Pailin's Trading Corner

42422 posts / 0 new
Last post
Wed, Aug 27, 2014 - 12:19pm
Urban Roman
-
Jollyville

Sideways chop

Meh, I'm going to stop trying to ski, come back to the clubhouse and and sit by the fireplace with a cup of cocoa.

Thu, Aug 28, 2014 - 3:42pm (Reply to #39026)
csquared13

UR: sometimes that's the only

UR: sometimes that's the only move to make

“Everybody gets what they want out of the market.” -Ed Seykota
Mon, Sep 1, 2014 - 11:55am
hhesse

banker bet, banker win

my esteem for ian anderson just went up again!

... and performed in iceland

https://youtu.be/SnVJK3LxwMg

Mon, Sep 1, 2014 - 12:07pm
hhesse

thats not what kiev

Tue, Sep 2, 2014 - 6:56am
pailin

Okay silver...now I'm paying

Okay silver...now I'm paying attention :)

EDIT: for those so inclined...

10 oz. Sunshine Mint Silver Bar .999 Fine (Brand New, Sealed In Plastic)

Only $0.50 per oz over spot! In Stock, Ready to Ship!

In addition to supplying the majority of the blanks the US Mint uses in the creation of the ... read more

Unit Price: $200.46

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Tue, Sep 2, 2014 - 7:50am (Reply to #39030)
pailin

So you know...be careful with

So you know...be careful with Goldmart, at least for now, not live updating their prices! If this lil' bar was really .50 over it should be $197.50 or so. Hmm! Betcha they froze it for the long weekend knowing algos can go a bit off-script on holidays :)

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Tue, Sep 2, 2014 - 9:02am
Ojibwemowin
-
West Suburbs and NE MN, MN

silver price

When outlets advertise silver at "discount" over typical prices over spot, you can be sure the price is going lower soon.

I nibbled on a little physical about 4 months ago, but am now going to hold my major fire until prices drop to levels significantly lower from here....likely years from now

The new global economy seems to be challenging the traditional business cycle within the mature economies. Wage and asset deflation are dominant pressures with perpetually low interest rates which in turn will fuel significant financial sector and stock market gains. Stagflation for the 90% is here to stay. If you are in the top 10% with access to stock and financial assets within this era of central bank stimulus, you should do well.

My stock investor friend's model includes divestments in Europe and China and increasing investments in financials, the S&P, green energy and water resources, the next growth asset classes. He says we are still at least a year away, probably years away from the end of the current extended growth cycle.

Tue, Sep 2, 2014 - 9:42am (Reply to #39032)
pailin

Ojibwemowin wrote: When

Ojibwemowin wrote:

When outlets advertise silver at "discount" over typical prices over spot, you can be sure the price is going lower soon.

Spreads tighten every summer. At this point probably means nothing more than retail volume is lower. Just like last summer, the summer before, the summer before that, and before that... :)

If they don't widen again for the fall, that would be something different. And 50 cents over on generic 10 oz is not something I remember from previous years, so who knows? Might just be a Sunshine special only, same premium as JM 100s, again not common.

Tue, Sep 2, 2014 - 10:55am
Urban Roman
-
Jollyville

TPM

TPM is out of one of their 100Oz bars. Looks like the premium is about $1.00 more or less:

https://www.texmetals.com/products/silver-bars

Tue, Sep 2, 2014 - 10:59am (Reply to #39033)
csquared13

pailin wrote: Ojibwemowin

pailin wrote:
Ojibwemowin wrote:

Spreads tighten every summer. At this point probably means nothing more than retail volume is lower. Just like last summer, the summer before, the summer before that, and before that... :)

If they don't widen again for the fall, that would be something different. And 50 cents over on generic 10 oz is not something I remember from previous years, so who knows? Might just be a Sunshine special only, same premium as JM 100s, again not common.

IIRC, .50c premiums at goldmart haven't been around since summer of 2012. Last summer was 69c or thereabouts? I believe on the JM 100's.

“Everybody gets what they want out of the market.” -Ed Seykota
Tue, Sep 2, 2014 - 11:09am (Reply to #39035)
pailin

Yep sounds about right,

Yep sounds about right, remember getting some grungy Engelhard 100s for .45 over back 2012 and nothing else was even close (cheap!) anywhere else or on GM. Not certain but iirc 10 oz bars were .60 or .70 over back then. And the mythical 1000 oz bars (that are always out of stock on GM :) were just .39 over.

