Just a quick check in, been a few weeks since I've even logged on.
Flooding sucks. FEMA is a joke. Thank God it didnt get in the house, but it nuked my nonflood insured driveway and job. My boys mucked houses for neighbors while i attended to the aging fleet. My boss laid me off since people are not coming for routine dental...tough to care about a dental cleaning when your house is gutted. So many have been impacted by harvey.
As i type my wife is taking her last attempt home inspector test. Either she passes and we launch together in a week, or I launch Monday morning solo. Ill know in about 2 hours. The only thing I lack is my faa drone license, all else is equipped and ready to go less advertising and marketing.
Been watching trading from a distance. Still not back at it and may not get to it until spring. It's near where I exited less a good move and comeback.
Im wore out. Been a demanding year. But daylight shines anew and a new chapter of my life begins. I may have to moonlight in the dental world while I get my inspection legs under me, but the big hurdles have been cleared.
Tony you are right it went up, way down, up and is now on a down, or about where you left.
Sorry to hear that FEMA is of little help and that in addition the dental business has fallen off. Makes sense as you say but still tough.
Are people still buying and selling homes in the affected areas?
Hope your wife passed so you can go ahead as a team and keep the income all in the family.
We had been looking at property in Sint Maarten as we love it there and one day will want to winter somewhere warmer. That's off the table now, I wouldn't want to be an absentee owner or landlord in the face of this and won't be retiring for a while yet. Renting looks way more attractive.
Trading will be here whenever you want. I can tell you from experience you will need to think differently if you don't have the time to be always near the button (or don't want that stress). I would never go back to trying to make significant income from day or almost-day trading.
Good to hear from you.
She passed! It'll delay me a little but the comarketing is so worth it.
A few months back I was forced to acknowledge I couldn't accomplish all I needed to and daytrade...no way. Its been a decent break, but i still want to get back in. Not until I complete the transition tho.
RE activity died for about 2 weeks but is coming back. Both my inspector friends are busy.
I've worked since 1985...never had govt assist and have paid more taxes than I'd like to count. The one time i ask for help, no help for the working man from fema... but they offered a SBA loan that required a forensic financial application...literally they ask what/how many appliances are in your home...so invasive. As usual ill do it on my own. My next door neighbor who got a foot of water in the house was told the same thing...both spouses work in that home too. So frustrating to watch the tax/govt system pick winners and losers...
Property as an absentee landlord is tough in CONUS, multiples worse on an island in disaster country. But I will admit to a desire to vrbo or bnb a carribean condo Id like to own...many advantages, but hi risk.
Yeah, don't you love it when you finally reach out to take a helping hand with obvious justification and they want you to get your pants down for an inspection first!
Glad your wife passed and the two of you will be able to move forward.
Only 2 weeks of slow on the RE front. Surprises me but good news for your business.
Yes we were thinking carribean vrbo or bnb but honestly once you consider off season it's not a money-maker esp if you can't spend enough time local to get to know the trustworthy types.
Trading: Still short. For now.
Looking to silver taking a clear downturn in Comex hours instead of drifting up. Pattern break is due.
I'm not in a position to paste a picture but if you look right now you will see the pattern reversal I was looking for.
I meant the slam down during Comex hours from the overnight price. It didn't quite happen the way I was expecting - overnight went high. But it's got to be some kind of a trap. And I did know it was about to be sprung.
I was wondering what your post meant Happy, but I was able to figure it was something along those lines. Still waiting to load up at silver $16.00
Weasel Tracker wrote: I was wondering what your post meant Happy, but I was able to figure it was something along those lines. Still waiting to load up at silver $16.00
yeah I guess I thought it was clear but maybe only in my own head. I don't like to try and explain too much because it actually interferes with my judgement and gets me overthinking.
We're all looking for patterns, by looking at patterns, right?
I noticed price action generally boring when not on Comex hours, but every day Comex would sort of float up then down, with lower price outside of those hours.
I'm waiting for $16.50 or lower too. And it just is not going there with that pattern.
Then yesterday I realized that there would soon be a Comex smack down. The pattern was a setup. Of course I wanted it to be smashed from $16.60 to $16.30 or better, decisively through $16.50. What happened instead is that it floated UP overnight and then as soon as Comex opened, slam, 30 cents down. So, I'm right, but didn't see the full picture. Still, seeing the setup counts for something.
I wonder how many were lulled into thinking $16.60 was a bottom after 3 days, and seeing the rise overnight....getting steeper toward 8 am...decided to go long, only to be burned if they had a tight stop. Not sure who the target of the sting would be with that timing.
Note that had the smack down not taken place by tomorrow I would have lightened my short position.
Disappointed it hasn't moved lower coming out of that. Not from a chart or prediction perspective just from impatience haha. On the other hand it didn't drift back up in Comex hours. Still short.
Woot! Patience pays off. Might take a little profit, markets closed on Monday in Canada.
Edit. Bloody heck! Could have been out and back in if I was a little more willing to sell.
Increased short pos'n at Ag= $17.18.
Dang. Was looking for price to dive tomorrow :(
haha me too! I had an idea $17.40 was going to be top, but I didn't play again though. Still waiting to catch the bottom...
Had expected this break downward yesterday to be honest. However set my short sell price earlier this morning when the 9am up/down happened. Met at $16.81 so that’s one tranche sold. As long as we sit in these doldrums there is a fairly reliable chart pattern that I observe before a turn. The range lately is barely enough for a profitable trade though, prefer 60 cents of difference to drive my buy/sell, and overnight high/lows don’t count.
Oh what the heck, it’s a good day to exit shorts. Sold another tranche at 16.76.
Considering a bit of long, even.
come on $16 dollar silver! Still waiting, though losing opportunity. Excited to hear your trade is working out Happy!
Thanks Weasel. Silver will need to hit $16 or lower before it can make a really big upside move. So I'm left trying to squeeze something out of this range. Fwiw I didn't get the price to pick up on the long side and I may not. Most likely have to wait a day or two and rebuy the short. Ah well.
Done with short and got a little long today.
For the sake of posterity, switched sides at $16.73
Attempting to get a little more long with Ag under 17.70 but the target keeps moving, I missed the opening panic low prices of the 2X ETF :-( and won’t chase it up.