Pailin's Trading Corner

42628 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, Nov 9, 2016 - 6:35am
tonym9

JAL: Wow did you go lights

JAL: Wow did you go lights out last night! Those are trading days we dream about. CONGRATS. Oh, and a little celebrating is way ok after a trading run like that lol !!!

I was whooping it up with gold at 1338, then I watched it go to 130's.... JNUG up, but I can only guess what the gap up would have been with gold at 1338 at premarket open....letting this position run, looking for panic at market open

"No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda Levitation will levitate until levitation doesn't levitate. Rates be the key matey.
Wed, Nov 9, 2016 - 7:28am
pailin

JAL had a few things to say,

JAL had a few things to say, eh? :)

My only comment is why were you apologizing to me a page or two back?

Now let's see if they let him take the oath or if there's some bs 'Parliament has to vote' backdoor lawyer delayed reaction? And of course the ever present risk of a lone gunman...I've seen some of those YouTube videos, The Left -especially students- be more than a bit unhinged when they don't get their way, when the "obvious" conclusion isn't arrived at. I mean, "have you SEEN the debates?!!!!!!!!!"

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Wed, Nov 9, 2016 - 12:01pm
tonym9

well crap...took all the hits

well crap...took all the hits friday and monday, right on election, watched gold hit 1338 overnight, then watched JNUG hit mid 14s in premarket and fade back. I figured I'd wait for the open and fireworks. Got 3 patients back to back, couldn't check until now. %^&*!!!!!!!!!!! Gold has faded to low 1280s, USD/JPY on a tear...all appears to be biz as usual. WTH? Doesnt the world know the pain HRC is feeling right now? Why isn't gold up in sympathy for her? Why is the market not pitching a fit for HRC? WHY WHY WHY...

Ok, got that out of my system...looks like I will look to bail on JNUG for flat and call it done. What a crap sandwich. On an hour of sleep I'm at work pushing through the morning thinking when I check this gold will be back up at 1330 land and I can adjust my LSO up...yeah right.

Oh well...at least my country has a chance now.

I am so glad anybody but Hildabeast won...

JAL: Dude that was such an impressive run to read, just wow!

"No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda Levitation will levitate until levitation doesn't levitate. Rates be the key matey.
Wed, Nov 9, 2016 - 12:16pm
csquared13

Congrats JAL. Congrats to my

Congrats JAL. Congrats to my mom too...made her some moolah on the biotech longs from last week. :)

Oh Lord...P, if only you could see my FB wall this morning...sheer devastation. College students sharing phone numbers for suicide prevention hotlines. Great choice of words.."unhinged" lol!

“Everybody gets what they want out of the market.” -Ed Seykota
Wed, Nov 9, 2016 - 12:44pm
madcow

so many salty tears on my

so many salty tears on my feed last night and today.

I have no doubts i prolly lost some friends cause i voted Johnson and not that pos Clinton. But i live in a cry-baby liberal city so it was bound to happen.

So many haters today... is hilarious.

Wed, Nov 9, 2016 - 3:09pm madcow
pailin

madcow wrote: I have no

madcow wrote:

I have no doubts i prolly lost some friends cause i voted Johnson and not that pos Clinton.

Back when I would post more politically/lifestyle around here I would often draw the distinction that I was libertarian but not Libertarian. As in 'not' the Party. IMO they (the Party) went off the tracks a while ago and haven't put up good (real libertarian) candidates for a long time. Intentionally or controlled resistance stuff, I dunno? Maybe it's a matter of interpreting what a libertarian is, where I'm of a different mind than others, most others?

