23 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mon, Jun 27, 2011 - 9:29am Plan B
BlackHawk
-
Truman Lake, MO

Previously Ex-Pat In South America

Plan B -

I'm wondering if you work, have a business, or own property?

I have been considering a move to Uruguay or possibly Chile for a while. Mentally it's tough to make the jump, mostly because I spent long years in Chile under Pinochet. At one point, I was married to a Chilean and helped smuggled two kids out overland to Ecuador, then on to Sweden. It's a long story and I wouldn't want to repeat it. Also, I was in Santiago in '83 during the previous big quake and Pinochet had a "Toque de Quedas" in effect. That meant we had to stay inside crumbling slum houses after dark. I still love Chile. I worked on a project there two years ago, returning 26 years after smuggling the kids out through Arica.

University students were smoking weed openly in front of the Moneda. How times change!! Que chevere!

Tue, Mar 5, 2013 - 3:29pm BlackHawk
Plan B
-
Montevideo
Uruguay

Well, OK, I'm only a year and

Well, OK, I'm only a year and a half late answering,* but still have a business in the USA (and sort of work at it sometimes), and own a house near the beach and now a small and very simple farm a few miles inland.

*I think I set the record on another forum, replying something like 8 years later ;-)

randomness