Pailin's Trading Corner

42422 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mon, Dec 30, 2013 - 2:18pm
Rico

Yer damn right I like coal!

Yer damn right I like coal! Went long BTU some time ago, but especially YZC, which will be an easy double, and potentially much more, if you're willing to hold--pick up a nice divvie, to boot. Check it out--it's pulled back some, so good entry right now.

As for SW...good to hear from you, and Happy New Year!

Tue, Dec 31, 2013 - 9:05am
Tesla

18.20 / 1180 about to bust through

...some Important numbers =0

what do you think about AVI's #'s and bottom targets... anyone?

Tue, Dec 31, 2013 - 9:30am
Rico

Guess the hedgies are doing a

Guess the hedgies are doing a little, um, 'position squaring' in the PMs, this morning LOL.

Re Avi, his targets are pure conjecture, and he's an expert at finding a crowd, getting in front of it, and calling it leading a parade. Nonetheless, he has GREAT value in being the one pundit associated with the PMs who never ceases to make the crucial point that the endless arguments on Klendathu about what moves PM prices are WORTHLESS, and will make you poor--so for that, I give him much credit. On that note, if I hear that this year was a great victory for the PMs because "the Cartel" wasn't able to push 'em below the 6/28 low today, I'm gonna blow chunks...

This is it, boys and girl--the last trading day, and a full one, too--no half measures. Here's to finishing up strong, and getting a profitable start to 2014!

Tue, Dec 31, 2013 - 9:34am
Tesla

Thanks Rico

Watching to see what happens next... might be tempted to buy some coins soon... maybe today? let me know if I'm making a mistake, I've been sort of buried in my job and haven't kept up like I wish I could. thx!

Tue, Dec 31, 2013 - 9:58am (Reply to #37988)
pailin

Rico wrote: ...if I hear that

Rico wrote:

...if I hear that this year was a great victory for the PMs because "the Cartel" wasn't able to push 'em below the 6/28 low today, I'm gonna blow chunks...

Heh heh. Cannot imagine anyone would have the audacity...but I've been told I lack imagination (at times) so... :)

@SW - nice to see you around these parts, even if only briefly! Best to you always :)

@Happy - On technical terms only do I think seasonals still hold (and for how much longers anyway??) But sure, the ol' gut feel (and/or peek at account values)...grrrrrrrr. For some reason the decision to only long metals physically is not as painful, whether at 18.50, 19.50 or 20.50 or...? But that's something of an illusion, I know this, opportunity cost is always exactly that. And so is 18-handle + premium if you've paid higher (as I have for sure). My seasonal shorting technique eases nearly 100% of that mental pain though. You may find similar solace looking for short opportunities somewhere Feb-May. Probably after a nice lil' spike up that has all of TF-ville exhaling in relief, the great signal for vicious turnaround time. I'll be posting my thoughts and actions then too :)

@CK - also nice to see your avatar pop up recently! Ya'll don't have to be strangers...ya know?

@everyone - Won't bore you with more bs...hoping we all have a better 2014 than 13 and a distinct lack of FEMA activity for noble or other reasons :) :)

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Tue, Dec 31, 2013 - 10:01am
Rico

You should keep buying phyzz

You should keep buying phyzz until your "insurance policy" is paid off, especially when the premiums are cheap!

Tue, Dec 31, 2013 - 10:09am
tonym9

whoa, WTH was that? A sharp

whoa, WTH was that? A sharp drop to test levels, then a sharp bounce off? I don't think this is "the" test of June lows all. Beware here.

Apmex sent me an email that they have rounds at .89 over until Wed night. I've been on the site most of the morning and almost pulled the trigger. I'm waiting it out. might have missed...we'll see

19.70 from 18.90 in just a few minutes. whoa

"No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda Levitation will levitate until levitation doesn't levitate. Rates be the key matey.
Tue, Dec 31, 2013 - 10:15am
csquared13

bumped UCO stop up to roughly

bumped UCO stop up to roughly $96.20 in WTI just in case

“Everybody gets what they want out of the market.” -Ed Seykota
Tue, Dec 31, 2013 - 10:16am (Reply to #37992)
RobertW
-
The Hague
Netherlands

Nice move

tonym9 wrote:

whoa, WTH was that? A sharp drop to test levels, then a sharp bounce off? I don't think this is "the" test of June lows all. Beware here.

Just squeezing the shorts just under 1185. Denying them to make a profit because the price will probably fall even further in the coming weeks......? It was a very obvious move and this happens a lot (but not this quick). Made me some nice money. All the best, Robert

Tue, Dec 31, 2013 - 10:23am
Big Buffalo

Just lucky

bought some AGQ at $15.05 pre-market, sold at $15.80.

Not bad for less than an hour. Purely lucky. (I usually like to have open orders at 6% and 10% from the previous close.)

Missed my order on Forex by $0.07 for silver though, that would have been nice.

