I wonder why that is ( IWWTI)

5675 posts / 0 new
Last post
Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 7:07pm (Reply to #41)

If he does, it will be easily discovered

Instead of engaging him, you simply email me and I will personally handle it.

Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 7:08pm
Magpie

this is sad...more dot gov types than worker bees in 'merica

https://cnsnews.com/news/article/terence-p-jeffrey/21955000-12329000-gov...

According to the BLS data, seasonally-adjusted manufacturing employment in the United States peaked in June 1979, ...

ancaro imparo.
Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 7:42pm
Maryann
-
TX

I just found it interesting.....

that as Jj and Mr Fix were having a very thoughtful and interesting discussion, on a very important and life changing subject, yet from vastly different perspectives, yet civil and respectful, someone showed up to wreak havoc and derail it. No coincidence, methinks.

Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 7:55pm (Reply to #44)
silver66

Maryann

your post dovetails nicely into GL's post a few below. Right when many could benefit from a coherent debate, boom it is sidetracked. Who or what benefits from that happening. A negative energy that thrives on chaos and fear rather than a positive energy that wants harmony ??

Perhaps the butterfly effect is more real than just a first years professors story to freshmen

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Butterfly_effecthttps://www.stsci.edu/~lbr...

Silver66

Silver66 Rage against the dying of the light

Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 8:06pm (Reply to #5)
silver66

Cat licking / pet food

thought I would poke around internet and post a few links for you. Nobody likes it when a pet is sick or not acting normal. I am sure you have done searches but perhaps my searches are different than yours

https://www.vet.cornell.edu/fhc/health_information/CW_lick.cfm

https://stoneridgevethosp.com/dermatological.php

https://www.animalallergycolorado.com/diseases.pdf

https://perezhilton.com/teddyhilton/2012-07-25-ask-a-vet-with-aspca-with...

https://en.allexperts.com/q/Ask-Veterinarian-700/f/cat-licking-fur-tummy...

Silver66

Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 8:16pm
Maryann
-
TX

Thank you...

Silver66 I'll take a look at those links! We also have a vet visit tomorrow afternoon, so maybe that will shed some more light too! indecision

Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 8:31pm (Reply to #17)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 8:39pm
question
-
CA

Fresh Air

Happy/sad DOTS closed; lots of nuggets there and too little use of the "ignore" function. I've never used it myself but then I've not tried to talk with closed minds either; not responding to them seems best.

Good of Turd to take on the task of eliminating the dross.

Spirituality=yes (can be discussed by adults)

Religion=no (will be argued by insecure immatures)

I'm as fanatical about my personal spiritual beliefs as anyone but can't fathom the idea of doing anything but holding my treasure close and sharing it sparingly.

Learn to behave
Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 9:11pm
ag1969

Interesting timing

Nevada family fights government over property near Area 51

By now, most people have probably heard of the secret base -- hidden in the Nevada desert -- known as Area 51.

But, what you may not know is that there is a privately owned lead and silver mine overlooking the classified base.

"From our great-great-grandfather, to our grandfathers, to our fathers, they were raised there," said Joe Sheahan, Groom Mine co-owner. "This was their home."

The Groom Mine has been in the Sheahan family for 130 years. Since military testing started in the mid 50's, the family has had one of the nation's most closely guarded secrets literally in their backyard.

Now, in what the Sheahans consider the final insult in a litany of abuse, they are being given an ultimatum by the Air Force. They must accept a $5.2 million buyout for the 400 acres in their possession or face having the land condemned and taken through eminent domain.

"I mean, that's really what we're talking about," said Joe Sheahan. "Is it okay to bomb your citizens, hold 'em at gunpoint and then -- just to add insult to injury -- just steal their property?"

The Sheahans say the Air Force offer doesn't even cover the value of the minerals in the mine -- let alone the family's close connection to the land -- where forbearers not only toiled -- but died.

"Either give us our property, leave us alone, or pay us what you owe us," Joe Sheahan added.

The Sheahans have until Sept. 10 to accept the Air Force offer.

https://www.lasvegasnow.com/news/nevada-family-fights-government-over-pr...

