No subject.

No subject.

Wed, Mar 27, 2013 - 11:38pm Deluxe186
Code The Plumber
-
NoVa, VA

Deluxe186 wrote: That was

Deluxe186 wrote:

That was actually on CNBC today! Smart money buying art! CODETOPLUMBER -5 hattips

wow -5 for calling Pailin smart money? way to read between the lines! I would assume the intended target read it correctly, recognizing he already won that trade. in case it wasn't obvious, I'm more interested in what Pailin is buying now than what dumber money is buying from him @ I believe he has stated is often 10x+ the price he pays.
Thu, Mar 28, 2013 - 12:13am
SSK

A lower low followed by a

A lower low followed by a lower high close is not an ORD.

Just saying.

That gold isn't rising $30-50 a day off Europe is telling. ABX at 29 is telling. SLW at 31 is telling. EXK at 6 is telling. It's telling me to keep trading LNG.

Who besides me is merely waiting for Lazarus?

Thu, Mar 28, 2013 - 12:42am
Stardust

Red

No harm , no foul

Samba Pa Ti - Santana (Live in Mexico)

Stardust

ps....keep swinging my friend...

Thu, Mar 28, 2013 - 8:56am SSK
Rico

SSK wrote: A lower low

SSK wrote:

A lower low followed by a lower high close is not an ORD.

If that's directed at me, that's not what I said. I was shooting the breeze with DE during yesterday's intense action, and mentioned that IF we got an ORD, it would be a powerful one. Now, can we drop this fucking thing? That is the last time I will try to be helpful to someone asking a question.

Thu, Mar 28, 2013 - 10:10am
oliversgold
-
Apple Creek, OH

Rico im just a long time

Rico im just a long time lurker here for i have much to learn. You are one of the shrewdest, most intelligent guys here. and have some of the most meaningful posts! Your advice can be followed up and profits made. Keep posting bro

Thu, Mar 28, 2013 - 12:08pm
HappyNow
-
Canada

Is it too soon?

To declare who was right about backwardation. I am looking forward to the results. If this is more a Main St. discussion I'll wait a few more weeks to ask there.

Although what we will see is whether the 'backwardation' meant what people thought or hoped it did. Still worth a look.

Not trading right now. Just sitting on what I have.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Thu, Mar 28, 2013 - 12:31pm
Art Lomax

Corn Limit Down

May corn limit down 40c.

Sharply lower prices as markets react to bearish data.

PS

May corn trading close to 55c lower synthetically

Thu, Mar 28, 2013 - 2:29pm
RobertW
-
The Hague
Netherlands

Gold FND

I would like to describe the action of today as "restrained". Although I made some nice money (+ 26% over my entire account) I was expecting much more downside today. Don't know what to make of that (I am still in bearish mode).

Regards, Robert.

EDIT (from Turd's post of today) : So, now, here's the problem. Not only is London closed tomorrow, it's closed on Monday, too. This means that there will not be another price fix until the London AM of Tuesday. This also means that silver will trade on the very light volume Globex tomorrow, again on Sunday night and all day Monday and then Monday night without a price fix for physical allocation. This gives The Bad Guys all sorts of time to jam price lower.

Thu, Mar 28, 2013 - 2:55pm
Deluxe186
-
NY

it already broke to the

it already broke to the downside out of its basing pattern....I'm still holding out the yesterdays candlestick was a hangman

Fri, Mar 29, 2013 - 12:01pm
daveyboy
-
UK

World is going into free

World is going into free fall, bank accounts openly stolen from, New protection laws from Monsanto, concern over imminent further evaluations, new austerity packages, ridiculously high unemployment rates across Europe and yet still the metals pathetically languish and bitcoin of all things is where the smart money has proved to be.

Sat, Mar 30, 2013 - 8:31am
Bum in the library...

There's an awful lot of

There's an awful lot of dickriding over here in the Corner...

Sat, Mar 30, 2013 - 11:17am
csquared13

How about something non-PM's

How about something non-PM's related (maybe to lighten the mood?)

Anyone have any thoughts on Tesla? Just saw this story about how restricted they are in Texas:

https://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130329/RETAIL07/13...

Anybody long? short?

Tempted to be long in the short-term, as I've recently seen these things start popping up on San Vicente Blvd. (high income area not too far from my part of town) These people are very trendy and once they start seeing the "new-hot ride" cruising around, they want it. ESPECIALLY if it's "eco-friendly." The Prius spread in that area like a So Cal brush fire. I'm thinking...what are the chances that many of those parents pass the Prius down to their high-school kid(s) and upgrade themselves to a Model S?

