Pailin's Trading Corner

42791 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sat, Mar 16, 2013 - 10:37am
daveyboy
-
UK

Pailin, you misunderstand me,

Pailin, you misunderstand me, I am employed, not earning a great deal of money, but I work as an analyst and don't have any reliance on the government. The fact is that the government does not look out out for the interests of the average person but that's another story. The point is that things have hit something of a ceiling so the question is what we do do next? well, yes, on an individual basis we can get out of debt but if everyone was to do that and by that I mean just a sweeping sea change across the mass public then the entire system would collapse in the blink of an eye. So being pragmatic, it is in everyone's interest for this current debt bubble to continue for as long as possible because whilst it does, as you said, there are opportunities there

Sat, Mar 16, 2013 - 12:11pm daveyboy
pailin

going nowhere

You speak to me of governments while I reject them -as anything but destructive instruments- out of hand. You speak of 'what do we do next'. Sorry no interest in we. Interest in myself and other individual actors like yourself as I can offer perspective and well-worn advice. There's answers out there for you, but not in yesterday's paradigm of stealing from tomorrow to enjoy today. Today sucks (but only in the abstract for me). Tomorrow will be worse (unless you diligently move now against that probability. I have.) Check out some James Altucher and start being your own boss...first moonlighting, then full-time when they pull the rug out from under. Cuz it's more likely to happen than not. Wouldn't you rather be prepared with savings, little/no debt, and a fallback that's already working? Been there, done that, it works. And you'll sleep so much better at night.

re: The average person. I'm met him many times. A quite -average- f.ckin' idiot that sows what he reaps. Mediocrity. My hope is always to move individuals out of that mindset. This has nothing to do with money, only mindset.

re: Opportunities. They always exist, perhaps in greater or lesser obvious abundance, limited only by your imagination and energy. Debt...nothing to do with it. A shortcut at best. But a shortcut to what? A bad utilization will always be bad (or uneconomically sound, if you prefer). How does leverage change that?

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Sat, Mar 16, 2013 - 12:56pm
csquared13

always appreciate your

always appreciate your perspective P, and the weekend chit-chats in general here...great stuff.

“Everybody gets what they want out of the market.” -Ed Seykota
Sat, Mar 16, 2013 - 3:17pm
Strawboss
-
Washington DC, VA

In defense of the little guy

In defense of the little guy Pailin - most of them dont know any better. Yes they are ignorant of things we deem important. They had poor teachers, poor role models, corrupt institutions, etc... They never had a chance - not really. Sure some escape that - like we are aiming to do - but, we are the exceptions - not the rule. Exceptional if you really think about it.

They are sheep. Unfortunately - that term has gotten a very negative connotation - i.e. sheeple. Jesus called us sheep too. But he still saw value in us even though we were ignorant...like sheep.

I know we cant make them see - or prepare - or change a lifetime of programming...well maybe a few here and there. I know the first priority is the mindset of "me and mine". I understand the thought process - I really do.

Interestingly, the banksters, politicians, corrupt bureaucrats, etc...all have the same mindset...me and mine.

Surely that cant be the answer or the best use of the exceptionalism that we possess. Surely we are capable of far greater things than that.

Jesus Christ is the only true hope that any of us really has. Aaaargh .. the monkeys!!! Trading metals is like playing frogger...there's always a big truck coming.
Sat, Mar 16, 2013 - 3:36pm
Bum in the library...

Zer0  debt here!  What is all

Zer0 debt here! What is all of this jibber jabber? Looks like with FOMC this week an opportunity to make some money may emerge! I'll be looking at my charts Sunday but will most likely be setting up some long entries pretty far down. Off the top of my head maybe at least one around $28.35. Who knows though? Maybe lower, maybe higher. Those wild swings are fun!

Sat, Mar 16, 2013 - 5:48pm Strawboss
pailin

Strawboss wrote: Surely that

Strawboss wrote:

Surely that cant be the answer or the best use of the exceptionalism that we possess. Surely we are capable of far greater things than that.

Yes it's the answer. Lead by example; the best teacher. And I take potshots for that quite regularly (often here). And now from you. Please take your 'we' elsewhere, it doesn't include me. Trade on!

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Sat, Mar 16, 2013 - 7:00pm Mr. Natural
Philharmoniker

Mr. Natural

Mr. Natural wrote:
Philharmoniker wrote:

Pailin, I'd like to invest time in this and I need more details. Do you remember when approx. you posted any info on your gold/silver volatility and RSI games? Why do you no longer play the 5 min RSI method? Thank you very much.

If you read the forum 'How to Make Money Day Trading Silver' starting with https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/494388#comment-494388 and carry on from there, he pretty much gives it all away. Hope that helps. Me wonders if Pailin is still toiling away at min.wage for those 2 silver rounds/day or just too occupied otherwise to answer.

+++++++++++

Good stuff. Thank you, Mr.N!

Sat, Mar 16, 2013 - 7:25pm
Rico

Reading about the situation

Reading about the situation in Cyprus reminds me of New Century Financial and the meltdown of MS's CDO funds. It's all, uh...contained...

