Will Today's Stock Rally Continue

33 posts / 0 new
Last post
Spinny
Spinny's picture
Hat Tips: 547
Will Today's Stock Rally Continue

My RTSA and TZA got hammered today.

What are your thoughts on a rally. I think the upside is limited but downside.....well, you know. Anyone else playing leveraged ETF's. I'm not messing with paper silver right now.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 06:07

What is the biggest public fallacy about market behavior? That markets are supposed to make sense. ~ Richard Dennis

CookieMonster
CookieMonster's picture
Hat Tips: 87
Stock Market

We are in on hell of a bear market here.

If you want some more insight on relief rallies, google Ira Epstein midday financial report!

CookieMonster

Hammer
Hammer's picture
Hat Tips: 16201
  The full lunar moon eclipse

Certainly looks to be heading for some rough waters for a few months.

"I found a flaw in the model that I perceived is the critical functioning structure that defines how the world works." - Alan Greenspan, October 2008
WTF ! Now you tell us !!!

Spinny
Spinny's picture
Hat Tips: 547
We are on the edge of a

We are on the edge of a cliff. There ain't nothin rough about it.

What is the biggest public fallacy about market behavior? That markets are supposed to make sense. ~ Richard Dennis

Shill
Shill's picture
short

I am so short I could circumcise a Gnat. :)

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

davefess
davefess's picture
Hat Tips: 753
exit points?

I am short dow (pretty new at trading and in options) and I am wondering what the experienced traders are looking for an exit point if they are short dj, nas, or sp. March 11 lows or lower do you think?

"it's game over man, game over!"

davefess
davefess's picture
empire manufacutring

it just got crushed..-7 vs expect +12. how can they be so wrong so often. should be a good day for shorts I hope (stocks) with some bad economic reports and the greek situation

Shill
Shill's picture
1260?????

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

CYM
CYM's picture
Hat Tips: 1630
I'm loaded up on FAZ (3x

I'm loaded up on FAZ (3x financial bear), TZA (3x small cap bear), and DXD (2x Dow bear) for my short positions.  I think we go down the rest of the week.

Vypuero
Vypuero's picture
Hat Tips: 3999
Market will tank today

Looks like all the futures are off today and the market is getting ready to tank at the open

RunGLD
RunGLD's picture
Hat Tips: 2
I think playing the leveraged

I think playing the leveraged short etfs is a super risky game at this point. the big guns are waiting to see if the 200day moving avg. can hold on the S&P. once that breaks on a weekly chart, then the bigger longer-term short bets will start to pile on, but for now, i'm playing quick ins and outs on momentum, no overnight holds.

equity futures are getting crushed, don't want to join the short party at the open today but will wait for rebound after open and then load up on some SDS with pretty tight stop.

we aren't in the bear yet, although god knows we are probably heading there. this rigged market can go anywhere at these levels. the machines are just waiting for the big trend indicators to confirm, then it could be a free fall. 

humahuaca
humahuaca's picture
Hat Tips: 1030
despite being a long term bear

I am very wary of being short down here. I think the can gets kicked down the road for a few more months, and that might stretch out longer than most expect? Just feels that way to me.

I am flat right now, but will more likely buy SSO a bit lower than SDS up here.

Rebounds move very quickly, and even a hint of good news will drive stocks up 2 or 3 % in 2 days, easily.

davefess
davefess's picture
nervous

I am short dow right now through options and I am nervous about it. Kind of waiting to see what happens with greece, but may take the small profits I have and get out. Then of course watch the thing tank!

davefess
davefess's picture
watch today close in green

more manipulation. how much longer can this continue. dow up almost 50 pts from its low today. still down, but I bet it closes in green. complete b.s.

Shill
Shill's picture
Crude inventories

10:36a

BREAKING

Crude-oil inventories fell 3.4 mln barrels: EIA

RunGLD
RunGLD's picture
Hat Tips: 2
I agree - think what we'll

I agree - think what we'll see is big swings with an overall downward longer term trend until we hit 200dma - if we go thru that convincingly,  then selling will accelerate, then the setup for QE3 is in place and well head back up.  For now, i'm getting in and out quickly on these leveraged index etfs. I agree SSO works very well in this current environment as well as we stair step up, then down. Holding either SSO or SDS for more than a quick turn can get ugly though. And all bets are off if we rebound strongly off 200dma, without QE3 which would indicate some serious manipulation.

Shill
Shill's picture
Stock Market Crash Possible Soon?

http://www.thebullbear.com/profiles/blogs/stock-market-crash-possible

davefess
davefess's picture
Possibility?

I think it has been a common theory that the Fed needs prices to come down (including stock market) if they need to do a QE 3...but once the selling does start, can they really control it from there. Wouldn't it kind of take off?

Shill
Shill's picture
Mid morning Re-cap

And the markets are just floating? Must be due to today's positive headlines...

+ Contagion Risk Increases – Euro Falls As Moody’s May Cut Rating On 3 Large French Banks Exposed To Greece

+ S&P Downgrades Four Main Greek Banks From B To CCC On Deposit Flight Concerns And, Well, General Bankruptcy Fears

+ Fitch said an announcement of Vienna type initiative would likely trigger Greek ratings downgrade to 'C'

+ Moody’s placed France’s top three banks, BNP Paribas, Societe Generale, and Credit Agricole, on review for a possible downgrade

+ China Developers’ Outlook Lowered to ‘Negative’ by S&P as Credit Tightens

+ Rosenberg '99%' sure of U.S. recession (Forbes)
... />+ Raging Stagflation: Inflation Higher As Empire State Mfg Index Tumbles, Confirms Contraction

+ Stagflation Trifecta Complete: Industrial Production Misses Expectations

+ 3 Year Greek Bonds Trading At 28.6%

+ BARCLAYS'S JENKINS SAYS `SERIOUS' PROBLEMS IN EUROPEAN UNIT

+ Greeks Riot

davefess
davefess's picture
good article on TBTF banks will become too big to keep

http://www.marketoracle.co.uk/Article28689.html

davefess
davefess's picture
starting to sell off....

looks like I was wrong again, dow futures down -122, could be an interesting day!cool

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Will Today's Stock Rally Continue"