A2A with John Butler of GoldMoney
Download Podcast (Right Click + 'Save As')
John Butler joined us for A2A this week and we had a fascinating discussion. Be sure to find some time to give this a thorough listen.
Among the topics discussed in this podcast:
- Recent developments at GoldMoney and how this service is making gold available to people everywhere
- The similarities between Lehman in 2008 and Deutschebank in 2016...keeping in mind that, at one time, John worked for both firms
- The threat of an EU bank "contagion" and how this could impact the global economy
- New guidance that could make gold ownership more widespread in the Muslim community: http://truewealthpublishing.asia/the-latest-on-the-islam-world-buying-gold/
- The eventuality of a return to a gold-based global monetary system.
Again, please carve out some time to give this a listen. You'll be glad you did!
John Butler has over 20 years experience in international finance. He has served as a Managing Director for bulge-bracket investment banks on both sides of the Atlantic in research, strategy, asset allocation and product development roles, including at Deutsche Bank and Lehman Brothers. He has advised some of the world's largest institutional and private investors in matters ranging from wealth preservation to enhancing returns through a wide variety of innovative strategies and he has been a #1 ranked investment strategist by Institutional Investor magazine.
Among his other accomplishments, John is on the record having anticipated the great gold bull market of the 2000s, the US housing market bust of 2007-09 and the protracted euro debt crisis. His publications include his popular Amphora Report investment newsletter and The Golden Revolution (John Wiley and Sons, 2012), a book explaining the causes and consequences of the 2008 global financial crisis and exploring the financial market implications of global monetary regime change. His research has been cited by numerous publications including the Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Nikkei Shimbun, Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung, Boersenzeitung, Handelsblatt, Neue Zuercher Zeitung, Milano Finanza and De Telegraaf. John is a regular presenter at investment conferences and other events around the world. He lives in England with his wife and four children.
Thursday, September 21, 2017
Thursday, October 27, 2016
Thursday, April 14, 2016
Thursday, December 18, 2014
Thursday, August 22, 2013
Friday, May 25, 2012