Glad I still have those SDS calls.

Sat, Mar 16, 2013 - 8:23pm Philharmoniker
pailin

Philharmoniker wrote: Mr.

Philharmoniker wrote:
Mr. Natural wrote:
Philharmoniker wrote:

Pailin, I'd like to invest time in this and I need more details. Do you remember when approx. you posted any info on your gold/silver volatility and RSI games? Why do you no longer play the 5 min RSI method? Thank you very much.

If you read the forum 'How to Make Money Day Trading Silver' starting with https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/494388#comment-494388 and carry on from there, he pretty much gives it all away. Hope that helps. Me wonders if Pailin is still toiling away at min.wage for those 2 silver rounds/day or just too occupied otherwise to answer.

+++++++++++

Good stuff. Thank you, Mr.N!

Hey Mr.Natural thanks for hyperlinking that old RSI thread. Just reread most of it. Anybody that wants to make hay that I'm only out for 'me and mine' and surely there's a better way to benefit mankind (ugh)...read my comments (sorry FREE and successful friggin' trading system :) there...and then go fly a kite.

Sat, Mar 16, 2013 - 8:26pm Rico
pailin

Rico that's Cyprus sh.t is

Rico that's Cyprus sh.t is nuts. I keep wondering when they'll try to pull it on a larger market. Don't say it won't happen...I (sadly) believe it's but a matter of timing :)

Sat, Mar 16, 2013 - 9:11pm
Mr. Natural

Pailin

No need to thank me. I've benefited a great deal from this community in general and your generosity in particular. We all owe a lot to Turd for the gift of this website's functionality and I for one will still be using it on the Wayback Machine (web.archive.org) if he ever decides to pull the plug here. Lots of nuggets from you, atlee, Rico, Titus, SilverWealth, and so many others that I've left marked in the mine.

Use the right tool for the job
Sat, Mar 16, 2013 - 9:12pm
SSK

Just read about the Cyprus

Just read about the Cyprus skim. Holy shit. I've watched so many events unfold the last five years, you just never know if they'll actually be market-altering, life-changing. Right on cue, Sinclair and KWN call it "one of the most important moments in history and in gold." So glad they never fall victim to hyperbole.

We won't know until Monday if this is the beginning of a new shit storm. One potential reaction (besides the obvious pop in the precious) is a monster pop in the Pig. Can the Pig pop and the precious? Sure, why not. This could be the start of a dollar run capable of frustrating dollar holders while the gold price rises in just about every other currency. I can't remember any more if it was the summer of 2011 or 2010 exactly this scenario played. It fucking sucked.

On a political level, I cannot wait to see how Putin responds to the fleecing of his peeps. Gonna pop some corn and some wodka and watch that one from my front porch. The obvious reprisal is the cutting off/slowing down/price gouging of natty gas from Gazprom to fucking everywhere in Euroland. Suddenly, frackgas just might have have a party in the coming months. Got LNG? Speaking of LNG, it's on a full-blown tear, and I can't say I've played the pop even half well, but holy hell, it's been money maker for me. They can't get that Sabrina Pass outfill up and running fast enough.

Ok, I'm done. After all, it's one of the most important moments in history, I just had to pipe in. Who knows, maybe this is even cause for SW to return from his early retirement? Here's hoping.

It's Saturday night and Mrs. SSK is beyond annoyed that I am on the damned computer and not on her.

Toodles . . .

Sat, Mar 16, 2013 - 9:23pm pailin
Rico

pailin wrote: Rico that's

pailin wrote:

Rico that's Cyprus sh.t is nuts. I keep wondering when they'll try to pull it on a larger market. Don't say it won't happen...I (sadly) believe it's but a matter of timing :)

Agreed--the CB ammo is just about spent, so they're going to have to find the money somewhere. Might cause some kind of "European Spring" to get rollin'.

Sat, Mar 16, 2013 - 9:29pm SSK
pailin

SSK wrote: It's Saturday

SSK wrote:

It's Saturday night and Mrs. SSK is beyond annoyed...

Pailin Rule #1 - always keep the missus happy and content, the rest will hold :)

I too look forward to what Monday brings and expect no great gains (probably losses) for metals. After all we're already paychecked in the third best form...USD. Should we complain? Cypriots essentially got overnight revaluation, at least we Amerikans only have to deal with stealth inflation and 'nominal' DOW awesomeness :)

Sat, Mar 16, 2013 - 11:42pm Strawboss
Gold Nugget
-
Klondike, AK

I was not able to log into here for almost a year. suddenly i am logged in. maybe his change in software allowed me to log in. I hope I can log in from now on. Some here might be sorry to see me come back. hahaha. have to put up with my postings again.

I see nothing has changed. The world is still insane. especially in Cyprus today.

I have been enjoying watching the football free agency for the first time in my life. it is kind of interesting watching the multimillion dollar negotiations and changes. wow. they really use people like bowling pins. Rack em up for a new year.

the players all think they are worth millions and the clubs think they are not. and they sort of argue over money. it is interesting that they turn so many people loose and they find new jobs running to a new team. it seems obvious that the league is squeezing the pay over time. they are gaining control over the players. the league wants to end the rise in salaries of the players. It is going to get more difficult for the players as time goes forward.

