Pailin's Trading Corner

42650 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 4:19pm
SilverWealth
-
Rectal Springs, CA

afterhours

watching the ES March contract afterhours, if it moves over 1416 I will take some long positions for tomorrow since it completed an exact 3 wave down to 1410 and then bounced, a somewhat bullish sign.

it is a Christmas gift that my tail gunner and long suffering friend in arms, SSK MacEnroe has told me of LNGs fortunes. I had left it for dead in the bottom of the port collecting mold and sleeping with rat droppings. I did not want to admit to yet another ignominious failure. Like Ishmael, LNG was left adrift on the high sea amongst the smoldering ruins of a once Tall Ship, now scattered like match sticks across the gray old face of Davey Jones.

so nice to have it return from the dead, barnacled though it may be and covered in welts and the slime of a hundred foul urchins.

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 4:58pm
redwood

SW

So nice to have you return as well so that we may hear the ring of your eloquent prose. It has shall we say a calming effect on the nail biting habits of traders.

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 6:25pm
Deluxe186
-
NY

Brotherjohnf also said bank

Brotherjohnf also said bank of america was going bankrupt AFTER warren buffet bought it! (I cringe everytime he who shall not be named posts something but thats just me)

I talked with my buddy who's high up at jpm and made the call on qe3 in june. What he had to say market was a little upset the qe4 was backloaded they wanted gdp targeting since employment is a lagging indicator. He also started talking about a friend at lazard he's a trader although lately for the last year more of a buyer. Every week he has between 10 and 100 mill sent to him to keep buying for something like 40 straight weeks there's been NOTHING but inflows. Just what I heard thought I'd share.

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 6:50pm
redwood

I expect miners to be down

I expect miners to be down again tomorrow based on today's trading. As an aside, there is a significant change in the direction of the market at critical junctures when you see hundreds of thousands of shares being processed each time a certain buy/ purchase price has been reached. I've watched it often enough that it seldom fails. For eg. direction of miners was forecast @ 10:00 am, @ 2:00 pm and 3:45 pm. today.

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 - 7:59am
Big Buffalo

AAPL

Anybody care to share charts and analysis? It's back under $518.

Will it hold $500, is there still support at $475?

Ba-zinga!
Fri, Dec 14, 2012 - 9:31am Big Buffalo
Unknwn

Aurcana Announces Commercial

Aurcana Announces Commercial Production at Shafter Mine in Texas

VANCOUVER, BRITISH COLUMBIA--(Marketwire - Dec. 14, 2012) -Aurcana Corporation ("Aurcana" or the "Company") (TSX VENTURE:AUN)(OTCQX:AUNFF) is pleased to announce that the commissioning and testing phase has been successfully completed and the Shafter Mine in Texas is now in commercial production.

GLTA today!

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 - 9:35am Big Buffalo
Bum in the library...

I have a trendline around

I have a trendline around $483 for AAPL that I may buy at. . .

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 - 10:31am
Eman Laer
-
FL

USLV vs bullion

USLV and silver bullion are both about $32.50 per share/ounce today. So, which would you rather buy if you had to choose one?

I swing trade by the seat of my pants, but I do make a little profit somehow. Any comments I make about my trades should be taken with a grain of salt, and maybe as a contrarian indicator.
Fri, Dec 14, 2012 - 10:56am
SilverWealth
-
Rectal Springs, CA

comment

have lower counts as possible in the SS GDX to the 42s if anyone is interested. Bugs will need to be washed out and left like rotting roaches on the boiler room floor it seems, odes will be written, tales told around wretched campfires. The vicious and the weary will remain, the rest will be recycled into the abyss and shat out the back end of the galaxy like so much space garbage.

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 - 11:23am Bum in the library...
Rico

Bum in the library...

Bum in the library... wrote:

I have a trendline around $483 for AAPL that I may buy at. . .

Yeah, that's about right for the trendline. Buying there is a no-brainer.

People need to remember that the selling is cliff/hedgie related. New money comes into the mkt after the first of the year, and they are going to be looking for profitable companies. There's not too many to pick from--do the math.

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 - 12:43pm
Big Buffalo

Come on NUGT

I need you back at 10.45, I want moar!

