Pailin's Trading Corner

42651 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fri, Jul 4, 2014 - 12:04pm
dabrini
-
Chicago, IL

Sitting short in ZSL over the weekend

No real reason, other than the fact that all of the "good" news may be out, and Iraq/Ukraine hopefully will be contained. Plus, every time in the past 6 months that I was in AGQ at a pause, hoping for a further rise, I got killed. Assuming that the trading range is 19-21 and that we're at the top of it, until some real movement starts.

Fri, Jul 4, 2014 - 12:24pm pailin
redwood

Good to hear you'll get air

Good to hear you'll get air soon. Dehydration over protracted periods is harmful. Go for it. :)

Fri, Jul 4, 2014 - 5:06pm redwood
pailin

redwood wrote: Good to hear

redwood wrote:

Good to hear you'll get air soon. Dehydration over protracted periods is harmful. Go for it. :)

Who's dehydrated?? My running water, filtered through a Berkey anti-fluoride, is just fiiiiiiiiine :)

Knock back about 3 gallons a day. Don't forget hoss --- I'm running 5-10 miles a day in this heat too, though early as possible of course. So I'm way up on staying wet inside.

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Fri, Jul 4, 2014 - 5:44pm
Lord Henry

Because I'm primarily

made up of anti-matter, all this talk about 'lets leave

the aircon on 24/7 darling', and drinking posh water

all the time has me running in the other direction.

People know I'm ever-so-slightly eccentric, but especially

now that I visit the mini market every day at 6.45 pm -as

this is the time to check out newly-issued out of date stuff.

Usually it tastes exactly the same to me as the normal in-date

stuff, and I just dont get why they lop about 75 % off prices.

In fact, I used to despise shopping so much, I'd buy so much

stuff that what was in date when I bought it is about 3 weeks out

by the time I get round to eating it, so by eating newly out of date,

Im actually eating fresh - so to speak. What has the poor check-out

girls puzzled though, is when I pitch up at the till with 27 pots of

apricot yogurt, and 7 packs of smoked salmon etc. Yesterday it all

did go slightly pear shaped though. I thought I'd cornered the market

by buying 8 packs of outdated crab sticks, but opening the first pack

this morning, I discovered that they were all in fact carrot sticks.....

Wake me up at HUI 200. No, on 2nd thoughts, please dont bother.
Fri, Jul 4, 2014 - 7:55pm stackaloha
Mr. Natural

@stackaloha

stackaloha wrote:

Hello Pailin and all, What should RSI settings be? My charts default is 50 with moving average 5... but it doesn't look right and I altered Stochastics to 14/3. I was hoping to get opinions from you guys please?

channeling Rico here for an old answer to this question

https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/542960#comment-542960

lots of good strategy and tips from him and others in that old Trend Following thread if you're interested in free advice from one of Turd's persona non grata

Use the right tool for the job
Sun, Jul 6, 2014 - 6:56am
Lord Henry

Right

On to business. 5 weeks now of xtreme dieting resulting in

19 % weight loss. Remaining 81 % of cells solely composed

entirely from mature fish, and extra ripe organic fruits .

Time to treat myself to a little bling, especially considering

I didnt have anything waxed this month. First up, a full new

set of imperial (AF) Snap-Off sockets and wrenches. Secondly,

going all round the engine bay of my 5.3 Cabriolet, replacing

every rusting bolt with gleaming new Allen-heads instead.... :-)

Wake me up at HUI 200. No, on 2nd thoughts, please dont bother.
Sun, Jul 6, 2014 - 10:29am
dabrini
-
Chicago, IL

to Lord H - Dangers of all fish diet

LH,

Ok, dieting is fine, but eating nothing but tinned fish may not be a good idea:

https://usatoday30.usatoday.com/news/health/2002-11-04-fish-1acover_x.htm

I remember reading an article about some yuppies who ate nothing but fish in restaurants and who came down with mercury poisoning.

If you are eating fish to get more DHEA, it's better to take fish oil supplements - they are free of mercury. A much safer source of protein is whey powder.

Probably small sardines are relatively safest. Much better than tuna.

Tue, Jul 8, 2014 - 11:06am
csquared13

ZzZzZ....SI couldn't even get

ZzZzZ....SI couldn't even get down to 20.75

I'm giving the coal trade another shot today..system gave me a buy signal so I'm going for it. (Arch @ 3.28..system missed LOD by .03)

glta

“Everybody gets what they want out of the market.” -Ed Seykota
Tue, Jul 8, 2014 - 7:32pm csquared13
Fighting Gael
-
bakersfield, CA

silver eagles spot + .99

gainesville
Special Price On 1 Oz American Silver Eagle - Random Year
For a limited time, we are offering an amazing deal on 1 Oz American Silver Eagles Random Years at a discounted price! Act quickly because this price will only be available for a limited time. There is a limit of 5 coins per customer for this amazing offer, and once supplies run out, the deal will be over.

Tue, Jul 15, 2014 - 8:15am
Art Lomax

Mighty quiet around

Mighty quiet around here.

Anyway, here's an interesting article regarding corn. Corn has been in a downtrend for two years now, and still likely to go lower. No need to be in a hurry to pick a bottom. As the saying goes, big crops get bigger.

"An average price in the year ahead near $3.75 would be consistent with similar supply-consumption scenarios of the recent past. It appears that the market has already priced in an average yield of at least 170 bushels."

https://farmdocdaily.illinois.edu/2014/07/how-burdensome-are-corn-suppli...

