Last post
Tue, Jan 17, 2012 - 10:22am
brad_pitts_betterlooking_brother
-
NY

so let me get this straight...

cash dividend from chinese subsidary...

manipulation lawsuit proceeding well...

this news hits this morning (https://finance.yahoo.com/marketupdate/inplay#svm)...

silver up big...

dow up big...

good news outta china...

and svm is currently up 2 cents on low volume?

Tue, Jan 17, 2012 - 1:37pm brad_pitts_betterlooking_brother
Shrubcrawler
-
ON
Canada

.... it's up a wopping 10

.... it's up a wopping 10 cents now!!

Does JPM invest in SVM? Would that then be womanipulation?

Tomorrow miners will be down due to the discovery of rust and zebra mussels on the underside of the Edmund Fitzgerald.

Sat, Jan 21, 2012 - 10:01am
ClinkinKY

Dipping my toe in the water

As someone who has been a mere "stacker" vs a trader, and relatively newly awakened to the whole reason for doing so, I've decided to "get my feet wet" by buying some silver mining stocks. I'm four years from retirement and want to gamble approx. $2,500 on same. ( I play the horses so I know there's no such thing as a "sure bet":) My initial "feeling" is to buy 100 shares each of First Majestic and Endeavour. These would be held until I retire, or later, or until they "go through the roof":) Any input, advice or other comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

"The more you complain, the longer God lets you live".
Sat, Jan 21, 2012 - 9:48pm ClinkinKY
csquared13

ClinkinKY wrote: As someone

ClinkinKY wrote:

As someone who has been a mere "stacker" vs a trader, and relatively newly awakened to the whole reason for doing so, I've decided to "get my feet wet" by buying some silver mining stocks. I'm four years from retirement and want to gamble approx. $2,500 on same. ( I play the horses so I know there's no such thing as a "sure bet":) My initial "feeling" is to buy 100 shares each of First Majestic and Endeavour. These would be held until I retire, or later, or until they "go through the roof":) Any input, advice or other comments would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

i don't hold endeavor, but do like them a lot. pretty sure plenty of others here on this forum hold exk. look for a thread on endeavor, there should be one dedicated to it. cant say much on first majestic as i have yet to do any research on them.

“Everybody gets what they want out of the market.” -Ed Seykota
Mon, Jan 23, 2012 - 8:23am csquared13
ClinkinKY

Thanks csquared13

Appreciate your input.

Thu, Jan 26, 2012 - 9:43am
PrintingPress

My portfolio turns greener

My portfolio turns greener with every quiver of the bernanks lip.

POP! Goes the metals!

Sat, Jan 28, 2012 - 9:30am
ClinkinKY

OK, I didn't trust my gut and it cost me (on AG and EXK)

Last week I posted that I was thinking of "getting my feet wet" by purchasing some silver miners ( I've been strictly a "stacker" to this point). The "loss" was a mere $400 (yeah, I'm small time) but a 16% gain in one week is something to think about in my book:)

I held off because I've been waiting to receive my tax "liabilities" from cashing in a pension plan from a previous employer (which was used to "stack" more silver at $28.50, so I did do something right:) to see what I'm going to owe to Uncle Sam. Did I miss the boat? Or is it simply "leaving the dock" and there's still time to take a "running leap " onto the "cruise"?

As I said in my previous post, I enjoy "playing the ponies", so please don't hold back in your opinions, as the decision is entirely mine and I would never blame anyone else for advice given, whether I take it or not.

I've learned much here in the last year and I'd like to learn a whole lot more.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

ps--I realize that there are separate threads for Endeavour and First Majestic, but since I mistakenly placed my first post in this thread (told you I was a novice:) I'd appreciate any responses here.

Sat, Jan 28, 2012 - 4:37pm ClinkinKY
csquared13

ClinkinKY wrote: Last week I

ClinkinKY wrote:

Last week I posted that I was thinking of "getting my feet wet" by purchasing some silver miners ( I've been strictly a "stacker" to this point). The "loss" was a mere $400 (yeah, I'm small time) but a 16% gain in one week is something to think about in my book:)

I held off because I've been waiting to receive my tax "liabilities" from cashing in a pension plan from a previous employer (which was used to "stack" more silver at $28.50, so I did do something right:) to see what I'm going to owe to Uncle Sam. Did I miss the boat? Or is it simply "leaving the dock" and there's still time to take a "running leap " onto the "cruise"?

As I said in my previous post, I enjoy "playing the ponies", so please don't hold back in your opinions, as the decision is entirely mine and I would never blame anyone else for advice given, whether I take it or not.

I've learned much here in the last year and I'd like to learn a whole lot more.

