Catching Up With Ned Naylor-Leyland
Download Podcast (Right Click + 'Save As')
On Wednesday, we had a chance to get caught up with our old pal, Ned Naylor-Leyland of Old Mutual Investors in London. Ned's job as fund manager puts him in front of institutional investors worldwide so it's always extraordinarily valuable to hear from him directly.
Over the course of this 40-minute call, Ned and I discuss a variety of topics, including:
- overall sentiment in the precious metals sector
- the growing interest in the sector from asset allocators and money managers
- any sign or signal in London of a pending crisis of confidence in the LBMA system
- how the level of real interest rates affects asset allocation decisions
- the technical picture in the metals and why it appears that a new bull market is underway
- and much, much more!
It was great fun to connect again with Ned as we've both been quite busy lately. I think you'll find this call to be very informative and well worth the wait. We promise to speak again soon on these subjects.
p.s. My apologies for the audio quality as Ned and I were plagued by some Skype issues through the call.
Ned Naylor-Leyland is manager of the Old Mutual Gold and Silver Fund. Ned graduated with a BA (Hons) degree from the University of Bristol in 1998. He began his career in 2001 at Neilson Management, later moving to Smith & Williamson (formerly NCL Investments) in 2003 where he was an Investment Manager. Ned later worked at Cheviot Asset Management in London before joining Old Mutual in 2015.
Thursday, September 14, 2017
Thursday, July 14, 2016
Thursday, May 1, 2014
Friday, December 13, 2013
Friday, September 7, 2012
Friday, March 2, 2012
Saturday, October 8, 2011