Revett Minerals - currently WAY undervalued!

144 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, Nov 16, 2011 - 3:49pm
Super_Douche
-
2920 S Jebel Way, CO

BAM!!!

When I saw that it was up a $1.20, I jumped out of my chair so hard I almost broke my laptop. I made some kind of war cry or girly squeal in my excitement, it's hard to recall which one. RVM is Super_Douche's largest holding. Which makes it a very good day for me.

"There is no inflation and unless we get some soon we will all be in trouble." -Paul Krugman
Wed, Nov 16, 2011 - 4:01pm
Guardian

Hey Mr G

Are you still out there?!

Congratulations to the longs! There's no reason this stock should not grow by at least 300%. I will be keeping, and not selling.

Valuations put RVM at approx. $ .30 per OZ equivalent in the ground. Let's get 'er to a buck!!!

Wed, Nov 16, 2011 - 5:55pm
Gwyde

Quite a relief

Quite a relief to be in RVM on a day when the majority of miners sell off with precious metals sliding along with stock markets...

Rock Creek, sure stands like ... a rock.

Gwyde
Wed, Nov 16, 2011 - 6:32pm
Joye
-
Stockholm
Sweden

Interview

Interview with John G. Shanahan, president and CEO a day or so ago.

John G. Shanahan, President & CEO, Revett Minerals Inc. zu Rock Creek
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Krishnamurti
Wed, Nov 16, 2011 - 6:56pm Gwyde
mouser
-
BC
Canada

Huge news apparently

I really believed RVM was getting NADA for valuation for Rock Creek, and in fact were undervalued just on TROY alone. This may wake the market up to their upside and in ground value.

I believe still a long ways to run.

Thu, Nov 17, 2011 - 8:46am
Joye
-
Stockholm
Sweden

More stuff

Raising their target still very conservative though.

Nov 17 (Reuters) - : * Stonecap raises Revett Minerals Inc target price to C$8.60 from C$7 For a summary of rating and price target changes on U.S. companies

https://www.cnbc.com/id/45336187

It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Krishnamurti
Sun, Nov 20, 2011 - 4:13am
T

The other side of the coin

for what its worth, chart wise, If the market comes plunging down in 2012....Revett's chart is staring at a big fall down to the 2.50 - 2.30 area. Is it immune to such a move??

Sun, Nov 20, 2011 - 11:39am
Joye
-
Stockholm
Sweden

Nope

No don´t think it is and if the commodities market plunges in 2012 then I think revett is going down with it like most of the resource stocks.

On the other hand they have spare cash, they are making good money and part of their coppar pruduction is hedged so I think they will survive without much trubble if the shit hits the fan.

I have a horizon of about 3 years so if it tanks then ill just keep buying cheeper because long term this is a really good deal with rock creek as the diamond in the rough... =)

Take it easy and enjoy your sunday evening.

Mon, Nov 21, 2011 - 2:41am
mouser
-
BC
Canada

anything can happen in a market meltdown

HOWEVER if you are bullish at all on silver, given the fundamentals right now for the metal, RVM is likely one of the top picks in the silver space. Using any metric you choose, P/E, Insitu metal in ground, cash - debt, growth prospects etc, Revett's valuation is perhaps the best in the junior space. Their silver hedge is done in JAN and they have hedged a significant % of their copper production at 4$ , so the downside as far as earnings go is minimal.

We have seen the baby get thrown out with the bathwater in the past, ( the credit crunch of 08) and this created a once in a lifetime buying opportunity. With the latest MF Gobal meltdown , the effect on the commodities markets is yet to be fully realized. The CME stealthily raised margins again last week on the precious metals, and there is definite systemic problems at the Comex.

Speculating on how far these stocks will fall in allout market mayhem selloff is kind of a fool's game, as there is no guarantee that silver and gold wont head for the moon, if there is any hint of default on the LME and CME (crimex).

However there is also no guarantee that the paper certs you hold for the stock are safe, given the way MF Global minions were able to raid investors accounts with no repercussions pending for the outright theft of that paper. Had they been holding physical silver, and not paper from the crimex , these poor investors would still be holding some value. I suspect we may see a rush into physical in a big way as this story goes on. How the miners and such will be affected is hard to predict....