Since GM is still pretending the market hasn't moved in four or five days, Provident is (I guess...*) the best way to go right now:

Provident Metals 10 oz Silver Bar

Cash Discount Price

$198.80

Quick Overview

Available today for only $0.65 over spot per ounce!

*I haven't done business with Provident since mid/late 2011, so no idea on customer service, wait times etc in 2014!

Tue, Sep 2, 2014 - 5:20pm (Reply to #39031)
pailin

pailin wrote:So you

pailin wrote:

So you know...be careful with Goldmart, at least for now, not live updating their prices! If this lil' bar was really .50 over it should be $197.50 or so. Hmm! Betcha they froze it for the long weekend knowing algos can go a bit off-script on holidays :)

GM live pricing has been back on for a bit :)

So now let's find out what happens at 18.50 and 18.20. I'll bite somewhere in there in case it's a re-test that passes muster. But only small. Otherwise continue to build the war chest earmarked for 15-16 or GSR 70+ :) :) :)

Tue, Sep 2, 2014 - 11:00pm
tonym9

8/23 at 4pm I got a email

8/23 at 4pm I got a email from Provident, offer expired Sunday 8/24. email said 24 hours left. It was for .29 over spot 1 oz .999 fine morgan lookalike rounds.

It didn't even peak my interest. I bought from them about 10 months ago....no issues.

I think about how I would have reacted to that email not too long ago and I wonder how much I would have bought.

It seems the only time I even think about metal is when I see a pretty gold maple and think about .9999 AU for a second or two...then I look at the price and nope...just can't do it. I'd rather get something a bit more pb or Ford in nature.

The last I bought was around this price, ATB's all slabbed and all good 'deals.' I'm a few months away from picking up the next slabbed year.

I often wonder if I'm being too harsh on pm's...then I look at a chart. I've seen downside for a while now, the longterm chart hasnt changed to me. I'm not interested at 19 or 18, except to keep up with my ATB. 15 is my next stop for 1 oz anything, and that is only a small load. I'm waiting for 12. Do I see it? TBD. I think I would probably bite before 12, but 12 is what I see on the chart...and it's no time soon.. However, I'm always on the watch for a waterfall or a good deal...give me .29 over at 16 and I might bite a bit.

"No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda Levitation will levitate until levitation doesn't levitate. Rates be the key matey.
Wed, Sep 3, 2014 - 7:29am
pailin

silver RSI

Haven't looked at this in a while. Just did.

While daily is enticing at 30, weekly and monthly at 40...no.

A RSI reading of 30 is getting bullish. Under 30 can be very tasty. But over, not especially. Just blah.

Daily number is due to essentially seven straight weeks of down days, and really it's kind of funny looking on a chart.

Sell, sell, sell, sell. And then sell some more :)

But weekly and monthly look more like just bouncing along a bottom, nothing bullish about that. Directionless and volumeless.

A lot more could still come off before silver is 'a steal', at least according to weekly and monthly RSI.

Thu, Sep 4, 2014 - 8:01am
pailin

The Big Silver Melt

Recommended by BrotherJohnF (and um, how did I never hear of this before??)

Really diggin' it...so much under-cover-of-night skullduggery.

eBay :)

Thu, Sep 4, 2014 - 1:29pm
pailin

Leadership

Saw this on James Altucher last night,

10 Things You Need to Know To Become a Great Leader

and then this today. Something must be in the air :)

Why Is Independence So Frightening To Some People?

alt-market.com / By Brandon Smith / 04 September 2014 03:25

In past articles I have examined the nature of power and division in our society and have always come to the same conclusion, that there are only two types of people: the people who want control over others and the people who just want to be left alone. However, there are also subgroups that swim within the boundaries of each end of the spectrum. Often, psychologists and self-help gurus attempt to promote the idea that the defining quality of the average person’s life is whether he is a follower or a leader. I have seen this spectrum applied to every political and social organization.

Ironically, I have heard so-called “leftists” argue that the nature of their ideology makes them more adept at leadership and that conservatives are more prone to become followers (ostensibly because conservatives tend to be more religious). I have heard the same argument from people on the so-called “right,” only in reverse. The problem is that very few people in our society understand anymore what it actually means to be a leader. Most Americans today are followers, whether they know it or not. And sadly, followers tend to also seek out control over other people, if only to make up for the lack of control they feel in their own lives. That is to say, most followers tend to pursue petty opportunities for leadership.