Re: Gary Johnson specifically, along with Bill Weld, found this to be very articulate at identifying why I couldn't vote for this pair, for the Party, yet again this time out.

https://ericpetersautos.com/2016/10/20/libertarian-gary-johnson-one/

I'm the sort of libertarian Eric Peters describes. Not the sort that Gary and Bill are. And on the subject of Law & Order, let's not forget that Bill Weld was the US Attoney in Mass when everybody law enforcement turned a blind eye on Whitey Bulger and boys, as the bodies kept stacking up for another ten years or so. So I hold him more than equally responsible there. This boy fed at the ol' public tit for a long time, why actually rather an entire career...I'd never of trusted him anyway on that score alone. Go get a real job in the private sector and make something of yourself Bill, instead of depending on a (bloated) paycheck staffed with $$ stolen (taxed) from the productivity of others :)

I voted Trump because he was more libertarian than the Libertarians. (Though he's all wrong on trade tariffs, any government healthcare, et al.) Usually I don't vote higher up than local though, the distinction among candidates usually isn't as clear as it was this time ;)

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Thu, Nov 10, 2016 - 12:44pm pailin
madcow

pailin wrote: I voted Trump

pailin wrote:

I voted Trump because he was more libertarian than the Libertarians. (Though he's all wrong on trade tariffs, any government healthcare, et al.)

Can you expand on that thought a bit more? Interested to see how you view him as more libertarian than the Libs.

Thu, Nov 10, 2016 - 1:19pm madcow
pailin

madcow wrote: pailin wrote: I

madcow wrote:
pailin wrote:

I voted Trump because he was more libertarian than the Libertarians. (Though he's all wrong on trade tariffs, any government healthcare, et al.)

Can you expand on that thought a bit more? Interested to see how you view him as more libertarian than the Libs.

Well I meant specifically in the context of "vs. Gary Johnson and Bill Weld" (which may not have been apparent). Whenever I use capitalized "L" it means The Party, not the principles, as I see the gulf between the two as quite wide already and possibly getting wider. So "the Libertarians" meant Their Candidates this time around.

As far as Trump goes, he's hardly libertarian! He's only "more" when compared to those that are "less." Only a solid no-bs platform of shrinking the size and spending of national government all the way down the zero (and thus all that entails) is libertarian. And we haven't seen that since Ron Paul, and even then..."imposing" a gold standard (among other so-called neo-libertarian goals) is still...an imposition, not freedom. I'm more supportive of RP when he says transactions should be allowed to occur in any form two parties agree to, let all currencies compete against one another to the mutual satisfaction of those actually transacting. Yadda yadda yadda ;)

Fri, Nov 11, 2016 - 4:23pm
Island Teal
-
Cayman Islands

Hello - Anybody still trading ??

AG calls for Jan20 are almost being given away.

Anybody else see this ??

Sat, Nov 12, 2016 - 8:53pm
Scarecrow
-
London, England ; )
United Kingdom

In response to The Ugly Women's Club...

Fuck Off!!!

(Some of us are genuinely oppressed...)

...looking forward to holidaying in Texas!

(Couldn't feel safer...)

--------

Trading wise...

Could be a little embarrassing but we'll see innit!

Mon, Nov 14, 2016 - 1:27am
csquared13

Feeling very cautious and

Feeling very cautious and actually maybe even outright bearish on gold. Looking at charts this evening and noticed that on this week's candle we traded volume > than the fateful week of 4/15/2013...scares me. Learned many a great lesson about trading that week.

GLTA

“Everybody gets what they want out of the market.” -Ed Seykota
Mon, Nov 14, 2016 - 8:35am
pailin

gold broke 1240

It's toast. Yes that's Armstrong (actually 1242 was his weekly close line in the sand) but it should also be anybody's with eyes that can see a chart. Sure you can try to scalp a few points here or there, but high risk for overnight holds imo. Maybe safer after Trump actually puts the crown on? Again, late January would be square in the seasonal bull that could run out to May anyway. But from what 'low'..? ;)

Mon, Nov 14, 2016 - 10:51am
Urban Roman
-
Jollyville

Copper

Does anyone know why the recent runup in copper?

I'd think it would follow silver and crash hard today...

Tue, Nov 15, 2016 - 4:14pm
Scarecrow
-
London, England ; )
United Kingdom

And it's all gone horribly wrong...

Predictably enough, lolz.

Apologies for the obnoxious comment above...

