Active Public Thread Comments

274 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 7:21am
Lamenting Laverne

@ Spartacus - Hell hath no fury

You know the saying "Hell hath no fury like a women scorned". Well, I suspect this thread will become the last public safehaven for preservation of my sanity on this site, and I would like to keep it. So from now on, I will take any scorn and ridicule, you have to offer your fellow posters, personally.

Please make sure that you have taken your meds and washed your mouth with soap before posting here. Apply a new and improved recipe with less ass laughing and scorn and more of your balanced head gems.

I know you are bright - going forward please show me that you are bright enough to not let your wonderfully feisty temper get the better of you so it turns into a destructive force as it has been on occasions in the past. With sufficient investment of intellect, it is perfectly possible to not suffer perceived fools and to deliver a thoroughly piercing rebuttal without becoming abusive and bullying. Thank you.

Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 8:03am
Lamenting Laverne

@ Bugzy - re not so daft question

I think it is a very good question. Maybe it has something to do with controlling which banks (Western vs Eastern) get to handle the money flow (liquidity) and whether those banks are under the control of the Fed.

As far as I understand the biggest loss comes from this though: In todays world, the countries maintain USD balances on reserve for at least a couple of reasons.

1) When businesses enter into contracts to buy raw materials from abroad, they will typically be denominated in USD. The businesses may also enter into debt denominated in USD. Both contract obligations must be paid in USD. This means that the CB must have enough USD's on hand to facilitate the businesses, when they convert local currency into USD to pay for raw materials and debt repayments. The consequence of not having reserves at the right time in the right amount could mean that domestic businesses default on payment obligations and are taken over by foreign entities in a subsequent collateral seizure.

2) As the US is perpetually expanding the money supply (partially to facilitate global business activities as described in point one) the inherent devaluation of the USD means that CBs also buy some USDs and sell own local currency to intervene in the FX market to protect their own export businesses from being priced out of the US market/USD denominated markets.

As I understand it - when the international trade settlement becomes peer to peer based, the need for keeping these USD reserves and the demand for instant USD liquidity will no longer be as strong, and the marginal utilization of the USD will drop. This means that the USD can no longer "force" other CB's to devalue their own currencies vis a vis the USD to protect exporters - which means that the US ability to "export inflation" will be reduced.

This means that the US consumer will lose due to further erosion of purchasing power, while the rest of the world will only lose purchasing power according to their own trade imbalances / debt financed deficits.

To reduce the impact of this outcome, I believe the US needs to get rid of the obligation to provide liquidity for the entire world as it is both a curse and a blessing, the US needs to balance the public budgets and the US needs to balance the trade deficits with the rest of the world - aka increase local production for exports again.

When we look at tapering, conservative election win and the ramping up of peoples general understanding of the problems of the debt financed consumption - that maybe indications of exactly what they are trying to do under the surface.

I am not sure about all of the above - but this is my understanding at the moment.

Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 8:11am
opticsguy
-
dallas, TX

Ag1969

Do you want to start another healthy food/healthy living thread?

Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 8:21am
Lamenting Laverne

@ JY896, Karankawa

@ JY896 - Yes! - I am so glad you agree. The other way, we would just have an even longer list of forums with less overview than before - after a few months. Thanks!

@ Karankawa - Thank you for reply to earlier thread. I have much more to say on raised beds, but will hold the fire for now so as to not monopolize this thread from the very beginning. For now, just this - recently I had to take up my veggie garden beds and establish a lawn. I distributed my first compost, that I had not attended to properly at all, but suddenly was just there in sufficient quantities anyway ;-) The result was stunning. Normally it will take a lawn about three weeks to produce that fragile green hue that tells you it is on the way. I am not exaggerating - on the composted area - the grass was up - not just a hue - it was up for real (still fragile but clear green and crisp) - after about 12 days! I call that one heck of a growing accelerator!

