The Crypto-Corner

85 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, Aug 2, 2017 - 2:33pm
RickshawETF

A Question on Hardware Wallets

I have been interested in purchasing a Ledger Nano S device for several months, but they seem to be unavailable in the marketplace except at 2-3X their "suggested retail price". Is this a temporary issue, or is that just the way it is?

Wed, Aug 2, 2017 - 6:33pm
Nick Elway

SS and Rickshaw  Thanks for

SS and Rickshaw Thanks for the question and the link to Aaron's article.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/beginners-guide-claiming-your-bitco...

The other articles in the sidebar appear to be worth reading.

I wonder if the $400 dividend(bitcoincash) on a $2700 stock(bitcoin) interacts with your charts. Where does the current $3100 point (for both items) go?

Thu, Aug 3, 2017 - 9:03am (Reply to #22)
Silver_Surfer

RickshawETF wrote: I have

RickshawETF wrote:

I have been interested in purchasing a Ledger Nano S device for several months, but they seem to be unavailable in the marketplace except at 2-3X their "suggested retail price". Is this a temporary issue, or is that just the way it is?

I would only buy a Ledger Nano from the actual producer. They still seem to be available there. Otherwise, a Trezor might be an option for you.

Looking to trade crypto on leverage? BitMex is the biggest and most liquid crypto futures exhange that offers leverage up to 100x. Click here to get a 10% fee discount during the first 6 months. Please don't wreck yourself by actually leveraging 100x. Alternatives are 1Fox & 1Broker (1Broker has forex & legacy markets also).
Thu, Aug 3, 2017 - 9:38am (Reply to #23)
Silver_Surfer

Nick Elway wrote:SS and

Nick Elway wrote:

SS and Rickshaw Thanks for the question and the link to Aaron's article.

https://bitcoinmagazine.com/articles/beginners-guide-claiming-your-bitcoin-cash-and-selling-it/

The other articles in the sidebar appear to be worth reading.

I wonder if the $400 dividend(bitcoincash) on a $2700 stock(bitcoin) interacts with your charts. Where does the current $3100 point (for both items) go?

It had no effect yet at the time I made the chart. BCH miners were finding blocks every 12h or so, preventing people from selling. It's probably possible to sell now though, due to difficulty adjustment.

Anything can happen now in my view. My intuition tells me that Bitcoin will drop but stay in consolidation range. Many people bought because they wanted coins on both chains, causing the price to rise. Now, buyers will probably wait and see which chain will win. The concentrated interests of Bitmain and their henchmen VS Bitcoin core and the majority of the community.

Jihan will probably want to pump Bcash (BCH) VS Bitcoin at some point, but when. Most logical approach to me would be letting BCH dump at first, accumulating coins on the cheap. Then, make a comeback in November during the Segwit2X debacle that's in front of us. Kinda like what Barry Silbert has done and is doing with ETC.

Looking to trade crypto on leverage? BitMex is the biggest and most liquid crypto futures exhange that offers leverage up to 100x. Click here to get a 10% fee discount during the first 6 months. Please don't wreck yourself by actually leveraging 100x. Alternatives are 1Fox & 1Broker (1Broker has forex & legacy markets also).
Sat, Aug 5, 2017 - 6:28am
Silver_Surfer

And... we have a breakout.

And... we have a breakout. Beautiful to see that the pump started as soon as we had an hourly close above the 2940 line. Sadly I was asleep when it happened so I missed it. I'm not buying here though, maybe on the pullback.

Sat, Aug 5, 2017 - 6:52am (Reply to #19)
Silver_Surfer

Litcoin in CNY is back above

Litcoin in CNY is back above the 300 CNY resistance and back above the .786 fib level. If it breaks 314 we're back above the 2013 all time high daily close. I'm expecting fireworks here.

LTCBTC is looking less stellar, however the relative strength of LTC compared to other alts gives me hope. The long lower shadow of the pas two doji's isn't too bad either. Let's see how LTC responds during the move back into the pitchfork.

Fri, Aug 11, 2017 - 2:13pm
Nick Elway

Goldman's $3915 BTC

Mon, Aug 14, 2017 - 3:54pm
happycamper515
-
Honolulu, HI

BITCF

What is the potential for this? This thing is crazy but I hope it keeps getting crazier. If BTC is going to $100K then BITCF going to $250 would be insane.

Sun, Aug 20, 2017 - 3:41pm (Reply to #28)
Silver_Surfer

Looks like $3915 was a

Looks like $3915 was a lowball target. :)

$5,000+ if you ask me right now. Surprises me that it goes this fast.surprise

Sun, Aug 20, 2017 - 3:43pm (Reply to #29)
Silver_Surfer

I've never heard of BITCF. In

I've never heard of BITCF. In general I would say that if you want Bitcoin, you should buy Bitcoin, if you want alts, buy alts, instead of buying it through a possibly overpriced investment vehicle.

Sun, Aug 27, 2017 - 12:23pm
Nick Elway

OOPS, may need to keep your trezor in a vault

https://medium.com/@Zero404Cool/trezor-security-glitches-reveal-your-private-keys-761eeab03ff8

https://blog.trezor.io/trezor-firmware-security-update-1-5-2-5ef1b6f13fed

I'll be looking into this. TZero404Cool post suggests that your trezor can be compromised without opening the case (which implies malware could do it), whereas trezor.io claims physical access is needed.

Fri, Sep 1, 2017 - 12:16pm
Nick Elway

My first ICO

I suspect I am now the proud owner of some CDX tokens.

https://commodityadnetwork.com/

It's quite speculative, but if SRSrocco thinks it is OK it won't hurt me much to toss an Ethereum into the cause. Something needs to be done to reward truth-centric content providers!

Wed, Sep 13, 2017 - 11:18am
Nick Elway

Buy the dip?

It looks like the 30 period (3 days per candle) moving average could be around 3300 when bitcoin crosses below it (if bitcoin keeps coming down). Gathering dry powder, the 30 period has been a good buy point for a few years. Log scale chart. 

bitcoin 3 days per candle

Thu, Sep 14, 2017 - 12:15pm (Reply to #34)
Silver_Surfer

Isn't that more or less the

Isn't that more or less the 100 day moving average? Personally I might buy back at those prices, expecting to add in the 2000-3000 range if it gets there.

Fri, Sep 15, 2017 - 11:19am
Nick Elway

That was quick, Bitstamp low

That was quick, Bitstamp low was 2972, but my dry powder hasn't yet arrived.

100 DMA is indeed very close to 30-period 3-day per period MA. Around 3227 today.

Clif High sez "crocodile-teeth" pattern of last 2 years is replaced by some other pattern going forward.

Sun, Sep 24, 2017 - 12:21pm (Reply to #36)
AIJ

The "other" pattern

Hi Nick, 

What "other" pattern do you think Clif is going to reference in his next report? 

Mon, Oct 2, 2017 - 4:41pm (Reply to #37)
Nick Elway

The other BTC pattern

Hi AIJ ..wish I knew. 

I believe I heard Clif (in a video) suggest that traditional TA would work on BTC for the next 18 months. 

I look at the weekly since January 2016 and have little clue what traditional TA would apply. 

Nick

Mon, Oct 2, 2017 - 5:53pm
AIJ

The "other" pattern

Nick, 

I have since heard from Clif that the "other" pattern is more of a steady stair step climb up and no longer the dramatic "alligator tooth" pattern. 

What is your opinion of the possible Segwit 2x hard fork coming in November? 

Wed, Oct 4, 2017 - 12:51pm (Reply to #39)
Nick Elway

Latest Clif

Ack!

I bought Clif's October crypto report. Making sense of it is like making sense of Alan Greenspan. My summary inre bitcoin:

There could be multiple bitcoin forks in the next 12 months. His $20K number for a year from now could be either main or main + sum of forks. (Bitcoin cash is now showing up as a separate entity with optimism and improvements coming)

China to announce "the way forward" for their relation to crypto by end of October. Russia goes along. It is their plan for "getting off the fiat wheel" In the future we'll look back to this quarter as "revolution" then Q1 2018 as "winter of disconnect" (I think this is crypto/bitcoin seen as refuge as various fiat currencies hyperinflate.) 

There is no indication that the 13,800 USD paired with Feb 2018 reappeared in the current run. 

Clif has contradictory descriptions of the shape/price/volume for the next twelve months(one is the steady stair climb), but those market characteristics (whatever they are) will persist into future years.

One marker for start of next crypto price explosion is various government agencies/spokepersons to be openly feuding in the media. (Imagine FBI/CIA/EPA/DOJ/Army/Navy/HHS/FEMA/FED/TREAS mutual name-calling similar to that between Trump and the San Juan mayor)

I am not expert enough to have an opinion pro/con the next bitcoin fork. I was most happy with Trezor's response (also my paper wallet did fine) to the last fork and most unhappy with Coinbase's response (MAYBE I can claim in January 2018!) I'll be moving as much as I can out of coinbase before the next fork. 

People complain about the fork increasing money supply, but it was done without eroding my percentage of the supply! I had one millionth of the total bitcoins before the fork and one millionth of the bitcoins plus one millionth of the bitcoin cash after the fork. If there is a segwit 2x fork I'll have a millionth of each branch. I call that diversification. I'll benefit from whichever path is the winner.

Imagine if my bank account balance went up proportionally every time the FED printed money! Fork away!

Nick

-

Sat, Oct 14, 2017 - 11:31am
Nick Elway

Compwiz sez

It ain't bragging if you can back it up..

https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/343950#comment-343950

Quote:
I'd say this was a major hit. When it was spiking out of the Pitch Fork I emailed my subscribers that I was selling half for a 32% gain in six days. I got out at $5,850 & the high was $5,867. It then pulled back to $5,420. (I still have a few weeks to hit my $5900-$6000 target, LOL)

In this chart I added back in a steeper Pitch Fork that coincidentally matches Clif High's $13,800 by the end of Feb 2018. (I had taken it out when the price slowed down & fell out of it due to China & Jaimie Dimon.)

I also posted that steeper chart pointing to $13,000 on Twitter as well as here in Turdville back in July when Bitcoin was around $2,500. Here it is again:

FYI, I also nailed the spike & top in Litecoin in early Sep as well as the Ethereum top in back in June,

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

randomness