select "cancel." If you are having trouble, please use the contact form to let TF know. Please note: Subscriptions will be canceled, but we do not completely delete or remove accounts unless requested. You will continue to have full access for the entire length of your original term of purchase.
You are not guaranteed a refund for any purchase. All refunds are done at the discretion of TF. Monthly memberships will not be refunded - simply cancel your subscription to avoid being billed for the next month. For annual memberships: if you are unhappy with your subscription purchase, you may request a refund for a pro-rated portion of your subscription up to 6 months into your subscription. If you abuse your paid account to spam the site or otherwise cause site problems, you will not be entitled to a refund.