Seemed totally reasonable at the time.

(May have slightly overdone the celebrating bit, soz.)

Hope everyone's been having, sorry, had a great weekend!

(You should all be very proud of yourselves...)

Funny how it's pissed of all the right people.

HAPPY TREXIT!!!

Fri, Nov 18, 2016 - 8:44pm
pailin

Bo Polny

LOL.

Video unavailable
Sun, Nov 20, 2016 - 12:47am
Scarecrow
-
London, England ; )
United Kingdom

Unfinished thoughts... (Apologies in advance!)

Promised I'd right something longish once or twice but...

Well realistically it wouldn't survive the editing at the best of times so...

(Be prepared for a freshly regurgitated mess of characters in violent orange!)

Should say first I read some things that made me cross...

(and still can't stop celebrating the Trumpening!)

In defence of indifference...

Preface

Sorry, can't sleep... New meds innit (wine probs isn't helping but who knows?)

The underpinnings of the mercifully receding tide of identity over substance politics, and concurrent social engineering masquerading as civil rights advocacy, are essentially a series of oxymoronic demands...

Equality and special treatment...

Acknowledgement and blind acquiescence are required, while at the same time dishonestly pretending, inwardly and outwardly, that this is not happening...

I.e. double think.

It disturbs me greatly that any group should presume to see their interests advanced at the expense of more important issues, such as war and peace, that people aren't able to accept that Hillary wasn't elected because she was a woman was a good thing...

That people didn't vote for her on account of naked corruption, for which she should still be prosecuted, despite her being a woman is laudable...

If she were a man, she would never have won the nomination!

We have a post brexit toxic political atmosphere imagined into existence by a dethroned Guardian class of journalists on both sides of the Atlantic crying lies as though honesty hadn't been smothered in the cradle centuries ago.

To those who pay attention this may seem harmless enough, however to those who don't, this unending torrent of irresponsible wailing, in conjunction with opioid phantasms of the 1930's purveyed by the language police and those who equate words with violence and accept the latter as acceptable response...

This is as dangerous as it is destructive.

To all those followers, who reserve the right not to care, you shouldn't have to now, as you may have done before, please ignore the faint screaming of those who felt entitled to form your opinions. They'll be silent soon... For all their rabble rousing incitement to riot, they'll remember soon that they have more to lose than most from the disorder they now court.

The question remains though... if I see a bearded man in a dress, is it ok to notice?

(Or would that be wrongthink?)

Shit isn't it...? Knew I shouldn't have tried, anyway there it is as a monument to God knows what...

Anyhoo hopefully there's a fragment or a shadow of a glimpse of something there for someone or just some vague fulfillment of a masochistic impulse, or closeteted exhibitionism maybe...

I got lost somewhere in the middle but my point was meant to be...

It's really ok not to give a shit, anyone who tells you otherwise is a [redacted]

Happy Trails!!!

(Gonna shut up now... I hope.)

Mon, Nov 21, 2016 - 9:56am
SSK

Trader Dan - RIP???

Anyone know why Trader Dan just shut down his site?

He is the only sane trader who covers the precious.

Tue, Nov 22, 2016 - 6:50am SSK
HappyNow
-
Canada

Trader Dan

No idea SSK. Looks like the subscribers might know. I go to his site a couple of times a month for the free stuff and find his observations and perspective refreshing.

The only other site I know of with sane advice on pm is Armstrong but he's a different cat than Trader Dan. I am not paying at Armstrong either.

Dan's last public post is cryptic. A chart that suggests a major bullish move in gold is coming. It isn't a chart of his own but from a member. Because of the hate he gets from goldbugs it really is an interesting last post. Because it isn't his own chart I wonder if he's making some kind of joke or point.

Let us know if you find anything out.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Tue, Nov 22, 2016 - 6:53am SSK
HappyNow
-
Canada

Trader Dan

Dupe

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Tue, Nov 22, 2016 - 5:09pm
Ned Braden

Dan's new (Pay) site...

randomness