After taking a week off while Professor Cohen was traveling in Europe, the Batchelor-Cohen discussions of Ukraine Crisis resumed last evening.
A lot has happened in the past two weeks and John and Steve struggled a bit to keep up in the limited amount of time they had. Among the topics discussed last evening:
- The ongoing "War Party" rhetoric -- the spokespeople of the "Anti-Minsk Agreement" crowd.
- Is the second Minsk Agreement the only thing constraining all out war?
- News that Russia had withdrawn from the conventional arms treaty (CFE), originally signed in 1990. https://rt.com/news/239409-russia-quits-conventional-europe/ & https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Treaty_on_Conventional_Armed_Forces_in_Europe
- The significance of Crimea and what plans the NAF may have for moving in that direction.
- The extraordinarily high level of disinformation and half-truths that permeate "western" press reports.
- Growing anti-Americanism in Russia and the current effects of the sanctions.
Please take the time to give this podcast a thorough listen.