Silvercorp Metals, Inc. (SVM) - Aggressive Growth Profile

1144 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 10:53am
RayJ

HedgeFund (Short Seller) commissioned report for SVM back in May

https://j.mp/SVM-shortseller-hedgefund-commissioned-report

Here's the shorted link to the commissioned report back in May by an unnamed HedgeFund.

Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 10:54am Sterling
Green Lantern

RayJ and Printing Press,

RayJ and Printing Press, interesting! I guess I should welcome you to the site? You both just joined this morning?

Whoever did it and wherever they are if the authorities choose to they can track them down. I am not familiar with international law but I do hope that all countries would cooperate with an investigation.

With Silvercorps statement and blanket denial of the allegations, we can only sit and watch what happens as this drama plays out. It will be interesting to hear what David Morgan's broadcast yields and any further discussions from Casey and the other newsletter writers who endorsed Silvercorp. I'm interested to see if they will still recommend SVM as a buy now with the pending investigation.

Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 10:57am FalseParadigm
Sterling
-
ISIS

Excellent deal you got! 

Excellent deal you got!

Can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?
Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 11:03am
FalseParadigm

Another question about Alfred Little

Maybe someone more tech savvy can answer this. I noticed that the email that they're using is

Companies generally use POP email from their domain, correct? We should expect Alfred[at]AlfredLittle[dot]com. Instead it's Alfred[at]neomailbox[dot]net.

Could this be a proxy so that whoever Alfredlittle is, can remotely access this email address making it harder to track down his/her/their exact location via IP addresses?

Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 11:05am
tread_w_care
-
The Sweet Sunny South

Looks like the battle has been joined . . .

For the heart and soul of SVM. Good guys coming in swinging hard.

For all I know (WTFDIK?) I got played as a weak hand. I'd expect no less from the EE.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Fr%C3%A9d%C3%A9ric_Bastiat
Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 11:06am PrintingPress
Kegfreak
-
Draper, UT

@ Printing Press; Yo Colombo!

Good job on the investigation. Next you have to act like your leaving, turn, and say "Just one more question"! Nice job though for real, I'm thinking of calling that number. I work for another Swedish company and have some conversational ability but probably not enough.

Additionally, the response letter to Severin points to someone in Europe. He talks like it is getting late there and the site has been down since "the afternoon." Also, hes not in China because he has a conference call there. This guy stinks.

Alfred has been retired for a year but the web site was created April 11th. This all makes no sense.

In my infinite wisdom, I sold this morning for a 20% loss. Still have a small position but I think I'm going to trade AGQ for a bit to make some money back. Thanks everyone who has posted on this in the last 36 hours.

Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 11:09am Green Lantern
RayJ

I have been following Turd

I have been following Turd for many months going back to this blog before he converted over to tfmetalsreport.com, and I just recently started to read the forums after SVM was hit with the wave of short selling. I Just like to do my due diligence on my holdings and this is an unfortunate issue, and the options expiration, and the pending "QE3" which may or may not come. Hopefully things will turn out well, but I won't hold my breath.

I just decided to register today so I could post, I normally just read Turd's posts and some of the comments.

Green Lantern wrote:

RayJ and Printing Press, interesting! I guess I should welcome you to the site? You both just joined this morning?

Whoever did it and wherever they are if the authorities choose to they can track them down. I am not familiar with international law but I do hope that all countries would cooperate with an investigation.

With Silvercorps statement and blanket denial of the allegations, we can only sit and watch what happens as this drama plays out. It will be interesting to hear what David Morgan's broadcast yields and any further discussions from Casey and the other newsletter writers who endorsed Silvercorp. I'm interested to see if they will still recommend SVM as a buy now with the pending investigation.

Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 11:09am tread_w_care
FalseParadigm

tread_w_care wrote: For the

tread_w_care wrote:

For the heart and soul of SVM. Good guys coming in swinging hard.

For all I know (WTFDIK?) I got played as a weak hand. I'd expect no less from the EE.

At this point if the allegations of AlbertLittle.com, Mr. Anonymous, and Muddy Waters (perhaps they're all one in the same?) are true, that means that not only did SVM engage in fraud for 5+ years, but now are DELIBERATELY deceiving investors by falsifying SCANNED AND CERTIFIED images...That would be as big as Enron if you ask me. Even worse, they'd probably be inviting criminal prosecution from the Chinese government, as they scanned certified Chinese tax receipts and would have had to photoshop those to match with their numbers.

I'm not holding as many shares as I was prior to this blatant attack, but with 2000 shares, I'm prepared to hold until we reach much higher levels. IF SVM dips under $6, I'll likely increase my position.
Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 11:13am
Jasper Puddlemaker
-
OR

Added a bit...

Had to pick up a small position today (not that anyone particularly cares <g>) because it hit a price target I had established. Thought about it a lot last night, and for me it still comes down to this:

A "who-the-hell-is-that?" group supposedly has pulled off a coup by figuring out something that countless mining analysts were oblivious to? Doesn't seem likely to me. The junior mining industry (companies and analysts) is a small, fairly close-knit group. The industry generally knows who the good guys and the bad guys are. Yes, SVM theoretically could be in the Bre-X or Southwestern camp, but after this many years it does not seem likely that the sector would have missed it. I do know of one brokerage that has not been a fan of SVM, but as I recall (haven't discussed it with them for a few years), it was due to them not liking to do business in China along with an issue with the deposit (too long ago to remember, but a lot has changed with SVM since them).

Maybe worth mentioning also, the tone of Morgan's email suggests to me that the upcoming SVM discussion (with Puplava, Morgan, Silvercorp, and ?) will likely be pro-SVM. I obviously don't know if that will be the case, but the email wasn't a "get out now" communication at all.

Anyway, just voicing some thoughts as we wait.

Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 11:15am
Thisisrich

Casey continues to buy....

From Casey as of 9-13-2011

"What to do? We still view this as an opportunity, with the caveat that the onslaught of short selling may not be over. And if a third report came out, it would hit the stock even harder. Or, the accusers could be caught or proven wrong and the stock could soar. Either way, panicking is not the right course. We're not changing our recommendation. If you have your full allotment of the stock, hold. If you have room to add shares to your portfolio, we’d still view this as an opportunity. In the interests of full disclosure, some members of Casey Research were filled on bids today."

This is the final paragraph of a much longer point by point refutation. They are putting their money where their mouth is.

Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 11:24am
dakota15
-
Edmonton, AB
Canada

From Canadian Insider.

From Canadian Insider. Silvercorp has been busy with the buying and cancelation of shares.

https://www.canadianinsider.com/coReport/allTransactions.php?ticker=SVM

Not sure how this company could be viewed as a fraud.

Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 11:28am FalseParadigm
Sterling
-
ISIS

Check out their website

Check out their website neomailbox.com

Secure Email, Anonymous Surfing, Internet Privacy, IP Hiding, Spam Protection, Wireless Security.

Can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?
Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 11:46am
rowdyboy
-
TX

The original Anonymous Accuser has revealed himself today

https://chinastockwatch.com

...this domain was just created 8 days ago. Still anonymous, but now he has a web site.

The anonymous accuser didn't disclose which hedge fund commissioned his "report".

Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 12:04pm rowdyboy
FalseParadigm

rowdyboy

rowdyboy wrote:

https://chinastockwatch.com

...this domain was just created 8 days ago. Still anonymous, but now he has a web site.

The anonymous accuser didn't disclose which hedge fund commissioned his "report".

Nice, you launched a website.

I still like SVM's CEO welcoming Mr. Anonymous, asking him/her/they to emerge from the shadows and actively participate with the Canadian and US authorities. The fact that SVM is being so transparent amid Enron type allegations shows who's legit here. I mean let's review who's now involved: The US and Canadian SEC, the Canadian police, the FBI...if SVM was actually guilty of fraud, they'd be as vague as possible and wouldn't be posting all of these sensitive financial documents.

Unless Mr. Anonymous identifies himself and begins working with investigators, I'm long the stock. Sold yesterday to shield myself in the event that massive panic drove the stock down further. I sold at 6.67 and bought back at 6.11.
Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 12:10pm
tread_w_care
-
The Sweet Sunny South

Well I got snookered . . . again.

It's enough to piss ya off.

Picked up a small position @ 6.38 to try to cover some of the losses. Trailing Stop Loss @ $.25, just stopped out for a very small (moral support only I guess) profit.

My larger position would still be well underwater at this point, so, I got that going for me, I guess

I understand why people abandon this "market" - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it." - Frederic Bastiat http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Fr%C3%A9d%C3%A9ric_Bastiat
Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 12:13pm tread_w_care
FalseParadigm

tread_w_care wrote: It's

tread_w_care wrote:

It's enough to piss ya off.

Picked up a small position @ 6.38 to try to cover some of the losses. Trailing Stop Loss @ $.25, just stopped out for a very small (moral support only I guess) profit.

My larger position would still be well underwater at this point, so, I got that going for me, I guess

I understand why people abandon this "market" - You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Isn't it ironic how the US is actively fighting the "war on terror" yet the real terror in this world continues to operate with impunity which is of course FINANCIAL TERROR.

Nothing is ever done about the central banks or blatant market manipulators like Mr. Anonymous, JPM, the CME group, etc.
Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 12:16pm
hpx
-
Sweden

Hey, look, I'm famous!

Hey, look, I'm famous! Actually, I'm the proud owner of

https://savecapitalism.wordpress.com/

and the very nice investigation into who I am quadrupled my hits yesterday. I assure you I don't have any connection with the whole AlfredLittle-outfit, if you read the first posts I made about SVM, I actually bought more after the "anonymous" letter. Sadly I decided to run for the hills yesterday.

Looks like we may indeed have "epic short-covering" today, and I probably did a very bad move selling my SVM.

// Hans

Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 12:20pm
-
XX

This is just crazy. Some one

This is just crazy. Some one has a lot of guts to do such a hit job on a billion dollar company, if that's what it is.

If this is a hit job, I'm pretty convinced these guys know they will be facing all kinds of charges if they get caught, and they will likely have gone to great lengths to hide their tracks.

I'm still wary of getting back into the water. Sold my $8.02 position (shares and calls) at quite a loss yesterday after I read that report. Heck, if Silvercorp is doing just fine, then somebody with calls bought yesterday will make a BUNDLE of money once the smoke clears.

IF everything is above board.

But if it is a hit job that son-of-a-bitch must pay.

Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 12:22pm
rowdyboy
-
TX

HPX

Good to read your comment Hans. I visited your web site today after I read the post here with your link. I saw your link to Turd from your site. I knew you couldn't be all bad if you're a Turdite. I hope you will continue to post here.

Wed, Sep 14, 2011 - 12:26pm tread_w_care
limeychiney
-
Portland, OR

Re: snookered

"You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy"

You gotta be Han Solo cool to not get fried by Greedo. I'm watching the back and forth after bailing out at $6.21 yesterday. Cringing at the launch up to 7-1/2 today (now heading back down to near 7) like Luke Jedi-jumping out of the Carbonite Pit. Impressive, most impressive. Fast forward to when Darth then cuts off Luke's hand sending it tumbling down Cloud City's shaft. Good luck to you all sticking with SVM. I'm off to lick my stump.

randomness