It has been a difficult year in the mining shares so when I invited Joe Mazumdar for this podcast, I knew we had a lot to discuss. However, this week's merger announcement between Kirkland Lake and Agnico Eagle certainly makes this podcast quite timely for anyone interested in the sector.
If you've been around here for a while, then you know I have great respect for the work done at Exploration Insights. Brent Cook retired a few years ago and handed off the day-to-day analysis to Joe Mazumdar and I'm happy to report that the high quality of their work has continued uninterrupted.
For today's call, I asked Joe to comment on these topics of interest plus much more in between:
- What is the general state of the sector at this point in a challenging 2021?
- Will rising costs impact the profit margins and earnings of the major producers?
- Is this the time to favor royal companies over producers?
- Does he approve of the KL-AEM merger and what are the benefits to the combined company?
- How does he feel about industrial commodities and uranium?
Many thanks to Joe for so generously sharing his time today. As you heard me state repeatedly....If you're interested in the mining sector, you need to find as much trustworthy analysis as possible if you're going to have any sort of investment success. Exploration Insights certainly fits that category.
p.s. No, that's not Joe in the picture. It's just some random dude in a hat holding a massive, gold-colored rock.