Edit: Re Ag1969 - I will second that motion! Ag1969 has posted, among many things, a video that has completely revolutionized the way I understand metabolism and processing of nutrients in the body. Please do come back and continue posting your important findings.

Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 9:26am
57Goldtop

LL

Can you re-link that video from Ag69?

Thanks!

Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 11:03am
Lamenting Laverne

@57Goldtop - here you go ;-)

Optimization of Vitamin C and Antioxidant Therapy

​It is Dr. Thomas Levy delivering a talk on Vitamin C and liposomal delivery. It is particularly his very simple definition of toxins and nutrients that has helped me find other texts that provided me with a better understanding of foods and remedies and how they possibly work on the molecular level. I watched this many times to really try to absorb all the details, while looking up any word I did not understand the meaning of. Very interesting to me.

Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 11:26am
thurd aye
-
North Korea

thread up,meds CS

TA)))

TPTB,BB,USG,UKG,and assorted liars,billionaire-politicians world wide.The noose awaits you .
Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 11:27am
thurd aye
-
North Korea

thread up,meds CS

TPTB,BB,USG,UKG,and assorted liars,billionaire-politicians world wide.The noose awaits you .
Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 11:40am
57Goldtop

Thanks Laverne!

I had failed to pick this out of the information tsunami the first time.

The subject of metabolizing nutrients is fascinating.

Perhaps I'll find a ratio of "nutrients metabolized / calories consumed". In the past 6 months I've gone dramatically higher on this conceptual ratio while meaningfully lowering the amount of stuff I eat and increasing the amount of actual food I eat.

How? As Michael Pollan said, "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants".

Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 12:23pm
Bugzy
-
Canada

It was always thus

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2014-11-09/another-conspiracy-theory-bite...

Trader Dan, Doug Casey et al, are you reading this?

Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 12:44pm
Zoltan
-
MB
Canada

New Forums

Hope the change helps the site. I like it myself. Too many distractions on main street threads. Too easy for the threads to get hijacked. Would be nice to see a better link to the archives. Maybe a button on the top line with the others.

Bart Kitner's day in court (criminal) was last week. Edit: (change to last week the 8th was Saturday) Couldn't find any news on the internet. No update on the trustee in bankruptcy site even though their extension expired on the same day. Will post any updates I find.

Edit: (Bugsy beat me to it) New ZH story about Gold Manipulation Conspiracy Theory becoming Banker Settlement Without Real Consequences Reality Fact was a fun read. Enjoy.

Z

Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 3:11pm
BagOfGold
-
The Universe
XX

Lamenting_Laver...

your Active Public Thread...is such an excellent idea...I thought it would be nice to knit these new posts...into a scarf while waiting for a new topic to be posted!...Anyways...here's hoping you get lots of use out of your new knitting rocker...& JY896...Thanks for the library!!!...

Bag Of Gold

Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 4:03pm Bugzy
HappyNow
-
Canada

Bugzy wrote: I have a Braille

Bugzy wrote:

I have a Braille hat tip key on my computer. I have wondered for years if it actually worked, thanks for the feedback.

<gasp>

still choking on my beer 30 min later.

<gasp>

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 4:51pm
Lamenting Laverne

Thanks BOG!

I love the rocker and books - it has a nice homey feel to it ;-)

Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 6:06pm
Bollocks
-
London
UK

Lamenting_Laver...

Thumbs up from me for your forum thread here .

As to "keep it clean" ... damn.

@Pining: "Regarding the UK, I would be interested if UK Turdites have an opinion whether the BoE allowing direct trade settlement with China might signal a bit less dollar-supportive stance than we have previously seen?"

I don't think so. The UK and US ptb (banks) are joined at the hip. I don't see any independence in the UK apart from where it's necessary to create the illusion that the UK is independent and makes its own decisions on major worldwide matters (see the vote against supporting the US strikes on Syria as an example - it simply wasn't time, the illusion needed to be kept alive).

The BoE and the Federal Reserve are the same beast. That's become clear to me over the years.

