Pailin's Trading Corner

42393 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sat, Dec 15, 2012 - 11:22am (Reply to #30951)
redwood

Couldn't agree with you more,

Couldn't agree with you more, but to imply no motive as if the key relationship between him and his mother was non existent is insulting (as usual) to the readers. Oh yeah you can believe there is a horrific story there, but we are still accountable for our actions. If nothing else the law (what remains of it) says so.

Ok. My last word I hope on this. He shot his mother "in the face".

Sat, Dec 15, 2012 - 11:51am
SilverWealth
-
Rectal Springs, CA

aapl

I'm not up on any of this and don't even own a smart phone, never have. In the years to come there will be outbreaks of brain and other cancers from this ADHD gadgetry and they are just about the most anti-Zen products ever sold to anyone in human history. I doubt anyone agrees but thats my take. They do not connect anyone. On the contrary they disconnect people from reality and smother them in a world of suffocating gossip and advertisement.

That said AApl is close to rallying bigtime. The bounce will probably be a hard one. The equity markets are also in the window for a steady rally. If your tracking the noise you will not believe that but I would keep in mind what John Tudor Jones said once. That unlike the conventional wisdom he makes most of his money off the bottom and top turns, not in the middle of the action...

Regarding the mass killing. I try and take an historical perspective. This culture's heavily militarized consciousness has slaughtered over 3 million Vietnamese and Iraqi women and children in its most recent incarnation. None of this has been atoned for or even acknowledged. How is it that a blood thirsty society that owes its energy to resource theft and violence expect to remain safe,comfortable and happy at home? In the Buddhist perspective this is impossible. The society itself is doomed to repetitions of this pattern. On every level the media is obsessed with selling violence and militarism to the mass consumer. Football itself is little more than a game metaphor for military strategy,tactics and violence. Across the field of entertainment gross expressions of violence predominate. Violence fascinates the typical American. Its roots are in the Indian genocide and the enslavement of millions of Africans which formed the basis of our economy in its early growth' years. No reparations,atonement or acknowledgment of these heavy waves of our history has ever been seriously made. The well oiled wheel of Karma rolls on..

Sat, Dec 15, 2012 - 12:45pm
SilverWealth
-
Rectal Springs, CA

more b.s.

the cycle of the violence above I think will finally peak around 2040 with the great coming war between humans and androids. This is predicted by several sci fi writers of stature and it makes absolute sense. It also fits the context of causality. The tech and violence obsessed culture creates its ultimate Frankenstein which then turns on it and devours its core. Androids will be so sophisticated and lethal by then that their creators will lose control of the dynamic.

not very optimistic but this I believe is the endgame. Asimov, Arthur Clarke, even J. Cameron see this as quite possible. Makes sense to me and completes the cycle as well. Enjoy your life while you can, a new species will evolve soon enough and the human experiment may end as a mere phase in a greater super cycle.

Sat, Dec 15, 2012 - 1:04pm
SilverWealth
-
Rectal Springs, CA

furthermore

furthermore for those really bored this weekend I would say that what derails a coming confrontation between human and Android is a serious wave retracement of the human story via either massive bio terror or nuclear self-immolation. Bio terror gone out of control could cull world populations by 3 billion. Certainly because it is developed in the laboratories of violent and resource-pirating nations it could easily slip those constraints and turn on its creators. The nuclear endgame would definitely set progress back, kill off tens of millions and change for 100 years the geo-political balance of power. This happens easily if emotions get out of control and reactive around a Cuban Missle type event.

Merry Christmas everyone!

Sat, Dec 15, 2012 - 7:19pm
Lord Henry

froidian slips

Think it was Paul Tudor Jones said that, but I'm probably

getting muddled up with John Paul Sartre, who I think was

the stones lead singer before Johnny Rotten arrived. Dont

think my prose will ever approach delightfulness RW but kind

of you to say. Tried expanding my mind in other ways at school

but quite enjoy writing now, sadly. Think the TMX dropped

a huge clanger allowing short selling on the ventures. Doesnt

matter though. When the borg + vultures finally leave it alone, 20

and 30 baggers will be commonplace imo. Meanwhile focusing more

on the stronger Japanese 225 and weaker Yen, which might still have

a way to go. who knows ? Cant get no satisfaction from my leveraged

gold position at the mo', tho, I do know that , but trying to be patient : )

Wake me up at HUI 200. No, on 2nd thoughts, please dont bother.
Sat, Dec 15, 2012 - 8:51pm (Reply to #30956)
redwood

froidian - that's delightful

froidian - that's delightful mon ami.

