Pailin's Trading Corner

42791 posts / 0 new
Last post
Mon, Apr 22, 2013 - 4:37pm
Fighting Gael
-
bakersfield, CA

gsr on netdania

its under instruments tab, then precious metals tab...

Mon, Apr 22, 2013 - 5:24pm
Lord Henry

If I were a medical man....

My daily report would state that 'Metals

remain in a critical but stable condition'.

Wake me up at HUI 200. No, on 2nd thoughts, please dont bother.
Mon, Apr 22, 2013 - 6:02pm
pailin

If you need a lot of silver...

These boys have 10 COMEX 1,ooo oz bars in stock, ready to go, only $1.00 over spot.

Not a bad deal considering what's going on otherwise...

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Mon, Apr 22, 2013 - 6:48pm
daveyboy
-
UK

I have been having an

I have been having an interesting conversation with a friend of mine who used to be a big time stacker back in the 80's and fortunately got out before the huge crash. He dismisses this current premium as simply a temporary divergence caused by dealers selling their previously bought coins. He predicts that within a month that silver premiums will quickly fall as dealers buy cheaper silver. He tells me that as a semi interested party (he still has some gold) that his reading of the silver institute is that there are masses of silver, not simply including the above ground, but huge amounts of below ground silver.

Basically he somewhat dismisses silver, but concurs that gold's position in the world will grow in prominence, but is not forecasting sinclair crazy numbers. He laughs at the notion that silver will be important during some kind of hyper inflationary event because he doubts such an event would last long and if it did, food is your only concern. He asked me if silver has suddenly become more important in Cyprus, if there had been any kind of change in sentiment there about it. Surely he asked I had seen one pro silver piece alluding to how it's grown in significance? of course I had no counter to that.

I hope he is not right about the temporary divergence or shit, that will push silver below $20. He finally told me that that everything you are hearing about silver right now, I heard back in the 80's. They are using almost the same marketing lines and will pull the wool over everyone's eyes until silver goes into a terminal decline and at which point these major business proponents will scurry away.

I should have had this conversation with him prior to investing, you live and learn I guess.

Mon, Apr 22, 2013 - 7:17pm daveyboy
csquared13

daveyboy

Interesting, but he didn't even mention energy costs? The miners of the 80's weren't dealing with > $80/bbl WTI crude prices.

What was the cost of a barrel back then? Less than $20? I don't have the historical data...I wasn't even born yet and the first thing that came to mind was "maybe he's right...but energy was far, far cheaper back then."

Cost of a barrel o' WTI was like 75% cheaper than it is today...

“Everybody gets what they want out of the market.” -Ed Seykota
Mon, Apr 22, 2013 - 7:39pm
Deluxe186
-
NY

anyone remember the dude that

anyone remember the dude that bought 1.6 million in otm call options on the miners....yea that coulda been one hell of a party just saying

Mon, Apr 22, 2013 - 7:57pm Deluxe186
redwood

If you're looking for a name,

If you're looking for a name, no name was released. Its in this forum though, posted I believe mid March. Can't find it on the net now, thought at the time it was easy.

Mon, Apr 22, 2013 - 8:08pm daveyboy
pailin

daveyboy

That story sounds really contrived, I'm taking you at your word only because you've been here for a while. But I don't ever remember you offering anything constructive either. So that's sort of a step backwards into no-man's-land in my book. Sorry if that's unfair.

Circumstances today are quite different than the 80s. As mentioned, the cost of energy, and the other big input into mining...human labor. Even 3rd world labor is more expensive now. (Not to mention what it costs in labor and benefits to mine 50 million oz a year right here in the good ole USA). But silver is not. Among all the commodities, only silver languishes somewhere deep in 1979 territory. Or 1981 territory. Take your pick.

You're the guy with all the deep-throat info..this should be a softball...where's all the other stuff at 1979 prices? No, I d0n't need 20 or 30 of 'em, just ONE. Thanks. If that's a toughie, another softball, how about 1981 instead?

Otherwise you're a one-hit wonder here...ever the permabear with tales of how you stacked like an @ss and are now fully f.cked. Okay, so you are. You get what you deserve. Can you move on now to another space for your extended therapy? Please?

Last chance...do something, anything, constructive here besides whine about your own mistakes and we can go back to square one. But otherwise...any stripes you earned (you didn't), consider them stripped.