Wed, Nov 30, 2011 - 3:59pm
Joye
-
Stockholm
Sweden

Production at Rock Creek 2018

https://www.revettminerals.com/sites/default/files/rvm-11302011-en.pdf

Looks like they need 2012 to finish up the legal business and they will hopefully have al that sorted at the end of 2012.

Then 2 years for phase 1 of the mine where they drill down and along the vein messuring and testing.

If that works out they can start with the actual mine and mill construction and that will take about 3 years. That part should go well because they will use the same kind of mining and the same kind of flotation mill as they use at troy. They also have experienced personnel at troy so they should get production up and running fast.

Anyways production is a far way off but the last legal hurdle will be at the end of next year but they have been 100% so far and have done everything correctly. They are also running troy very efficient and squeky clean.

If i remember correctly construction of the mine at Rock Creek will cost about 250 million. They have nice income from troy mine also silver wheaton is a large shareholder so I can´t see that finance will be a problem.

Risk is that the projekt will be delayed by more legal stuff, but there was a new law passed I think that will make companies able to begin construction even though they are in some types of litigation.

They also need to buy 2450 acres of land for grizzly mitigation, they have bought some already and I can´t see that this would be a big problem.

Well let´s hope for the best.

Take care

/Joye

Wed, Nov 30, 2011 - 9:43pm
mouser
-
BC
Canada

Yes revett starting to get value for Rock Creek

Still when you consider Troy Mine should have them valued at 175 million $ on its own merits, they are getting about a penny per oz of silver in the ground for Rock Creek.

Some estimates by select analysts have the Net Present Value of Rock Creek at 10$ a share, seems RVM at a big discount still.

If an explorer discovered 300 million ozs of silver with 2 billion lbs of copper in economic grades like these , they would have an immediate billion$ valuation before ever getting to feasability and environmental studies.

Ridiculous the discount for Rock Creek given by the market, because of the delays in getting the project started.

Thu, Dec 1, 2011 - 9:50pm
captaj
-
IA

big boys

I image the more they float around the $5 mark, the more the bigger firms will likely pick them up (some have a minimum price limit before they can dump money into the stock). I'm hoping to put some more in my back pocket before they push the price too high. Best of luck with the craziness of the market and the FED lending/printing money to all their buddies. I never thought QE3 would be pushing money into foreign countries. It is a tough call to start buying more or wait until after the 9th...

Mon, Dec 12, 2011 - 9:10am
DFrat

Credit Agreement with Societe Generale

Thu, May 10, 2012 - 2:18pm
rock collector
-
VA

Revett Reports Q1 2012 Earnings

Revett Reports Q1 2012 Earnings

8:16 am ET 05/10/2012- Marketwire

SPOKANE VALLEY, WASHINGTON -- (MARKET WIRE) -- 05/10/12 -- Revett Minerals Inc. (NYSE Amex:RVM) (TSX:RVM) is pleased to announce its consolidated operating and financial results for the first quarter ended March 31, 2012. The financial results are based on US GAAP unless otherwise indicated and all currencies are in United States dollars unless otherwise indicated.

For the three months ended March 31, 2012, the Company recorded net income of $3.7 million or $0.11 per share on revenues of $19.2 million.

Highlights for the quarter ended March 31, 2012 include:

-- Net cash from operations(1) for the quarter ended March 31, 2012, before capital expenditures was $7.5 million, a 135% increase over first quarter 2011 net cash from operations of $3.2 million.-- Cash and short term investments on hand increased to $28.7 million, a 181% increase compared to $10.2 million at March 31, 2011.-- Working capital increased to $31.4 million, a 154% increase compared to $12.4 million at March 31, 2012. Adjusted EBITDA(2) was $5.3 million for the first quarter of 2012, a 84% increase compared to $2.9 million at March 31, 2011.-- Silver production for the first quarter of 2012 totaled 324,375 ounces and copper production totaled 2,249,111 pounds. Cash costs net of by- products(3) were $9.23 per ounce of silver or, $0.47 per pound of copper.

Consolidated Financial Results

Total revenue for the first quarter of 2012 increased by 50% to $19.2 million compared to $12.8 million during the first quarter of 2011. Net income for the first quarter was $3.7 million or $0.11 per share, compared to a net loss of $2.8 million or $(0.12) per share for 2011. The increase in first quarter 2012 revenues and net income was due primarily to higher metal production as compared to first quarter 2011.

Cost of sales increased in the first quarter of 2012 by 35% compared to 2011. This increase was due to higher mill throughput, higher freight, treatment and refining charges, and increased labor and fuel costs.

At March 31, 2012, cash and short term investments were $28.7 million, compared to $10.2 million at March 31, 2011. The Company's working capital also increased to $31.4 million compared to $12.4 million at March 31, 2011.

Thu, May 10, 2012 - 2:53pm
Silverling

Looking at the press release,

Looking at the press release, things are looking bright for Revett Minerals.

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 - 12:56pm
Icarus

Horrible quarter

Anyone out there willing to put lipstick on this pig?

Revenue DOWN 28%!

Net Income NEGATIVE 2.2 million!

Silver grade DOWN 12%

Copper mined DOWN 50%

Breakeven silver cost NOW up to $29 an ounce. (Based on 50/50 split of the 2.2 million dollar loss between Ag and Cu)

AWFUL PERFORMANCE no matter how you slice it . The market knew, as the stock price before the release was down over 50% from the highs. I tried to find out why. Me? I'm clueless. I've lost my ass on this one. Does anyone have anything positive to say about holding this pig other than rock creek approval by the end of the year???? (yeah right)

Icarus

Revett Reports Q2 2012 Results

SPOKANE VALLEY, WA

-- August 9, 2012 -- Revett Minerals Inc. (NYSE MKT:RVM / TSX:RVM) announced its consolidated operating and financial results for the first half of 2012 and second quarter of 2012 . The financial results are based on US GAAP unless otherwise indicated and all currencies are in United States dollars unless otherwise indicated.

Highlights for the second quarter and first half of 2012 include:

Net income for the first half of 2012 was $1.5 million or $0.04 per share (basic) on revenues of $32.7 million. For the second quarter ended June 30, 2012 the Company recorded a net loss of $2.2 million or $0.07 per share (basic).

Net cash from operations(1) for the first half of 2012 was $11.0 million. Net cash from operations(1) for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012 was $3.5 million.

Cash and short term investments on hand increased to $30.0 million, a 19% year to date increase over cash on hand of $25.2 million as of January 1, 2012.

Adjusted EBITDA(2) for the first half of 2012 was $5.6 million. For the second quarter ended June 30, 2012 EBITDA(2) was $0.4 million.

Silver production for the first half of 2012 was 602,762 ounces, a 3% increase over the first six months of 2011. Second quarter silver production totaled 278,387 ounces averaging throughput grades of 1.02 oz/ton. Copper production for the first half of 2012 was 4,185,318 pounds, a 17% decrease compared to first six months of 2011. Copper production for the second quarter was 1,936,207 pounds averaging throughput grades of 0.37%.

Consolidated Financial Results

Total revenue for the first half of 2012 was $32.7 million compared to $31.5 million for the first half of 2011. Revenue for the second quarter ended June 30, 2012 was $13.5 million compared to $18.8 million in the second quarter of 2011. The decrease in revenues and production for the second quarter of 2012 was primarily due to lower metal prices and reduced access to the higher grade C Bed mining areas, because of extended spring rains and unseasonably high snow melt. The Company was able to mine in the A Bed and Lower Quartzite mining areas at lower daily outputs. Mining in the C Bed area resumed in late June and has now returned to planned levels.

The Company is pleased to reconfirm its adjusted production guidance levels for 2012 at 1.325 million ounces of silver and 10.0 million pounds of copper.

11115 East Montgomery, Suite G, Spokane Valley, WA 99206 509-921-2294 fax 509-891-8901

Cost of sales increased in the first half of 2012 compared to 2011. This increase was due to higher costs to final market (freight, treatment and refining charges) along with increased labor costs, fuel costs, and a non recurring charge for planned equipment conversions to B75 bio diesel to meet DPM (diesel particulate matter) emission standards during the first half of 2012. It is anticipated that cost of sales will remain at these levels for the remainder of 2012.

Our exploration and development costs also increased in the first half of 2012 compared to 2011 due to increased exploration work in and around the Troy Mine, along with higher costs associated with the Rock Creek Supplemental EIS. Similarly, higher general and administrative costs in the first half of 2012 were attributable to higher professional fees associated with technical related studies at Troy and Rock Creek.