The concept of leadership has become ridiculously warped. Many people feel that to become a leader, one must clamor his way through the system — be it government or corporate — and achieve artificial status, which others are conditioned to recognize and respect. One cannot become a designated “doctor”, no matter how personally skilled the individual, without earning the correct accolades from the establishment, accolades that are essentially bought at the right price or given as a pat on the head to those who excel at parroting the mainstream consensus. The same goes for scientists, economists, political authorities, etc. This creates a professional class, a percentage of the population whose opinions are treated with immediate reverence simply because of their titles.

The reality often ignored in mainstream thought, however, is that many “professionals” are actually more clueless than laymen, if only because they have been subjected to far more complex indoctrination. How many Ivy League economists, for instance, completely overlooked the inevitable collapse of the derivatives market and the housing bubble simply because they were taught by the mainstream system that such things do not happen in American finance anymore? The truth is, a glossy diploma from the establishment does not necessarily make one intelligent, nor does it automatically make that person a leader to be blindly followed.

READ MORE

Thu, Sep 4, 2014 - 5:30pm
Lord Henry

The Relentless Ingestion of

Smoked Salmon not only amplifies ones mercurial

attributes, but, as I am beginning to discover, also

simultaneously stimulates the Pineal gland, initiating

not only the age-reversal process, but also allowing one's

contrarian third eye to gradually re-open.

It is my personal belief, that dietary inadequacies on the

part of renowned Contrarians such as Sprott, Embry und

alles, have led to accelerated 3rd eye cataract conditions -

who can rememembery the last time any of these great

wizards gotten anything right ? Ok time to own up. I've

been selling my pm miners....and buying Scandium miners..

the next great new bubble now appearing in my 2020 vision

(2016 to be exact : -)

Wake me up at HUI 200. No, on 2nd thoughts, please dont bother.
Thu, Sep 4, 2014 - 6:50pm
pailin

18-handle silver is BACK!

Sad but true, or awesome if you're looking to buy more :) :) :)

Fri, Sep 5, 2014 - 11:41am
BlackHawk
-
Truman Lake, MO

Gold's weekly trendline is

Gold's weekly trendline is still intact, though it was briefly violated in overnight trading. Looks like there is more downside movement ahead, although I have a small long position with UGLD. If the S&P craps out, gold should rise from the dead and take silver with it.

https://oi57.tinypic.com/24d4uuu.jpg

BH had to buy a new computer with the "new and improved" Windows 8.1 operating system. Now I can't do a f*ing thing except resize frames. Can't find my way to a paintbrush-like app. Hate Gates and all windows developers with a white-hot heat.

"I had a run in

Running from your Window"

Grateful Dead - Bertha Live 1989
Sat, Sep 6, 2014 - 10:16am
Abraham Bernanke

Metals, Metals, Metals

As the Grand (forum) Master Pailin has spoken once again about the metals and respective RSI numbers (I miss those days of the daily RSI targets), is it time to reconsider the metals? I think a lot, I read a lot, but I am sensible enough to realise I don't know a lot about manipulated metals markets. One thing I am sure of though is my common sense approach to the obvious foul play going on.

Below are a couple of recent statements I am going to cut and paste to ensure that we all keep our eyes on the metal markets as the glory day of the metals is yet to shine again.

......not only China is hoarding Gold, but Russia is too, and both will use their Gold holdings to back at least a percentage of their respective currencies, once the dollar reserve status is lost… Gold backed, or even partially backed currencies would be the most attractive currencies don’t you think? Well, then what the heck are you waiting for! Let me ask you this question… Do you buy home insurance after the Tornado hits? No, it’s too darn late, right? Well, that’s all I’m saying… I think you get the picture here…

.......I was reading Koos Jansen’s latest post to Google+ yesterday, and in it he talks about how the Chinese Shanghai Gold Exchange still pales in comparison to the London Bullion Market, or the Comex here in the U.S. in terms of volume, but the SGE is making huge strides to catch up… I find this news to be very delightful, and welcome… And eventually will be right as rain for Gold, Silver and other precious metals! -

See more at: https://www.dailypfennig.com

Regards to all

Abe

SWAGER on. Silver - Wine - Art - Gold - Energy - Real estate