It was a thrill to get to visit with John Hathaway Wednesday evening. Not only is John a well-respected money manager, he's also someone who views the "gold market" in a manner that fits right in with TFMR. Therefore, please carve out some time to give this podcast a listen.
John Hathaway is Chairman of Tocqueville Asset Management where he's also the co-manager of the $1.3B Tocqueville Gold Fund. This is a traditional, actively-managed mutual fund that anyone can purchase within their investment accounts and IRAs. More background on the fund can be found here:
What's fun is that John sees the world in much the same manner as we do here at TFMR. As evidence of that, please scroll through John's latest letter to shareholders dated January 5 of this year:
In this call, John and I discuss a number of issues, including:
- The prevailing negativity to begin 2017...strikingly similar to the prevailing conditions as 2016 began.
- The notion of a stronger dollar and higher interest rates in 2017 which we call The Generally Accepted Narrative.
- Specific gold-positive fundamentals for 2017.
- The inherent disconnect of the pricing power bestowed upon the synthetic gold market.
- How and why mining shares are positioned to provide exceptional returns in the months ahead.
I think you're really going to enjoy this podcast and I hope to have John back again soon for an update.