Thanks in advance for any and all input.

ps--I realize that there are separate threads for Endeavour and First Majestic, but since I mistakenly placed my first post in this thread (told you I was a novice:) I'd appreciate any responses here.

ultimately, you must do what you feel is right. if you're just "getting your feet wet," then why the need to chase a big run up?

me personally, i wouldn't chase this run. pull up silver spot on a netdania chart and look at october. you'll see we had a run up to $35 before the beatdown to end 2011.

instead of trying to time a big move and throwing money at it, consider layering in slowly at a certain price point. silver aint gonna skyrocket to $80 next week. if it does then i am a horses ass and not only did you fail to "get your feet wet," but you DIDN'T EVEN DIP YOUR BIG TOE IN!!! Lol.

“Everybody gets what they want out of the market.” -Ed Seykota
Sun, Jan 29, 2012 - 11:48am csquared13
ClinkinKY

Thanks again csquared13

Appreciate your insights! So essentially, take the same tact with the miners as with buying physical...cost averaging, right?

Mon, Jan 30, 2012 - 11:05am
trader123

is it too late to get into

is it too late to get into SVM now? appreciate the input.

Mon, Jan 30, 2012 - 7:53pm
SteveW
-
BC
Canada

is it too late to get into

I have a $10 target for SVM for this year. Then it looks like June 8 puts can be sold for about $1, so if exercised your buying price is $7 and if not you've made a profit with minimal cost. Don't sell puts on stock you don't wish to own.

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” ― Albert Camus
Sat, Feb 4, 2012 - 10:48am
captaj
-
IA

It is Saturday morning and I

It is Saturday morning and I was looking over the charts.... Noticed that last year svm has been very jumpy, after the December beat down, it hasn't had big jumps with big pull backs. Just a few steady jumps. Does that mean spec money is out? Price Target is $11.50 this year.

Wed, Feb 8, 2012 - 9:48am
brad_pitts_betterlooking_brother
-
NY

earnings after the bell today

hope that and guidance are double positive to prevent the post earnings self-off ritual.

cautiously optimistic.

Thu, Feb 9, 2012 - 12:28pm brad_pitts_betterlooking_brother
Bsong
-
Atlanta, GA

Todays News

In spite of all of the positive news today is the fact that they missed dramatically on the gold revenues justify the drop in price. To me it seems that the market knee jerk reacted, sell off, when in fact the reality as a whole is positive. Any calculators out there? I'll try to sort out the numbers tonight.

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 - 1:19am
ID
-
TX

I hold a large position in

I hold a large position in SVM and will be looking to further add to it. I do expect a further decline in SP and look forward to it actually. SVM is my only dividend paying stock and I intend to hold it for the duration of the whole bull market in PM's.

Last 4 quarters of net income were: 29.7m, 34.2m, 25.9m, & this Quarter: 20.0m. So this is their WORST quarter out of the last four. This quarter's net income is 9 million LOWER ( which is about 1/3 lower) than the net income average of the last 3 Qs.

Using simple math (uh-oh) - 2/3's of ~8.40 gives a SP of $5.60. Not sure if we'll hit that but I plan on buying more below $6.50-$6.75.

My 2 cents.

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 - 4:18am
T

Casey says

Casey described all that about net income, etc , in a current update, and they say its not worrisome, they still strongly favor SVM and see the lower price as a buying opportunity.

Sat, Feb 11, 2012 - 5:56pm ID
captaj
-
IA

fuzzy math

I don't think the math is that easy. I would add at least a few more variables, say total shares(there were buy backs), the average price of the stock around those days, versus the averaged price of silver, gold, zinc and lead with how much of those metals they extracted. And adjust for those rumor based selloffs and naked shorts. F, o don't have the time, 5.78 sounds good. I'm buying again if it is less than 6.50, and averaging my way down.

Sun, Feb 12, 2012 - 8:40am
trader123

Beautiful head and shoulders

Beautiful head and shoulders pattern setting up since the beginning of the year. Already suspected it last week, but the past two days where we witnessed a rough 10% fall in share prices confirmed the pattern. This would mean we revisit the 6-6,50 area. Anyone else seeing this?

Sun, Feb 12, 2012 - 6:10pm
T

looking at SVM chart

you can see a head and shoulders on the daily, but you can also see a 'reverse' head and shoulders as well.... Take a look at the Weekly chart....I think it gives a more clear view of SVM. I like the MA at 6.75 area for support , but wouldnt be shocked to see one more plunge back to test the 6 area. .... and then, also see the MA at 9.50 area as a sell zone. The weekly chart sure looks like a giant cup developing..... with bottom at 6 and top at 16...would forecast SVM hitting 26 some day. Looking at the developing cup again from a different measurement point....lets say the 'top zone' is 12....where the 50 MA kind of curves around....I also like to see this as a way of 'erasing' the top zone at 16...because the angle of ascent is unsustainable.... its a sense of what a steady uptrend ought to look like. So a cup with a bottom at 6 and a top at 12 ,would yield the next target at 18. It might take all year for SVM to curve back up to complete the cup formation.

Buying around 6 and selling at 12 for a double is a nice trade.

Mon, Feb 13, 2012 - 9:51pm
ID
-
TX

Does anybody know how to view

Does anybody know how to view shares outstanding for short sellers? The one resource we all used no longer works..