If no one has had a chance to see it, it's a pretty sweet car IMO. I am just such a fossil fuel guy that I'm having a hard time believing there is a chance for long-term success here. (trying to see if a little dialogue here can help me control that fossil fuel bias)

That and I still prefer the look of the big-body Benz and BMW's.. (S-Class and 7 Series)

Here's a pic I took from a visit to their local dealership.

“Everybody gets what they want out of the market.” -Ed Seykota
Sat, Mar 30, 2013 - 11:26am
¤
-
Black Hole Sun
XX

Something non-PM related

Have a great weekend everyone.

A Guy Walks Into A Bar

An epic lack of foresight, accuracy and rationale... https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/170246#comment-170246

Sun, Mar 31, 2013 - 8:03am
Silverman

What the heck?

Sun, Mar 31, 2013 - 8:52am
pailin

@Silverman

Good times there! Hopefully nobody's platform stopped them out :)

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Sun, Mar 31, 2013 - 9:11am
Bum in the library...

That all happened after the

That all happened after the market closed. I don't think price ever made it below $28. Or did it

Sun, Mar 31, 2013 - 9:59am
redwood

Blackhawk

It's the w/e. I have time to properly answer but honestly this is intended for other readers as much as it is for you, since I suspect that the mechanisms that I'm soon to describe will be the same operating factors that will make it difficult for you to accept what I have to say.

There have been some serious misinterpretations of several of my posts. Salient features have been distorted, qualifiers have been ignored and context next to absent. As a result your response has been imbued with rage and shall I say impoverished public decorum on a site whose main purpose is to discuss market dynamics and the like. No room for vitriol, just disagreement.

The violent reaction to your neighbor for a mere 5 gallons of gas when your intent was to help your starving neighbor is equally contradicting, but not surprising. Yes I understand that you would have expected a token of gratitude, but this guy is "starving" and clearly not as resourceful as you, yet you expect differently. So once again you have either misinterpreted your neighbor or the situation becomes yet again another breeding ground for your justified rage.

Contradiction also escapes you when you use the collective "we" ("we have all been accustomed to") all the while admonishing those who dare do same. You don't want war with your neighbor, but under the disguise of an electronic forum it is safe for you to entertain. That speaks to a powerful prerogative.

So what does this all mean? Not for me to say. I am only pointing out the discrepancies. Its interpretation is not appropriate for this forum. Be careful with your health Blackhawk, your diabetic condition is at risk of taking a tremendous toll, since neuroendocrine function is intimately tied to our state of mind.

As to my banal posts. Some time ago I tried to warn readers that in the service of time my posts would be brief. They are statements that arise from a composite of various sources. When asked I have elaborated, but work during the day prevents me from doing this regularly and on w/e I largely rest. I would have thought that was obvious.

Sun, Mar 31, 2013 - 12:50pm
Deluxe186
-
NY

the new bugatii veyron goes

the new bugatii veyron goes 0-60 in 1.8....yea we need a trading system to buy one of those possibly as a group time share.

Sun, Mar 31, 2013 - 3:10pm redwood
Rico

redwood wrote: It's the w/e. 

redwood wrote:

It's the w/e. I have time to properly answer but honestly this is intended for other readers as much as it is for you, since I suspect that the mechanisms that I'm soon to describe will be the same operating factors that will make it difficult for you to accept what I have to say.

There have been some serious misinterpretations of several of my posts. Salient features have been distorted, qualifiers have been ignored and context next to absent. As a result your response has been imbued with rage and shall I say impoverished public decorum on a site whose main purpose is to discuss market dynamics and the like. No room for vitriol, just disagreement.

The violent reaction to your neighbor for a mere 5 gallons of gas when your intent was to help your starving neighbor is equally contradicting, but not surprising. Yes I understand that you would have expected a token of gratitude, but this guy is "starving" and clearly not as resourceful as you, yet you expect differently. So once again you have either misinterpreted your neighbor or the situation becomes yet again another breeding ground for your justified rage.

Contradiction also escapes you when you use the collective "we" ("we have all been accustomed to") all the while admonishing those who dare do same. You don't want war with your neighbor, but under the disguise of an electronic forum it is safe for you to entertain. That speaks to a powerful prerogative.

So what does this all mean? Not for me to say. I am only pointing out the discrepancies. Its interpretation is not appropriate for this forum. Be careful with your health Blackhawk, your diabetic condition is at risk of taking a tremendous toll, since neuroendocrine function is intimately tied to our state of mind.

As to my banal posts. Some time ago I tried to warn readers that in the service of time my posts would be brief. They are statements that arise from a composite of various sources. When asked I have elaborated, but work during the day prevents me from doing this regularly and on w/e I largely rest. I would have thought that was obvious.

<cricket sounds...>