Back on Friday, I jumped at the opportunity to visit again with Bryan Slusarchuk, the president of K92 Mining. You may recall that when we last spoke with Bryan back in June, K92 was getting ready to bring their primary mine into production. With production now underway, I think you'll really enjoy this update.
What an exciting time for Bryan and his company. It was great to visit with him again and, not only did he answer my questions, he was also glad to address some of the questions raised in the comments section of the original interview. Among the topics covered in this podcast:
- An update on K92's successes and a reminder of the outstanding team he has put together in order to move the company forward.
- K92 bought their primary asset from Barrick. Why did Barrick shutter the project in 2008 and what makes K92 the right company to finally bring it into production?
- What about the company's Measured and Indicated resources and how does the latest economic assessment factor into this calculation?
- How might potential future share dilution impact current shareholders?
- With production now underway, what are the expected mining volumes and all-in sustaining costs?
Bryan is also "one of us" so I think you'll also enjoy the conclusion of the call where he addresses the current global financial situation and the impact on the Bank-manipulated, paper derivative "gold price" going forward.
Thanks again to Bryan for his time and his eagerness to address some of the follow-up questions from our initial visit last summer. After listening to this call, be sure to do your own due diligence and then consider whether or not K92 deserves a spot within your diversified portfolio of mining shares.