Ba-zinga!
Tue, Dec 31, 2013 - 10:28am (Reply to #37993)
BlackHawk
-
Truman Lake, MO

Still short

WTI with DTO up the yin/yang. I'm thinking of holding both sides of this bet in the future.

The tide come in 'n de tide go out. Dem tanker wait for de nite shif. Den de Shell popo go sleep. Big dock discount n thas how we roll. Is Uncle Sam still de presiden? Dis shit don't change. What year be now? Which war we in?

Tue, Dec 31, 2013 - 10:44am
tonym9

Provident Apmex update

Provident Apmex update. All is well at Provident, delivered yesterday. Apmex also.

I was a bit concerned about ordering given pages past of info. Granted my order wasn't break the bank catagory, but there was an audible grunt with the delivery from Provident. Lovin me some Mapes today...

Would sure like to love some more. Cmon 16....thought I might see it earlier today, got all excited. Oh well, there's always 2-5/2014

Hope you guys made some fiat on that little V

"No! Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try." -Yoda Levitation will levitate until levitation doesn't levitate. Rates be the key matey.
Tue, Dec 31, 2013 - 11:19am
Lord Henry

Bonjour

Just some random thoughts today. Well, its becoming a bit obvious

that not only do TPTB select their bubbles, they also deselect them too.

Too many glitterati floating in the pm bubble, so... prick....then bang it goes !

Am a bit annoyed to have spent all this time watching the wrong game,

but cos Pailin and everyone here has been guilty of the same, I dont feel

abnormally stupid. Plus I got a New Year kiss from Paint Girl today, so that put

me in a better frame of mind.

Every decade has at least one bubble, so maybe this will be Bitcoin's turn. Although

its good to see the University of Cyprus supposedly adopt it, what is there to stop 250

dot com clones climbing on board - thats what we need to know. And whether to buy

Fizz bitcoin, or carefully researched clones of bitcoin ..who knows ? Although I never

saw PM's as a plausible alternative currency (I see it as more of a protest vote), Bitcoin

isnt viable either - but maybe the MKT CAP can grow to a more bubblesque stature,

especially with a lot of disenchanted bugs clogging up the cypto blogs. Au Revoir.

Wake me up at HUI 200. No, on 2nd thoughts, please dont bother.
Tue, Dec 31, 2013 - 11:52am
Rico

Sears Holdings

Who knows the, um, 'story' here? I'm going to wait for a show of hands, then take it from there. Hint: I'm not talking about the customer experience...

Tue, Dec 31, 2013 - 12:00pm
Big Buffalo

Silver, USD/JPY

We'll see an $18 handle within the next couple trading days.

USD/JPY and EUR/USD: love the channels.

Finally, for those that like medical marjuana, check out MDBX (Medbox), went crazy the last 3 days with a little pull back this mid-morning. I'll like it again at $12.00 ish.

Ba-zinga!
Tue, Dec 31, 2013 - 12:33pm
Big Buffalo

Shorting market...

Does anyone have a better way of shorting the market vs. using DXD (Proshares ultrashort DOW)?

I would certainly be open to options suggestions and such.

The plan is to short in mid-Jan.

Ba-zinga!
Tue, Dec 31, 2013 - 2:11pm
Lord Henry

Its so clear that

TPTB have clicked on the 'deselect bubble' box on their PM options

menu, that anyone wishing to wager me that Silver will once again become

a thing of substance (above 50 bucks) before my signature strip novel has

been fully completed should send me a pm to discuss the terms and size of

the bet.

nb. Could someone pass this offer onto Stephen please, TIA.

Wake me up at HUI 200. No, on 2nd thoughts, please dont bother.
Wed, Jan 1, 2014 - 8:06am (Reply to #38001)
Deluxe186
-
NY

Big Buffalo wrote: Does

Big Buffalo wrote:

Does anyone have a better way of shorting the market vs. using DXD (Proshares ultrashort DOW)?

I would certainly be open to options suggestions and such.

The plan is to short in mid-Jan.

sds and spxu are good for this. Unlike uvxy and vxx there is no decay or I shouldn't say none but very minimal. Much like agq there structured pretty well. They don't issue shares and reverse split just to keep the party going

Wed, Jan 1, 2014 - 8:31am
Deluxe186
-
NY

Just looked at the volume on

Just looked at the volume on slv on the 31st sheesh. Just a reminder pm buying going in jan to reweight the cci index. May make a small bet on slv weeklies. Watching tlt and jetblue right now for a breakdown and breakout respectively.

Also worth watch and a very conservative options play is the nikkei and ewj which looks like it's forming a pretty powerful base to power through its top trendline. If someone can explain to me why the nikkei is up 12% and ewj is up only 4% percent I will be deeply greatful. The boj meets in april and easing is on the table although october looks like another likely date. Fluid situation but def worth paying attention to.

Wed, Jan 1, 2014 - 8:42am
Rico

Here's to a prosperous 2014,

Here's to a prosperous 2014, everyone--and remember: If you see the Buddha on the road, kill him!