Cali chrome, breeders cup and wise Dan

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Fri, Oct 3, 2014 - 6:03pm
Anonymous

Cali chrome, breeders cup and wise Dan

Most folks are only interested in the KY derby. However, insiders really ramp up for Saratogo meet ( over this year) and the Upcomimg Breeders Cup. Why? Well 5 million dollars purses sure help. Anyway, it's too early but the top older horses in the world have been falling like flies. So it appears that the classic which is for all ages is going to be a 3 yr old showdown. It's still worthwhile because the ones who were hurt or late bloomers are ready to rock. Plus.quite a few on the early circuit have come into their own. Sadly several have also been injured ie wicked strong. So back fan darling California Chrome. Just horrible return at parx. He's big, gorgeous and what a story. I just couldn't get with him tho. Take nothing from jis two classic wins but he showed in the Belmont and a few weeks ago why he wasn't triple crown material. That being he is one dimensional. He has to have a trip. That means he has to be in a favorable position to win. Champs win every which way. His last race he was in on the rail which he hates. When he got an opening he had no gas. His jockey knew it and just let him run for a disappointing sixth. I don't see him doing any better in the breeders cup despite not having to deal with older monsters like Game on Dude and Palice Malice. I have no picks because the field isnt set. F Which brings me to my favorite horse Wise Dan. Ancient in horse racing he came off surgery to win his last race and he's 3/3 this year, the shadwell is Saturday and he's going to need all his class. If there was ever a race to bet against him , this is it. I wont be. I won't bet at all. I've seen this scared turf warriors champion heart too many times. Nevertheless, he is the target. Other trainers will sacrifice their race just so another will lose. They are going to use every trick to box him in, suicide fractions etc to keep him from crossing first and he's running against all class. Sadly I can't go to Keeneland. This year has been andisaster for me. After being in the hospital for two months it's left me weak and my biz hurting. I have to make tuff decisions on what to sells and keep. Although most of my clients say they will return when I'm on my A game again. Thank heavens I was conservative last year and this spring. It wouldn't be fair to my clients to remain with me when I can't give them my best. Thankfully horse folks look after each other and other trainers picked up my stock and raced them for me. It's amazing horse folks have such bad reps. The fact is we are a family for the most part. Sure there is bad blood like any family but when the chips are down the back stretch takes care of it's own. On another note. A few days ago I got a 25 years Arabian rescue stallion. I'm gobsmacked how bad he is. What is sickening is that this horse has a 2,000 year old pedigree. Someone paid at least six figures for him. The economy has taken a terrible toll on owners. Who want to do the right thing and hang on too long. This guy is royalty and I'll do my best to see his last years are worthy of him. Lastly in no particular order the things I hate the most. Barack Obama Nancy pelosi Edward Gal Warren buffet Eggs Islam And my parents for leaving me the freak here alone

Edited by: Anonymous on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:01am