Pailin's Trading Corner

42670 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 10:48am
MisesFan
-
Bloomington, IN

Group hug time....

This definitely makes me feel better.....

And for the ladies in the corner...

Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 10:48am pailin
Abraham Bernanke

Bravo Pailin on your comment!

Re:-

I'm mystified why anybody on TF trusts anybody but themselves.

You are soooo right there! This is an excellent thread Pailin and on the way to 1mil views (current almost 780k views), congratulations!

I have often chanted my EW posts here and they have come from a more proficient source than my own brain. I see many types of analysis here including your daily pivots and people need to read / digest / make their own decisions / then trade from all the info given by the posters and specifically their own TA or fundamentals. I do believe there is a lot of noise in here as is there is the market, but the intelligent reader should take it for what it's worth (or not). It is sometimes entertaining, sometimes informative but as most people in here know, we are all "just" above 21 years old and to slander another posters post/effort to inform others should not be allowed.

I applaud your reply

JKa I see this as a statement in support of your statement if I am not wrong!?

SWAGER on. Silver - Wine - Art - Gold - Energy - Real estate
Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 10:51am
redwood

I would say its in the nature

I would say its in the nature of those here that nobody follows gurus. You're a member of this club by exclusion.

Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 10:51am SSK
csquared13

SSK wrote: Terrible Tuesday

SSK wrote:

Terrible Tuesday isn't looking so terrible. So far.

HL is rebounding. Hey, they open that mine shaft back up and we're golden again.

LNG is continuing its gains. God I love trading this stock.

JAG-- How are folks playing this? Yesterday, we get more confirmation that the company is up for sale to the highest bidder. Multiple parties are going over their books. Shandong has an offer on the table (so says Forbes) for $9.70. Shorts got squeezed at the press release. I cannot imagine laying down the short here. That said, this could be a good opportunity to peel off a couple of thousand shares for a nice gain. Sell the news. Have an ask in at 7.27. Curious as to what other folks are doing.

By the way, how about the solars. En fuego yesterday. That was my big buy of the new year. I knew they were way oversold. All shares in my retirement and kids college funds. So far, so good.

And who's buying UNG besides Rico?

Never hurts to take a little bit of profit.

I will be holding on to my shares though. I've been holding since before the holidays, so may as well stay long and see if $9.70 plays out...I is being greedy? I dunno, I just feel like I was trying to do too much through the end of 2011 when I should have been buying and holding the miners that I feel are undervalued. (hence why I've been quiet here on PTC lately..not much to contribute since I don't consider myself a trader)

“Everybody gets what they want out of the market.” -Ed Seykota
Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 10:58am Abraham Bernanke
JoeKa

Abraham Bernanke wrote: JKa I

Abraham Bernanke wrote:

JKa I see this as a statement in support of your statement if I am not wrong!?

Hey Abe. Sorry I didn't see that as "support". But this isn't about supporting my statement.

I think I was quite plain in stating what I said. We never kick someone when they're down. Even if that person may have come across incorrectly in perception.

We should only treat others as we would want others to treat us.

This is basic civility and mutual respect. Above all humility. No one is ever right or wrong 100% of the time. I've said this so many times now.

Personally, I have without exception maintained this from Watchtower days til the start of TFMR and this Corner when none of you were around as posters/lurkers.

Perhaps its too much to ask for.

Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 11:06am JoeKa
pailin

JoeKa wrote:pailin wrote:I

JoeKa wrote:
pailin wrote:

I get the feeling from SW's posts that he's gotten burned over and over by one guru after another. So it's personal with him.

Ok. So that is a reason to hence kick someone else when they are down?

No. You're putting words in my mouth. I actually side-stepped that whole thing (I'm not the PO-lice or anything!) and cut to the meat of gurus. I think blind following of prophets and messiahs is worse and needed to be addressed. I'd also hope/expect that Dusty-Newman can handle being wrong and is cutting the loss or being right and sitting tight even while red for a bit.

You did a fine job of calling SW out (and I've no problem with that), saw no need to piggyback on.

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 11:10am
redwood

I think Main Street should

I think Main Street should get some lessons as to how to sort things out from this forum. Straight forward, to the point, no name calling, everyone holds their own. Wow, its new for me compared to other blogs. I really mean it.

Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 11:13am
Abraham Bernanke

I think it is that time..

SWAGER on. Silver - Wine - Art - Gold - Energy - Real estate
Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 11:15am
SilverWealth
-
Rectal Springs, CA

holy jesus

for what its worth I find the Newman Seinfeld clip hysterical and Elliot waving insufferably arrogant. Its my sense of humor and I thought the two went well together. It is my comment on Elliot Waves and their myriad interpretations, I should have been more clear.

regarding gurus and what I do and do not do, what is that all about? Of course I follow several technicians. I try to learn and respect the difficulty of this market and to embrace divergent perspectives and if this makes me less than some other guy so be it, I think I can handle it. I am not the sort that thinks he cannot learn from someone else.

Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 11:18am pailin
JoeKa

Ok I'll rest it too. Good

Ok I'll rest it too. Good trading to all. Our best days are ahead, not behind. Goodnight.
pailin wrote:
JoeKa wrote:
pailin wrote:

I get the feeling from SW's posts that he's gotten burned over and over by one guru after another. So it's personal with him.

Ok. So that is a reason to hence kick someone else when they are down?

No. You're putting words in my mouth. I actually side-stepped that whole thing (I'm not the PO-lice or anything!) and cut to the meat of gurus. I think blind following of prophets and messiahs is worse and needed to be addressed. I'd also hope/expect that Dusty-Newman can handle being wrong and is cutting the loss or being right and sitting tight even while red for a bit.

You did a fine job of calling SW out (and I've no problem with that), saw no need to piggyback on.

Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 11:19am
Perfidious Albion
-
Stockbridge
UK

I believe following guru's is

I believe following guru's is a basic tent of our institutionalised behaviour.

It starts in school with teacher is God. The fount of all knowledge and is reinforced from thereon by the typical pyramid structure found within our society.

I humbly suggest that through joining this forum and posting to this thread many are enabling themselves to go some way towards over throwing their conditioning and becoming free thinkers.

Free thinkers that maybe every now and then quiver, quaver and feel the need for support.

For me I try to look to the group for support rather than an individual though as in natural societies creedance is given to those who through age, skill, experience have a proven track record as opposed to those with the biggest keyboard .

Humble newbie listening and learning. A lemming doesn't last long these days..
Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 11:20am
redwood

SW

Pretty clear to me that's where you're coming from, but you know blogging is so one dimensional that many interpretations that are legit can apply....sigh.

Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 11:23am
Sycee
-
WA

Only reasonable guru argument

Only reasonable guru argument I've heard is that silver will probably trade over $30 this year and 60 within 2 years. Getting out near the end of parabolic blowoffs like the one that happened last year is the only skill you really need, calling a 30% correction every week because of some elliot wave will just land you in the poor house. I gave up trying to time the market with TA, now I'm back to working on my lifelong, crazy dream of getting paid to do whatever I want without having a boss.

Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 11:28am SilverWealth
pailin

SilverWealth wrote: regarding

SilverWealth wrote:

regarding gurus and what I do and do not do, what is that all about? Of course I follow several technicians. I try to learn and respect the difficulty of this market and to embrace divergent perspectives and if this makes me less than some other guy so be it, I think I can handle it. I am not the sort that thinks he cannot learn from someone else.

Not how your posts have come across to me. I first noticed when you flipped out over Stewart Thomson being wrong five or six months ago, then it was somebody else and again and again. Whatever. Post what you like, I'll leave it to atlee to tell people when they've gone nuts. But you've given me the impression of somebody that regularly seeks gurus, invests too much "belief" in them and then feels/is burned when they inevitably fail on a call. And then the cycle starts again with a new guru. That's my observation and I tend to post observations from time to time.

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 11:29am
JHNewman

A bit more strength...

...in gold than I was expecting. But I still think the downside will eventually prevail when stocks roll over (could be wrong). I've got my stops in if I'm wrong. I'm carrying a rather large DUST position (3X short GDX), have 2 levels of sell stops in place so that I'm "backed out" in 2 separate chunks, and will just wait to see what happens. If they trigger, they trigger. That's the way the game's played. Good trading to all. Gotta run.

Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 11:36am
redwood

jhnewman

I'm struck with your posts always ending with "gotta run". We're all busy so any thoughts?

Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 11:41am
Perfidious Albion
-
Stockbridge
UK

I believe following guru's is

Oops double post...

la la la move along..

Video unavailable
Humble newbie listening and learning. A lemming doesn't last long these days..
Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 11:58am
JHNewman

@Atlee

I saw your very gracious post and thank you very much. I apologize as well and, as I said before, was sorry we got off on the wrong foot. Anyway, if we could start over again, I'd appreciate it very much. No hard feelings from my end whatsoever, and I hope you feel the same way.

I haven't had time to read any other posts in here, and have been under the weather for the last 3 days, so I'm just heading back to bed.

Wishing everyone in here good trading, whatever your positioning. I'm currently short, but if long turns out to be the correct positioning, I will flip in a second. I'm never wedded to my positioning.

I'm very much a long-term bull on the PMs. But I position myself to play what I think is the current primary trend, always working with my best effort at probabilities, never with certainties. And I'm often wrong, which is why I always have my sell stops in. They tell me if I'm wrong, and I always listen to them. That's the only way I know how to play this game.

Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 11:58am
Swift Boat Vet
-
Pacific Northwest

Bookmarker

Just scenting Pailin's Corner so I can find my way back. Great thread. Thanks all

Swifty

Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 12:07pm
JHNewman

P.S. I also apologize...

...to this forum, for being part of this commotion, and hope we can return to trading.

Contribute

Donate Shop

Forum Discussion

by sierra skier, 7 hours 48 min ago
by atarangi, 12 hours 34 min ago
by NW VIEW, Sep 14, 2019 - 12:22pm
by Green Lantern, Sep 14, 2019 - 11:39am
by sierra skier, Sep 14, 2019 - 9:47am
randomness