Sat, Dec 15, 2012 - 9:14pm (Reply to #30956)
BagOfGold
-
The Universe
XX

Lord Henry...

Lord Henry wrote:

Think it was Paul Tudor Jones said that, but I'm probably

getting muddled up with John Paul Sartre, who I think was

the stones lead singer before Johnny Rotten arrived. Dont

think my prose will ever approach delightfulness RW but kind

of you to say. Tried expanding my mind in other ways at school

but quite enjoy writing now, sadly. Think the TMX dropped

a huge clanger allowing short selling on the ventures. Doesnt

matter though. When the borg + vultures finally leave it alone, 20

and 30 baggers will be commonplace imo. Meanwhile focusing more

on the stronger Japanese 225 and weaker Yen, which might still have

a way to go. who knows ? Cant get no satisfaction from my leveraged

gold position at the mo', tho, I do know that , but trying to be patient : )

Yes!...Yes!...Yes!!!...

Bag Of Gold

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 - 6:13pm
Bum in the library...

just sold my two positions I

just sold my two positions I picked up on Friday for a small profit. I'm afraid we could test the 100DMA and support down just under $32. If not at least I made a decent profit

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 - 6:23pm (Reply to #30959)
pailin

Good move. Sunday night pumps

Good move. Sunday night pumps rarely hold through to daylight.

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Sun, Dec 16, 2012 - 6:25pm
pailin

CT shooting

I consider all news BS (probably to my detriment), so I'm not keeping up with this CT shooting thing. But somebody that is...

Does this stuff hold any water? (If so, major snowjob then)

The Newtown Massacre…the MAJOR DISCREPANCIES LIST

1) As yet, we have not seen any concrete evidence that any child died.

2) As yet, parents have not been allowed to see their children. (Photoshopped pictures do not count.)

3) As of now, I have seen only one unambiguous statement from a grieving parent (Robbie Parker).

4) According to the official story, Adam Lanza was found with his older brother’s ID, and it was not stolen. However, older brother Ryan–who officials say is very cooperative–claims not to have even seen his brother since 2010. Where would Adam get this ID? And why does such use not qualify as a theft?

5) According to the official story, Adam Lanza was wearing a black outfit with a mask and bulletproof vest. Why would he want to hide his identity, and why would he wear a bulletproof vest, if he planned to kill himself?

6) The medical examiner asserts that all wounds were caused by a rifle or other long weapon, and police/FBI say that the school was littered with .223 (rifle) casings. But Adam Lanza was found dead in the school with only handguns–a rifle was found in the trunk of his car. But then he could not possibly have been firing the rifle, and could not have committed the murders. Who did?

7) According to the official story, the killing was tightly confined to two classrooms. But then why were so many children told to close their eyes while leaving the building?

8 ) Joanne Didonato, the principal’s secretary, called in sick on Friday–something she rarely does. So presumably, she must have been awfully ill. Yet she then felt well enough to give an interview. “Of all days,” she said, emphasizing the strange coincidence.

9) The hospital went into lockdown and cleared four trauma rooms, but received only three patients, two of them dead children (according to the official story) and one mildly wounded adult.

10) Why were there such persistent reports that Mrs. Lanza was a kindergarten teacher, and that she died at the school, when the new official story is that she was not connected to the school and was killed at home?

11) What happened to the report that Adam Lanza’s girlfriend and another friend were missing in New Jersey?

12) What happened to the woodsman in a black jacket and camo pants who was arrested and handcuffed outside the school? He actually shouted to parents, “It wasn’t me.” Who was he and what was he doing there?

13) What happened to the dark van or SUV that the police surrounded in the parking lot, or the maroon sedan with a blown-out back window they were on the lookout for?

14) The official story is that Nancy Lanza was a gun collector who obeyed the law. But since 20-year-olds are not permitted to buy guns or ammo or carry guns in Connecticut, why would she give her “autistic” son access to both guns and ammo?

15) Why were parents told on Friday that “if you haven’t been reunited with your child by now it’s already over”? Does anyone imagine that real parents of real children would simply say, “Okay, the show’s over, let’s go home now”?

16) Would real parents of real children really be satisfied with (possibly photoshopped) pictures of their children? Wouldn’t they demand to see their children one last time firsthand?