‘Nine times out of ten when I see an attractive woman walking down the street, I turn and take another look. Ten times out of ten she does not turn around to check me out.’
Sun, Mar 17, 2013 - 3:03am
Titus Andronicus

Yea, it should be interesting

Yea, it should be interesting to see the Sunday night knee jerk to Cyprus.

Also, don't forget this week is a Burnache week.

March 20 FOMC Meeting
Two-day meeting, March 19-20

(This link is useful: https://www.federalreserve.gov/whatsnext.htm)

Sun, Mar 17, 2013 - 8:14am
Rico

Stupid title, but a GREAT

Stupid title, but a GREAT article, for your Sunday coffee:

https://www.minyanville.com/business-news/markets/articles/The-Smartest-...

Sun, Mar 17, 2013 - 8:35am
daveyboy
-
UK

I am not saying that at all,

I am not saying that at all, I know that you are a good person Pailin and you have really helped people out on this. My post about debt is that money is debt, your wealth has come from someone else getting in debt. What angers the average Joe of this world (that is not an idiot) is the literally tens of trillions which is untouched from confiscation. Regardless of what you think of the concept of government, the rule of law has been smashed into tiny fragments. The worst part about it is that while the main page of this site may engage in hyperbole sometimes one of the major issues is not that the ideas are wrong but merely direction and timing. It is quite clear that at least to me when these thefts come to pass in a more uniformed manner that a lot of longs are going to get murdered. All of this as far as I am concerned spells dramatic deflation and so keeping any meaningful amount in the bank is foolish.

Sun, Mar 17, 2013 - 8:54am pailin
Strawboss
-
Washington DC, VA

Pailin - I think I didnt do a

Pailin - I think I didnt do a good job of expressing a deep thought I had and instead, it came across as a potshot - definitely not my intention. For that I am genuinely sorry.

I really understand your position - I really do. Not knocking it. Its just I envision a better way - but, I struggle to adequately explain it.

The concept of "me and mine" scaled up on a global basis just doesn't work. If a solution isn't scalable to that level - its not a viable solution and there must be a better one. Because you are exceptional - I am certain your concept of "me and mine" is far more nuanced that its label (as evidenced by your RSI trading strategy freely given) but, there are many out there that dont understand the nuance and would take "me and mine" to mean something probably far different than what you intend.

Thats the problem with being exceptional. We are, by default - leaders. Whether we like it or not. Or probably more properly expressed - we have followers. People who will follow our lead, whether we like it or not. Because they are sheep.

Many of those sheep probably couldnt figure out a way to put together the $10K to get started with your RSI system. So they disregard it because they lack the vision to make it to your entry point.

pailin wrote:
Strawboss wrote:

Yes it's the answer. Lead by example; the best teacher. And I take potshots for that quite regularly (often here). And now from you. Please take your 'we' elsewhere, it doesn't include me. Trade on!

Jesus Christ is the only true hope that any of us really has. Aaaargh .. the monkeys!!! Trading metals is like playing frogger...there's always a big truck coming.
Sun, Mar 17, 2013 - 9:13am daveyboy
pailin

daveyboy wrote:My post about

daveyboy wrote:

My post about debt is that money is debt, your wealth has come from someone else getting in debt.

What I wrote last wasn't directed at you, it was for Strawboss :)

But I do disagree with your statement above. My wealth (such as it is, never a more relative word!) comes from my hard work and ingenuity (and also risk-taking!) Where somebody else got it...who knows, who cares? The origin of money (and transfer of same) does not require debt. Your statement presumes the very first exchange between two people had a banker in the middle. I doubt that very much! Ever swing by my place, I'd be happy to swap you some art for something else we both agree is of equal value (hint - I'm hungry every 4-6 hours :) I need not USD or GBP to make that transaction happen. But perhaps you do? If so you might be over allocated in GBP.

You've been around here long enough to know that anything can be money. Only the banker fiat system backed by government legal tender and taxation laws requires debt in exchange for money. And even then, only inasmuch as government revenue does not meet obligations. That's the unholy relationship between government and big(gest) business that Mussolini defined as fascism. The biggest business being Central Banks with a captive customer base :)

Getting back on point...don't like the present debt system? Then go Galt and remove yourself from it by withholding your patronage and service to same. Or a more moderate approach is to divest yourself of debt instruments (GBP) as fast as possible at all times. As in each payday. I agree - don't trust the bankers or banks. Cyprus can be anywhere, especially non-EUR since GBP can be revalued for real against itself or others overnight at any time. Keep only your present obligations to them in the system, you know...just what you need for bills each month. And the rest in cash or alternate forms of savings and wealth preservation. Render under to Caesar what is Caesars'. That's the truth of it, it's their 'money' anyway, why is anybody surprised when they come in the night to take it back?

I wouldn't bet on deflation, that's what we call here 'fighting the Fed', typically a losing proposition.

randomness