That the BoE have allowed direct-trade settlement with China makes me think something else is afoot, yet to be seen.

@LL: "...the discussion on whether to bomb or not to bomb ISIS in the "broad" coalition. One day the UK did not want to participate, and the next day Cameron came out with blazing guns stating that the UK simply had to participate in this coalition. "

Exactly.

Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 10:51pm
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

Was Loretta Lynch picked to

Was Loretta Lynch picked to be a gate keeper and cover up criminal investigation of Eric Holder, who is married to Lynch’s friend, Sharon Malone?

Posted on | November 9, 2014 | 19 Comments

I started investigating Loretta Lynch, Obama’s pick for Attorney General and immediately could see an interesting connection. I read an article stating that when Loretta Lynch started Harvard, she co-founded an African-American sorority. There was only one other girl in this sorority, Sharon Malone. The name rang a bell.

The name of the wife of AG Holder is Sharon Malone, she is the sister of a known civil rights leader Vivien Malone -Jones (one of 2 black students who enrolled in all white University of Alabama).

I checked the age: both were born in 1959 and both went to Harvard at the same time. There were very few African American students in Harvard in 1977-1981, so I am rather certain that Loretta Lynch is an old college friend of Sharon Malone, the wife of the current AG Eric Holder.

Why this connection is important? Holder will be investigated by Congress for totally lawless gun trafficking to Mexican drug cartels in Fast and Furious, IRS scandal, VA scandal, DOJ, NSA, EPA, FEC and other scandals. Most importantly, Holder covered up Obama’s use of a stolen CT Social Security number of Harrison J. Bounel 042-68-4425 and Obama’s use of bogus IDs. It seems that a long time college friend of Holder’s wife was picked up as a gate keeper to continue all of the cover up by Holder and shield Holder and Obama from criminal prosecution.

By Dr. Orly Taitz, ESQ

https://www.orlytaitzesq.com/was-loretta-lynch-picked-to-be-a-gate-keepe...

Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 11:03pm
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

Foundation of US nuclear

Foundation of US nuclear system showing cracks November 8, 2014

But the problem goes beyond the military and Hagel's responsibility for nuclear weapons. It extends to the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA). This office within the Energy Department is in charge of ensuring that nuclear warheads attached to Navy and Air Force missiles and bombs — as well as those in storage — are safe and work properly.

It also administers a network of nuclear weapons plants and nuclear laboratories.

The government splits nuclear management responsibilities between agencies. The Energy Department, through the NNSA, develops, produces and maintains nuclear weapons as well as dismantles and disposes of those that are retired. The Defense Department sets weapons requirements and operates them in the field.

Augustine told Congress last April that the NNSA "is on a trajectory toward crisis," having "lost credibility and the trust of the national leadership (and the Pentagon) that it deliver needed weapons and nuclear facilities on schedule and on budget."

Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 11:05pm
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

U.S. government tried to

U.S. government tried to cover up pandemic that killed 50 million

by J. D. Heyes Natural News Have you noticed that, in the past few weeks, the mainstream media has stopped reporting on suspected cases of Ebola in the United States? That’s because they’ve been asked not to do so — at least until those suspected of having the virus test positive for it with a lab test. The implication is that the mainstream media ..

Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 11:08pm
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

Home » Category: Price » Gold

Home » Category: Price » Gold Price Bounces. Is This A Trend Reversal?

Gold Price Bounces. Is This A Trend Reversal?

Matthew Weller | November 9, 2014 | Category: Price

Tags: gold price, technical analysis

Gold was trading sharply higher on Friday after the US monthly jobs report showed fewer jobs were added in the economy than expected. This encouraged traders to take some profit on their long dollar positions, causing buck-denominated assets to rally. But we remain skeptical how high gold can go from here, for the jobs report wasn’t that bad. After all, the unemployment rate edged lower to 5.8% thanks to another 200-thousand-plus increase in non-farm employment. Ignoring today’s bounce, gold has dropped to a low so far of just under $1132 per troy ounce since reaching $1255 about three weeks ago.