17) According to the official story, 28 people died but only 1 was wounded. The dead included 20 small, squirmy children–difficult targets even for professionals. How could Adam Lanza achieve such amazingly deadly accuracy, in such a short length of time?

etc etc...rest here - https://www.brotherjohnf.com/archives/108041

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Sun, Dec 16, 2012 - 7:04pm
Rico

@Pailin, Here's another for

@Pailin,

Here's another for the list:

Why were the very first wire stories on this demands for gun control?? That's what really jumped out at me...

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 - 7:36pm (Reply to #30962)
Gramp
-
New England

Rico wrote: @Pailin, Here's

Rico wrote:

@Pailin,

Here's another for the list:

Why were the very first wire stories on this demands for gun control?? That's what really jumped out at me...

my thoughts as well Rico.

A terrible trend that has developed in just the past few years.

Guys are wearing the Bullet Proof vests so they can kill as many as possible. Sick Fuck. Not even worth our breath or keystrokes

~ Even a dead Fish can go with the flow ~
Sun, Dec 16, 2012 - 7:38pm (Reply to #30963)
redwood

Well that makes three.

Well that makes three.

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 - 7:41pm (Reply to #30954)
redwood

Androids and humans

Androids have yet to outsmart humans, and quite frankly don't think it will happen.

Ever thought we'd have brain transplants? Well in the Journal of Tissue Engineering, Aug. 2012 investigators have grown brain parts in the lab, after discovering that embryonic stems cells differentiate into neural precursors. The process is controlled by the protein chordin. Dr. Yoshiki Sasai, leading the research has shown that within specialized media these "brain balls" can differentiate into hypothalamic, cortical and even visual tissue. Retinal transplants are not too far off and transplants for Parkinson's is a good possibility.

So while I don't agree that intellectually we can be outstripped by the technology we create, I do agree that our ultimate downfall will be connected not with our advanced brains, but our primal brains, the seat of all passion that embodies our capacity for destruction. That's where it has been historically, where it is now and gravely I think will be tomorrow.

The massacre is yet one more reminder, whether is is the action of an enraged youth or the makings of a some deranged psyop.

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 - 8:59pm
Lord Henry

Hi Guys, Keef, Mick,Ronny Redwood + especially BOG of course

Well, I really should be fast asleep after a long day...

but here I am, trying to defend my gold spreadbet,

the moonshot that just keeps on falling into new craters...

just doubled up at 1690. A sort of makeshift pivot point

I guess. Will aim to exit this new position at 1700 ish,

and just leave the original holding to fight the good fight.

Sometimes all the fundos seem there, but just no dice.

Never mind. No point getting stressed .

Wake me up at HUI 200. No, on 2nd thoughts, please dont bother.
Sun, Dec 16, 2012 - 9:36pm
Strawboss
-
Washington DC, VA

I think as a species we are

I think as a species we are doomed. Our progress as a species is absolutely amazing - the innovations, inventions, discoveries, etc... unfortunately, we channel those amazing acheivements into new and improved ways to kill more and more people. We currently possess the means to kill probably all human life on the planet - several times over. I have no doubt that as time goes by, the means to kill will continue to be refined/improved.

Sadly, its only a matter of time before a genocidal maniac - the likes of whom the world has never seen - gets positioned into power and be given the "keys".

Humans are possessed with dual natures - capable of both good and evil. As we progress, and the attributes of both good/evil are magnified - the scale of what we are capable of continues to expand. That fact virtually guarantees our demise as a species.

Jesus Christ is the only true hope that any of us really has. Aaaargh .. the monkeys!!! Trading metals is like playing frogger...there's always a big truck coming.
Sun, Dec 16, 2012 - 10:44pm
redwood

http://seekingalpha.com/artic

https://seekingalpha.com/article/1067161-the-fed-prints-more-money-the-g...

From a favored commenter: "The time to go into any [gold and silver] positions will be this week. Come 2013 it may be too late".

SLW warrants have been very quiet in trading in the last few weeks. I have rarely seen the volume so low. I have the sense that this signals more reticence to sell than to buy. We'll see.

Sun, Dec 16, 2012 - 11:14pm
redwood

Quadruple witching Friday Dec. 21, 2012.

Quadruple witching on Dec. 21, 2012, no less.

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 - 1:23am
Silverman

Silver chart

Silver weekly stochastics crossed and pointing down. Looks like it will be full blown correction.

Mon, Dec 17, 2012 - 1:30am
Silverman

Retracement levels

If it falls 50% level we'll see 30.50 silver, if 61% it will be 29.50 silver.

randomness