33 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, Jun 15, 2011 - 12:25pm
Shill
-
Mars
XX

DOW Negative -163  ( A

DOW Negative -163 ( A slumdog and a half )

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
Wed, Jun 15, 2011 - 12:28pm Shill
davefess
-
Eagle River, WI

oh happy days (for a short)

Dow paused for a sec then sliced through 11,900 like it was nothing...straight down maybe till 11,500? question is then what in front of the FOMC meeting next week?

"it's game over man, game over!"
Wed, Jun 15, 2011 - 1:16pm
pailin

Dow 10k?

One can hope :)

In all seriousness..what will be price of everyday things be if DGR meets at 7000, and most of the Western world has..no gold?

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Wed, Jun 15, 2011 - 1:21pm
Shill
-
Mars
XX

Banks are getting killed

Banks are getting killed today.

I went to buy a toaster and they gave me a bank.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.
Wed, Jun 15, 2011 - 2:31pm Shill
CYM

I'm loving my shorts today.

I'm loving my shorts today. FAZ is treating me well.

Wed, Jun 15, 2011 - 2:37pm
Gold Nugget
-
Klondike, AK

I want to be short the

I want to be short the market. what is the best low risk way to do that. How about an ETF in terms of the Dow/Gold,

‘Nine times out of ten when I see an attractive woman walking down the street, I turn and take another look. Ten times out of ten she does not turn around to check me out.’
Wed, Jun 15, 2011 - 2:43pm Gold Nugget
CYM

shorts

Gold Nugget wrote:

I want to be short the market. what is the best low risk way to do that. How about an ETF in terms of the Dow/Gold,

Here's an excellent ETF list

https://etf.stock-encyclopedia.com/category/leveraged-etfs.html

Wed, Jun 15, 2011 - 2:50pm
Shill
-
Mars
XX

BCT Federal Credit Union of Binghamton, N.Y.

BCT Federal Credit Union of Binghamton, N.Y., was shut down today by the national credit Union administration, NCUA.

Wed, Jun 15, 2011 - 7:23pm
Spinny
-
IN

It is important to note what

It is important to note what this new found deflationary environment will do for the dollar. It is getting a much needed lift. Still fundamentally flawed, but not quite the stinkiest turd in the pile. Which is all fine by me, I'm not quite ready to see civilization come crashing down.

What is the biggest public fallacy about market behavior? That markets are supposed to make sense. ~ Richard Dennis
Thu, Jun 16, 2011 - 4:34am
Jim-M
-
TX

Leveraged Market ETF's

"Anyone else playing leveraged ETF's."

SDS and FAZ calls. Considering QID calls, but haven't looked at daily volume yet.

- Jim M.

Thu, Jun 16, 2011 - 4:42am
Jim-M
-
TX

Posted this on the main blog

Posted this on the main blog entry a few minutes ago.... just BE CAREFUL. SDS moves fast, options on it just FLY. Blink and you'll have some serious pain.

-------------------------------

Regarding the market's direction, notice the 200 day MA for the S&P is only a few points below today's close. If we close below that MA, selling likely will continue and possibly accelerate. If the market bounces and continues to close above the 200 day MA, then likely the correction will bottom and eventually move out and up.

Watch that average. If it breaks and you're a seasoned trader, you can buy longer-dated call options on SDS with a small amount of money. SDS is a 2X leveraged inverse S&P 500 ETF. Options on this cat move far and fast, farther and faster than similar calls for SLV. Be careful. It is a quick trade only.

Personally, I believe the market will breach the 200 day MA and fall until QE3 is announced. If forced to guess, I would expect that announcement mid-July to mid-August, and for it to be timed such that European events can be blamed. But just as with silver, it could go either way. We have hundreds of dynamic events weighing on the decisions of hundreds of big-money fund managers. Who knows of any 5-10 events will affect the cumulative psych of big money? Let the chart tell you what the market will do.

So far, the big money exit seems like it is already in play, as seen by the volume being much higher as the price falls. In a normal bull market, volume goes up with price for accumulation. Volume up/price down is selling - down.

I believe the markets are grossly overbought due to easy money looking for a home, that the economy is not healthy and revenues will not grow to catch up to cost cutting "profits," and that major fund managers don't want to be the last guy holding a billion in the market. So, they'll look for a safer and more profitable pastures until the easy money comes back.

- Jim M.

Thu, Jun 16, 2011 - 7:56am
Dr Durden
-
Twin Cities, MN

Yeah, I'm short cause there's

Yeah, I'm short cause there's so much air in the balloon it just cannot be sustained and also fundamentally because the market is just not worth these levels (obviously).

I've seen convincing arguments for 400 on the S&P - both from economists and the cyclical traders.

So, I bought low and will ride until the DOW/Gold ratio is 2-3 or the S&P hits 800 and then will revaluate. Nothing goes straight down, of course there will be bear market rallies and head fakes, but I got nothing but time....

Got GIABO? "It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin