Revett Minerals - currently WAY undervalued!

144 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, Dec 12, 2012 - 3:03pm
rock collector
-
VA

Bought back in yesterday

Revett Minerals Troy Mine Year to date production through November 30 is 1,115,000 ounces of silver and 7,550,000 pounds of copper; guides December production

7:32 AM ET, 12/03/2012 - Briefing.com Co provides an update on silver and copper production through the end of Nov 2012 from its Troy Mine located in northwest Montana. "Year to date production through November 30 is 1,115,000 ounces of silver and 7,550,000 pounds of copper. Operating conditions have been hampered by difficult ground conditions in the A and C Beds, along with an electrical outage in late November which has further affected mine throughput. We anticipate production during December 2012 to be at a rate of ~3,500tpd. As a result we now expect to produce 1.2 to 1.25 million ounces of silver and 8.0 to 8.5 million pounds of copper in 2012. 2013 production guidance is expected to be issued in late December, 2012." ______________

FWIW I bought a few RVM shares at $3.11 on Dec 11.

Bill Matlack (Kitco) bumped Revett on Dec 10 to his highest rating to 1.0, up from 1.3. This reasserts Revett's place among these profitable silver juniors: Aurcana, SilverCrest, Scorpio, Mandalay Resources etc.
Disclaimer, I own shares in all of the above.
Mon, Dec 17, 2012 - 6:14pm rock collector
Gwyde

Production suspended at Troy

Revett Announces Temporary Suspension of Underground Operations at Troy Mine

SPOKANE VALLEY, WASHINGTON--(Marketwire - Dec 17, 2012) - Revett Minerals Inc. (RVM.TO) (NYSE MKT:RVM) (NYSE Amex:RVM) announces that due to concerns with underground geotechnical conditions, it has temporarily suspended underground mining operations at its Troy Mine located in northwest Montana. While it is believed that conditions have stabilized, a decision has been made in consultation with our geotechnical consultants and MSHA to install geophone monitoring devices and to begin recording and analyzing data in the coming days. The company will review ground conditions on a daily basis and will resume underground operations as soon as possible. At this stage, we believe it may take up to two weeks to assess, monitor and return to full operations.
RVM is down about 10% today.
Gwyde
Fri, Dec 28, 2012 - 12:35pm Gwyde
csquared13

Gwyde wrote: Revett

Gwyde wrote:
Revett Announces Temporary Suspension of Underground Operations at Troy Mine
SPOKANE VALLEY, WASHINGTON--(Marketwire - Dec 17, 2012) - Revett Minerals Inc. (RVM.TO) (NYSE MKT:RVM) (NYSE Amex:RVM) announces that due to concerns with underground geotechnical conditions, it has temporarily suspended underground mining operations at its Troy Mine located in northwest Montana. While it is believed that conditions have stabilized, a decision has been made in consultation with our geotechnical consultants and MSHA to install geophone monitoring devices and to begin recording and analyzing data in the coming days. The company will review ground conditions on a daily basis and will resume underground operations as soon as possible. At this stage, we believe it may take up to two weeks to assess, monitor and return to full operations.
RVM is down about 10% today.

anyone been buying since this? seems like a good opportunity if this closure was indeed just a precaution. unless of course it isn't a precaution and Troy remains closed for a while...would that be doom for RVM? they need Troy up and running if they want to continue to develop Rock Creek?

“Everybody gets what they want out of the market.” -Ed Seykota
Thu, Oct 31, 2013 - 7:38am
DavidSilverSwe
-
Stockholm
Sweden

rvm

Hi

I own RVM, and the decline has been impressive, to say the least.

Anyone followed the news updates etc on the company? I have been remiss in that regard to say the least.

At this point my holding is very small, but thinking about averaging down. Anyone in the same camp/thought process?

Mon, Nov 4, 2013 - 3:59pm DavidSilverSwe
Gwyde

RE: Rvm

DavidSilverSwe wrote:

Hi

I own RVM, and the decline has been impressive, to say the least.

Anyone followed the news updates etc on the company? I have been remiss in that regard to say the least.

At this point my holding is very small, but thinking about averaging down. Anyone in the same camp/thought process?

With a bit of luck, I sold at today's opening high. The difference between selling at a 85% or a 86% loss ...

A lot is explained in an article on Seeking Alpha: https://seekingalpha.com/article/1749302-no-respite-for-revett-minerals?...

It's going to take time to build a new entrance to the Troy mine. Probably new capital will need to be raised, which will inevitably lead to massive dilution. If you plan to hold on to your position, it's perhaps better to subscribe to new shares, rather than to $cost average now. Who knows how deep we'll plunge before a turnaround?

If I'm not mistaken, Silver Wheaton still owns 12% of Revett. Possibly they're waiting out to acquire the Rock Creek project on the cheap, while allowing RVM to stay afloat and get Troy restarted again.

Gwyde
Thu, Feb 13, 2014 - 8:19am
DavidSilverSwe
-
Stockholm
Sweden

thanks for replying w info

will look into that post.