The second quarter net loss of $2.2 million or $0.07 per share (basic) included a non cash charge of $2.0 million for the issuance of stock options to all employees of Revett Minerals and Troy Mine Inc.

At June 30, 2012 cash and short term investments were $30.0 million. Adjusted EBITDA

(2) for the first half of 2012 was $5.6 million.

Selected Financial Highlights:

Second Quarter

First Six Months

Net Cash from Operations

(1)

$3.5m

$7.4m

$11.0m

$10.8m

Revenue

$13.5m

$18.8m

$32.7m

$31.5m

Adjusted EBITDA

(2)

$0.4m

$7.9m

$5.6m

$10.7m

Net Income

$(2.2m)

$7.9m

$1.5m

$5.1m

EPS (basic)

$(0.07)

$0.23

$0.04

$0.11

EPS (fully diluted)

$(0.07)

$0.16

$0.03

$0.07

Cash & short term investments

$30.0m

$14.7m

$30.0m

$14.7m

more at : https://revettminerals.com/sites/default/files/news_releases/rvm-0809201...

Thu, Aug 9, 2012 - 7:45pm
LongGoldLongSilver

Not too bad

Most miners have worse reports now, both as a result of higher costs but especially with the declining silver prices in mind. I don't think it looks that terrible. I'm looking for a turnaround throughout the sector, and to me Revett looks cheap atm.

Have been looking at Revett for ages, but finally when I want to get in, I'm out of liquidity, lol. Without saying too much, RVM actually showed up among the ones with the highest rating out of all the silver miners in our database. Plus only a bit more than a handful of gold miners had better figures - and the total nr. of companies are in the hundreds. The newest numbers have been added though, and it has dragged RVM down to medium-rating, since their cash flow has temporarily gotten harmed.

Still, a lot of these juniors can start flying if we see silver performing soon again. The ones with huge reserves should ultimately get rewarded as well.

What's happening with the huge project they've been struggling a bit with in...was it Montana? If they were to get a go there down the road, this should turn into a billion dollar producer.

Fri, Aug 10, 2012 - 10:39am LongGoldLongSilver
Icarus

Thanks Long Gold Silver. 

Thanks Long Gold Silver. Potential yes, current status, questionable. The business model requires adding cash on a monthly basis for Rock Creek.

Depleting cash reserves is disconcerting when you know you will have to come up with millions to access the reserves at Rock Creek. They just might be shut out of the financing markets with this kind of performance, regardless of whether Rock Creek gets approved or not. The dilution will be severe if they have to issue lots of stock to start up Rock Creek. My guess is that at these price levels they would be VERY attractive as a takeover candidate should the Rock Creek approval be forthcoming.

Granted the price of silver has hurt them. The real issue to me however is the breakeven number. They now need $29 silver just to make a dime. That's scary and increases the risk of this stock to nose bleed levels. It looks like Global Hunter Securities agrees (although their price target is still somewhat positive).

Global Hunter Securities Downgrades Revett Minerals (RVM) to Accumulate Global Hunter Securities downgraded Revett Minerals (NYSE: RVM) from Buy to Accumulate with a price target of .48 (from .13).

For an analyst ratings summary and ratings history on Revett Minerals click here. For more ratings news on Revett Minerals click here.

Shares of Revett Minerals closed at $3.12 yesterday, with a 52 week range of $2.87-$5.90. Regards, Icarus
Tue, Dec 11, 2012 - 9:07am
Ernie Pantusso
-
Boston

What happened to Revett? 2012

What happened to Revett?

2012 had to be the break through year, with the rock creek decision. Based on the performance one can guess the court decision wasn't positive. Any chance for revett to get some day the go ahead? I read the november release but I didn't understand it

Mrgneiss (God bless) opened this thread with "I can't believe no one has started a Revett thread yet on here! Seriously, THEY have the BEST upside potential of any silver stock ; ) !"

Can we still agree about it?

(Mrgneiss the 100th ht on your thread opening post was from me!)

Tue, Dec 11, 2012 - 1:47pm Ernie Pantusso
Silver Spurs
-
TX

Sold Revett with a small

Sold Revett with a small profit, it hasn't done much since. By the way, haven't heard from Mrgneiss for awhile. (Disappeared, changed username ?) I always thought his insights were well worth reading.