To put things into perspective, it has fallen almost 10% during this period, which is obviously a huge move. Most of the losses have been due to the US dollar, which has surged higher following last week’s hawkish FOMC statement and increasingly more dovish central banks elsewhere in G10. The Bank of Japan’s surprise decision to expand its asset purchases program last week was followed by a dovish European Central Bank meeting on Thursday. At the follow up monthly news conference, Mario Draghi said the ECB is prepared to act more aggressively to combat deflation threats if needed and that the policy makers were unanimous on this view. He also said that the ECB’s Governing Council expects the central bank’s balance sheet to reach the early 2012 levels, implying an increase of up to €1 trillion. The net effect of the BoJ and ECB announcements has been positive for not only the US dollar, but also the global equity markets. Thus this has weighed on safe-haven demand.

But given that gold has also fallen even in euro terms recently, the dollar alone cannot explain its weakness. It seems therefore that investors are not finding any value, at least at these levels, in tying up a significant portion of their capital in gold. What’s more, the physical demand for gold has also not been as strong as it had been in recent past. Price pressures remain weak across the globe so there is less need inflation hedging purposes at this moment. On top of this, the world’s top gold consumers – China and India – have been purchasing less gold. The Chinese are probably waiting for prices to fall further before increasing their purchases. Perhaps one piece of positive news for gold bugs is that prices are now close to the cost of production levels, therefore miners will be forced to halt production if they fall further and remain depressed. The potential reduction in supply growth could provide support to prices. But in the more near-term outlook, one other positive news is that the falling prices have given rise to bullion coin and bar sales, especially in North America. What’s more, the market sentiment is VERY bearish on precious metals and this is should be a warning sign for the bears that the trend may soon end.

Gold’s breakdown of the key $1180 support level last week has given rise to follow-up technical selling. The yellow metal has already reached both of our targets from last week: the 127.2% and 161.8% Fibonacci extension levels of the last rally that started at the beginning of October, at $1163 and $1138/9 respectively. Therefore Friday’s bounce was also driven by profit-taking which is part of the reason why we don’t think the rally will be sustained. Even if it does push further higher, it would do really well reach, let alone break, the $1180 level. For as long as it remains below this broken support level, our technical outlook on gold will remain bearish. Meanwhile the 127.2% extension of a separate move, the short-lived rally from the 2013 low comes is at the psychological $1111.1 level. This is our extended bearish target.

Sun, Nov 9, 2014 - 11:14pm
Safety Dan
-
La Trinidad
Philippines

Joe Banister is the first and

IRS Insider Joe Banister Exposes Federal Reserve Coup and IRS Fraud

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEL2uOG9Jrc#t=56

Joe Banister is the first and thus far only IRS Criminal Investigation Division Special Agent ever to conduct, while serving as a special agent, an investigation into allegations that the IRS illegally administers and enforces the federal income tax. He respectfully reported the results of his investigation to his IRS superiors, up to and including the IRS Commissioner. Rather than address the legitimate concerns raised by one of their own distinguished investigators, his IRS superiors suspiciously refused to address the chilling evidence of IRS wrongdoing raised in his report and instead encouraged him to resign from his position. Observing that IRS management intended to cover up the deceit and illegal conduct alleged in his report, Banister chose to resign from his position so that he could report his findings to the American public. In effect, Banister had to resign from his position in order to abide by his oath to support and defend the U.S. Constitution.
https://agentfortruth.com/
https://www.infowars.com/
https://www.prisonplanet.tv/
https://twitter.com/#!/RealAlexJones
https://www.facebook.com/AlexanderEmer…
Read more at https://investmentwatchblog.com/irs-insider-joe-banister-exposes-federal-reserve-coup-and-irs-fraud-2/#glx1makhtvQcsZkF.99

randomness