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Mon, Apr 22, 2013 - 8:29pm
redwood

Damn had it all printed out,

Damn had it all printed out, then slip of the finger, gone. So in essence the important economic dates for this week are:

1. Thurs 8:30 am Jobless Claims.

***************************************************************************************************************

2. Friday 8:30 am - GDP

Released On 4/26/2013 8:30:00 AM For Q1:13

Prior Consensus Consensus Range
Real GDP - Q/Q change - SAAR 0.4 % 3.1 % 2.3 % to 3.3 %
GDP price index - Q/Q change - SAAR 1.0 % 1.4 % 0.9 % to 1.8 %

************************************************************************************************************

3. FOMC April 30 - May 1. Rate announcement May 1 - 2:15 pm

Mon, Apr 22, 2013 - 8:31pm
القراع عصفور
-
WI

please, don't go and sell your silver Daveyboy

Video unavailable
all great works are works in progress.
Mon, Apr 22, 2013 - 8:36pm
redwood

Thanks Dryo.  I'm sure

Thanks Dryo. I'm sure Daveyboy will appreciate. I believe he's human too.

Mon, Apr 22, 2013 - 8:47pm
redwood

There's a good chance we'll

There's a good chance we'll have higher prices tomorrow, but I'm expecting a pullback perhaps as early as tomorrow afternoon or Wednesday. The above economic calendar may assist the BB in that effort.

Mon, Apr 22, 2013 - 8:54pm
pailin

Forecast for Tomorrow

Slightly cloudy, possible showers. 100% chance redwood is full of sh.t.

Mon, Apr 22, 2013 - 8:59pm
redwood

Dryo, I do appreciate your

Dryo, I do appreciate your logo. Profound and important.

Mon, Apr 22, 2013 - 9:25pm pailin
Strawboss
-
Washington DC, VA

A little spring cleaning,

A little spring cleaning, eh?

Your comment about silver to Daveyboy got me thinking. Silver really is the only thing to still be the same/lower than it was in 79 - 81 even though it arguably has less above ground reserves now than it did back then. The contrarian in me views that as evidence of how important it is to TPTB to keep silver suppressed because of its ability to drag gold with it when it decides to soar on occasion.

You have to give the enemy credit - they have done a superb job thus far in keeping silver ground down. The big question is...how much longer can they continue to do so? Whatever that amount of time is, I will continue to trade both sides and continue to stack phyz.

pailin wrote:

Slightly cloudy, possible showers. 100% chance redwood is full of sh.t.

Jesus Christ is the only true hope that any of us really has. Aaaargh .. the monkeys!!! Trading metals is like playing frogger...there's always a big truck coming.
Mon, Apr 22, 2013 - 9:29pm
Rico

@Titus, Been working on that

@Titus,

Been working on that Armstrong paper you posted about--unbelievable!

Mon, Apr 22, 2013 - 11:12pm pailin
Deluxe186
-
NY

If you full his calls he's

If you full his calls he's been consistent to be quite honest. That said pmi missed and clusterstock has a great chart of how stocks are outpacing inflation by a shitton. We're gonna see some low prices in silver and gold this summer.

Mon, Apr 22, 2013 - 11:48pm
redwood

Whoever said Canada was

Whoever said Canada was immune from all the shit in the world? Just heard on the radio that 2 men from Al Qaeda were apprehended from Via Rail, yes good old Ontario, with a set of explosives. I guess the RCMP (Royal Canadian Mounted Police) had these guys on their hit list and successfully interceded. Shit, I had train tickets just last week.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/story/2013/04/22/pol-terror-plot-ontario-quebec-arrests.html

If true, this segment is the most interesting part of the story:

Toronto Imam Yusuf Badat, of the Islamic Foundation of Toronto, told CBC's Evan Solomon that RCMP officers said they received tips from the Muslim community that led to the arrests.

Tue, Apr 23, 2013 - 12:02am
Hagarth
-
Nanaimo,
Canada

@Redwood Train? What's with that?

The only time I see a train is on TV or its pulling 200 cars of coal or grain. I doubt I can even get a train ticket somewhere...welcome to BC.

Anyway, I was wondering if you had sent anything to your local MP regarding this bail-in nonsense? The only reply received so far is the LIBERALS and they seem to be all for it. It's been nearly 2 weeks and nothing from the other parties or the Finance Minister.

Ever wonder if there is a deal to keep terrorists OUT of Canada? Or at least to keep them from doing their dirty work here? Knock on wood we are lucky!

Suntne vacci laeti.
Tue, Apr 23, 2013 - 12:25am Hagarth
redwood

Well you've probably not been

Well you've probably not been to Ontario then. We have an extensive corridor (both train and highway) in Ontario that begins in Windsor and ends in Montreal. Heavily used, rush hour on the train/highway is jam packed. The above story btw indicated a link to New York, so I don't know if that was the intended destination. Either way it sucks.

No I haven't sent anything. I barely have time to do the things I do already like posting at midnight when I should be in bed. But just drove back from the lake so I need to unwind first. :)

I see you're from Nanaimo, Vancouver Island. No trains there. But a beautiful place. Been there couple of times with great memories. Stay there, much coveted spot that island. Sold some property there in 2005, great investment after only 3 years. And from what I hear Vancouver and surrounding area still holding their value.