So I wonder, what AM would say about this. We have a silver mine on the edge of the most storied military base in history, and a family that has been harassed for decades by the gov't, and two days before the "Final Ultimatum" expires. Why this story now, finally.... ?

Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 9:25pm (Reply to #49)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 9:28pm (Reply to #50)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 9:36pm (Reply to #21)
silver66

KC

Here is a video for you that has done the math and measurements

Thought you would find it of interest. As for me...who knows smiley

Video unavailable

Silver66

Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 9:54pm
NW VIEW

Greek Invasion, it will spread!

https://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/09/08/greek-islands-turned-into-a-war-zone-by-migrants-supposedly-fleeing-war/

There are many reasons for the world wide troubles and trying to fix the problems will be almost impossible. jmo 

Jim

Some of them may be shouting "We are bringing you the joys of Islam!"

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 10:08pm (Reply to #54)
silver66

NW View

I clicked through the link and read the article.I also watched the imbedded video. I missed the reporting of the people shouting "we are bringing you the joys of Islam" IWWTI

Silver66

Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 10:14pm
Ferd Torgerson
-
TX

Eye Trouble

Haven’t posted much lately but have been following the comments daily.

It’s been saddening to see the recent degree of flaming. Can’t help but notice that there were several members for whom this site had devolved into “being about them”. Note the number of references to “I”, “me” and “my” in some posts. This calls to mind a comment by a former boss, who, after reading a whiny memo by a subordinate manager said, “This man has eye trouble”. When asked to explain, he responded, “Look at all the times he used the word ‘I’ in this memo”.

Some use “I”, “me”, “my” and “mine” enough in their comments as to qualify them to become assistant speech-writers for a certain politician who will go unnamed here. The quality of discussion would be improved and the degree of civility might be raised if first-person references in posts were used more judiciously. That would make individuals less emotionally invested in their comments and reduce the need to be defensive. Not to mention they would come across as much less self-centered.

For those who don't play by his rules going forward, Turd might want to consider engaging this gentleman as a special assignments moderator.

Eye hope all of you will take these comments in the spirit in which they were intended.

Ferd

Maritime Underwriters since 2011
Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 10:19pm (Reply to #55)
NW VIEW

@ Silver66 and Mr. Fix

Happy to see you two are happy and awake. Also, the joys they bring are in the video and not in the news coverage. Jim

NW VIEW >>>1 Cor. 1:18
Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 10:22pm (Reply to #54)
Mr. Fix
-
NY

Problems that are impossible to fix.

Jim!

I disagree, they only appear that way. Most of the stuff could be fixed fairly quickly if people just believed they could, and just decided to.

"Impossible to fix" is part of the deception. There's no such thing.

And that's coming from someone who knows how to fix anything. angel

Man, you can't believe how happy I am to find the gangs all here.

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 10:30pm (Reply to #47)
ltcolkilgore
-
Northern, IL

Shed some light...

or perhaps some more fur. Please let us know how the vet visit goes, having gone through this I'm curious as to how your situation will resolve itself.

Blessed be the Lord my strength which teacheth my hands to war, and my fingers to fight: My goodness, and my fortress; my high tower, and my deliverer; my shield, and he in whom I trust... Psalm 144
Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 10:41pm (Reply to #56)
Mr. Fix
-
NY

Ferd

Seems like just last night, whole bunch of comments started with "You"…... "You're a".... "He's a".... "She's a".... And quite frankly, it didn't go very well.

When people use "I" in a sentence, it makes sense that they might know what they're talking about. They might even have some experience on the subject…

People tell first person experiences here all the time. A guy of some acquaintance sitting in front of a computer monitor does that a lot, and he usually looks for similar posts, because he finds them informative, from a first-person perspective.

Otherwise, it's just second or third hand, usually from gossip, from someone who has no experience or grasp of the subject matter. Sometimes it's just an article on the subject no one cares about, from a source that no one finds credible.

Oh yeah, that guy in front of the computer monitor?

He told me to tell you that. wink

"When the student is ready, the teacher will appear."
Tue, Sep 8, 2015 - 10:45pm (Reply to #56)
Anonymous

Removed comment

Removed comment.

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

randomness