Ba-zinga!
Fri, Dec 14, 2012 - 12:58pm
Bum in the library...

buying some SI in the 32.20

buying some SI in the 32.20 area right now. . . will buy more if it drops too

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 - 1:14pm
SilverWealth
-
Rectal Springs, CA

Kid Rico

I remember a while ago you were buying down into aapl. Are you still doing that trade or are you waiting for lower levels? It could still track all the way down to 447 which is right around where it started on up in January I think. Lots of baseball mitts being sold at Dicks Sporting Goods to catch it down there so don't know if it will make it that far. Right now the AAPL killing field reminds me a lot of the tech flame-outs of 2000 or the last scene in "Platoon".

Conclusione del film Platoon in italiano
Fri, Dec 14, 2012 - 1:35pm
Rico

SWap Dealers

Oh, yeah, I've still got core positions, across multiple accts. I did lighten up a bit a while back when it looked like something really bad might happen, like a flash crash. On the other hand, I also calculated a 40% drop, and put limit buy orders in, down there (which obviously haven't been hit.)

Basically, I have looked at AAPL probably more than any stock I can think of, and I just can't find the flaw. The negative PR pieces paid for by the Big Money, that are then regurgitated verbatim as "journalism" by the MSM, are the tell. There is almost a panicky feeling to them wanting to get the price down, and it's all BS.

I anticipate a minimum 30% return on AAPL for 2013. When you've got serious change riding, that ain't cheese. Maybe that's not as glamorous as a potential 5 bagger in some Tazmanian prospect generator, but I'll take it--comin' and goin'.

P.S. LOVE Platoon--been an Oliver Stone fan, ever since. I could definitely do some drinking with that guy (if I was still drinking--he's prolly stopped, too)...

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 - 2:14pm SilverWealth
redwood

Thanks SW.  Pleasure to

Thanks SW. Pleasure to listen to, even though content is tragic.

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 - 2:41pm
redwood

Well I've had a helluva day

Well I've had a helluva day trading DUST/NUGT today. Missed a few beats but the charts get easier and easier to read and I'm loving it. At least its been worth the time I've put into it. But ask me another day and perhaps I'll give a different answer.

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 - 2:54pm Rico
rtabit
-
Occoquan, VA

Rico wrote: Basically, I have

Rico wrote:

Basically, I have looked at AAPL probably more than any stock I can think of, and I just can't find the flaw.

I'm not one to trade on fundamentals, but if I was I'd be really worried about slow growth. Their products are way overrated, Windows Phone 8 is at minimum as good as IPhone, Windows 8 as good as IPad, and for a hell of a lot cheaper. The only question is will people give these products a chance, the best product does not always win (WebOS). If they do give them a chance, AAPL better look out, it'll go back to having a product customer base of geeky snob IT types, and lose its current customer base of teenage girls and fags.

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 - 3:12pm
SilverWealth
-
Rectal Springs, CA

Rico's AAPL

I'm wondering though about the competition and how many Samsung droids are being sold all over the place and AAPL certainly won't have the growth in the entertainment markets it had so easily in the music area with the I-pod. And Jobs is gone, he's transmigrated by now, either a toadstool or rice farmer in Burma be he.

I think it could make for great swing trades in the coming year if your really smart but as a growth stock, I am not so sure. It may be retired to that slow growth Island off of Guam who's mayor is Bill Gates. I cannot say. I am not a futurist. But all great stories end up looking like a frickin Bell Curve, you know that.

Fri, Dec 14, 2012 - 3:31pm
Big Buffalo

AAPL

505 - 506

Ba-zinga!
Fri, Dec 14, 2012 - 3:58pm
Lord Henry

borganomics dilemma

when the various borgs have finally paralysed,

devoured then regurgitated the very last retail

investor with their manic volatility agenda, sadly

for them , the only victims remaining to target

will become themselves. The borg will mutate

into cannibal-hunter-predator, and the final

triumphant borg's victory glory will be soon over-

shadowed by death by starvation, or possibly suicide.

These are the only possible outcomes (imo). Until then,

we must lie low and hide invisibly between the bid/ask spreads.

Meanwhile, the tech stock revival is largely dependent on more

people feeling the need to find new ways of wasting their time and

their money , and will not truly gather apace until a new post recession

era dawns, perhaps in 2014. Likewise , my last prognosis on the

juniors is that 2013 will be a fullblooded affair with a full third of

the tsx(v) disappearing into the vapid mists of Toronto, onto to rise

majestically and phoenix like once again in 2014 : )

Wake me up at HUI 200. No, on 2nd thoughts, please dont bother.
randomness