Tue, Jul 15, 2014 - 1:18pm Art Lomax
BlackHawk
-
Truman Lake, MO

Going Long Indian Corn

Hi Art -

My nutty Rastafarian foody friends and others are begging me to raise Non-GMO food. That's about nearly impossible based on what it takes to grow non-crossed (open-pollenated) corn. BH has a stand of Wades Giant Indian Flint Corn (63 seeds planted) that is about 8-10 ft tall now. I've got my own hybrid sweet corn and thousands of acres of Round-up Ready Frankenstein maize to worry about, so I am trying to put bags over the silks just forming and covering the tassles too, saving the collected tassle pollen to apply to the silks when they start growing out. I got the technique from seedsavers: https://blog.seedsavers.org/preventing-gmo-contamination-in-your-open-pollinated-corn/

Baker Seed Comany corn- https://www.rareseeds.com/wades-giant-indian-flint-corn/

As you can imagine, this is a really rotten job to do; best performed in the cool of the morning before the NYSE opens, when I am most hung over from the previous evening meal shared with the neighborhood orphan and misfit men, ranging in age from 27 - 72 years old. Yesterday for the first time ever, I ate the flesh of a poisonous beast, a four or five foot timber rattler, sporting eight rattlers, still writhing with vigor (JFK I still miss you), after an hour separated from its head. It did not taste like chicken, but was very white, clean, chewy meat that had to be gnawed off the ribs. A texture like squid, maybe best served in the dark of a new moon night. I didn't know MO had big rattlers like that. The hide is 6-7 inches wide at the fat part. Back to corn news...

This is the best crop summer ever around here with nice rain and sun in balance. Barring being hit with a dirty bomb, (Gallows humor and a hat tip to AM, who says today is the peak of the violence cycle, with two bad weeks ahead. Possibly, BH will build a potato gun, with multiple PVC barrels like a Gatling gun, aiming to shoot the Village Idiot as he continues to stalk my corner of the world.) this corn harvest could set a new record.

I need non-GMO feed. That takes at least a 10,000 acre buffer of farmers signing on to grow it at much higher costs/bu. Everyone should read the report, recently re-released after passing muster in three rounds of scientific pier reviews about the health impacts possible from GMO food. And before any of you neo-cons and end-time zeolots start hyperventilating, "Science" is not a naughty word. https://www.alternet.org/food/major-study-demonstrates-monsanto-gmo-corn-product-can-cause-damage-liver-and-kidneys-and

GMO corn caused tumors and kidney failure in a two-year lab study( Prof Gilles-Eric Séralini and colleagues) that has been suppressed by Monsato et. al., until now. Incidentally, it affected males at a higher rate. Monsato ran a 90-day test and prolly fudged that data in the first place to get their crap seed and chemical monopoly to market.

There is a large and growing demand for non-GMO corn. Maybe low corn prices could influence farmers to plant a higher value crop. Maybe land prices will fall when the their GMO-corn prices take a dump. Who knows?

Wed, Jul 16, 2014 - 12:55am
Art Lomax

@BH

Good luck with your OP corn. Thats a lot of hard work. If you are in a corn growing area, then almost all the commercially grown corn around you will be GMO. (Roundup Ready Bt)

Thu, Jul 17, 2014 - 9:34am Art Lomax
Weasel Tracker
-
Ellsworth, ME

$21.50 again, early August

Sat, Jul 19, 2014 - 11:37pm
SSK

Morally bankrupt

Just read the intro (below) to a post sanctioned by Turd on Pain Street. You will be hard pressed to find a more intellectually degenerate piece of conspiracy mongering on the Internets.

And to think Turd kicked Rico off his site...

MH17 and MH370: What are the Odds? And What's the Fallout?

By stephanie | Friday, July 18, 2014 at 1:50 pm

How often, in the past 40 or 50 years, have we heard about a Malaysian airplane going down? And now, we've had two in the past six months. What are the odds?

I'm not the only one who immediately entertained the thought that MH17 and MH370 are, in fact, the same airplane. One goes missing - it is still not found - and then a mere months later, another Malaysian plane mysteriously flies over military airspace in one of the most contentious hotspots in the world and gets shot down.

Now it looks like we may have the sparks for WWIII.

Sun, Jul 20, 2014 - 12:20am SSK
yangster

re morally bankrupt

SSK couldn't agree more, when I saw that yesterday I found it absolutely disgusting, made me question why I even visit this site (though usually for PTC). Absolutely pathetic, really embarrassing and bordering on insanity. I went to the comments expecting to see comments such as yours, was shocked that all that I saw actually seemed in support of the post.

Sun, Jul 20, 2014 - 2:56am yangster
RockerBoxer
-
Canada

The Truth

Video unavailable

The art of the morally bankrupt always fetches a high price right? Or does truth sell?

Sun, Jul 20, 2014 - 3:20am
RockerBoxer
-
Canada

for Rico!

Rolling Stones - Little T&A
Sun, Jul 20, 2014 - 3:53pm
hhesse

pailin avatar

Sun, Jul 20, 2014 - 3:54pm
hhesse

pailin avatar

pos connection

Sun, Jul 20, 2014 - 4:31pm hhesse
pailin

cripes

Dude was a raging liberal democrat (so a fool for the classic "us vs them" paradigm)...but that still sucks.

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey