Pailin's Trading Corner

42791 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 11:09am
SilverWealth
-
Rectal Springs, CA

nothing changes

I come back on here for 2 minutes and you guys are beating up on Maynard G. Krebbs again?

Some things never change...

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 11:11am
BlackHawk
-
Truman Lake, MO

S&P, Intrade and the fifth wave

The S&P is giving me a real bad feeling this morning. We started with GOOG holding it up for the open and AAPL gapping down on the open from yesterday's close. I'm no TA expert, but is that an island top (Nov. 19 gap to today)?

If the fifth wave is going to kick in, it better be soon. And then there's the always pessimistic Tyler news to consider, 16% chance of the fiscal cliff resolution by years' end on Intrade. Americans have to liquidate all Intrade positions so this may be a factor pushing that number down. Thank goodness the guv'mint protects us from trading Intrade and leveraged Forex gold and silver.

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2012-12-12/odds-debt-ceilingfiscal-cliff-deal-year-end-plummet-16-intrade#comments

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 11:20am Rico
Eman Laer
-
FL

Rico wrote: @eman, Take your

Rico wrote:

@eman,

Take your endless ad hominems, and blow 'em out your ass...

I don't think you understand what an ad hominem attack is. Here's one definition:

An ad hominem

(Latin for "to the man"), short for argumentum ad hominem, is an argument made personally against an opponent, instead of against the opponent's argument.

See? When I accused you of hyperbole/ignorance I was not attacking the opponent, I was attacking the opponent's arguments. Hence, I am not using ad hominems.

Also, you've provided several great examples of ad hominems in the past so you really don't have a leg to stand on anyway. Consequently you should blow'em out of your own ass...

I swing trade by the seat of my pants, but I do make a little profit somehow. Any comments I make about my trades should be taken with a grain of salt, and maybe as a contrarian indicator.
Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 11:23am pailin
Eman Laer
-
FL

pailin wrote: @Dobie Gillis -

pailin wrote:

@Dobie Gillis - it's a mistake thinking my words are free ammunition to use against others. Try living it before dumping on it.

Clearly your words, which I agree with wholeheartedly, are free, and it's my prerogative to use them in a debate.

I swing trade by the seat of my pants, but I do make a little profit somehow. Any comments I make about my trades should be taken with a grain of salt, and maybe as a contrarian indicator.
Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 11:23am pailin
BlackHawk
-
Truman Lake, MO

@pailin and @rico

Ding, ding, ding.

You're the best pailin, seriously. Please don't don't give up on us fools.

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 11:26am pailin
Eman Laer
-
FL

pailin wrote: @Dobie Gillis -

pailin wrote:

@Dobie Gillis - it's a mistake thinking my words are free ammunition to use against others. Try living it before dumping on it.

Clearly your words, which I agree with wholeheartedly, are free, and it's my prerogative to use them in a debate.

I appreciate the subtle way you tried to teach Rico something, but I don't think it was stated plainly enough to have the desired effect.

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 11:30am pailin
Eman Laer
-
FL

pailin wrote: Eman Laer

pailin wrote:
Eman Laer wrote:

Will silver be $60 before it's $20?

I have no idea.

Of course you don't, no one does. But Rico doesn't seem to have the balanced perspective that you (and SW) have. You understand the value of owning bullion and that we're in a bull market for PM's. Rico does not.

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 11:32am
RunRunRun

absolutes

Agree we shouldn't be talking about certainties, and doing so is potentially dangerous. Everything is probabilistic. I think it is probable that monetary policy will lead to a PM breakout in 2013, roughly similar in design to the breakout in late 2009. Who knows though. Much can happen. Other outcomes are also possible, and the probability assigned to them is subjective.

I appreciate the cautious (sometimes caustic) commentary here, and I'm learning from the combined experience of posters. This is definitely the best part of the site by miles.

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 11:33am SilverWealth
BlackHawk
-
Truman Lake, MO

A Simple Pleasure

Quote:
beating up on Maynard G. Krebbs again

If only he would drop that radio into his bathwater today. Why post pone the inevitable dumba$$ move?

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 11:35am Eman Laer
pailin

Eman Laer wrote: pailin

Eman Laer wrote:
pailin wrote:

I appreciate the subtle way you tried to teach Rico something, but I don't think it was stated plainly enough to have the desired effect.

Only by changing the meaning (and since I'm moody let's just go with twisting instead), can that be true. I used the words of BlackHawk and Rico as a jumping off point to engage in a personal tangent. I wasn't attacking or teaching either of them anything. Rico is a reprobate. There's no teaching him anything anyway :)

Ever look in the mirror and ponder why nearly all (all?) your posts in PTC are negative and argumentative? Cuz you sure can kill a buzz...

Getting old for me at least...

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 11:38am BlackHawk
Eman Laer
-
FL

BlackHawk

BlackHawk wrote:
Quote:
beating up on Maynard G. Krebbs again

If only he would drop that radio into his bathwater today. Why post pone the inevitable dumba$$ move?

See Rico? This is a better example of an argumentum ad hominem.

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 11:40am Eman Laer
pailin

Eman Laer wrote: pailin

Eman Laer wrote:
pailin wrote:
Eman Laer wrote:

Will silver be $60 before it's $20?

I have no idea.

Of course you don't, no one does. But Rico doesn't seem to have the balanced perspective that you (and SW) have. You understand the value of owning bullion and that we're in a bull market for PM's. Rico does not.

You're wrong on all counts. Sorry buddy. I question the "value" and "bull" every day and Rico (unless he sold) has quite a collection of monster boxes and graded coins.

Sigh. The only reason I'm playing with you today is I've nothing better to do. Don't expect that to last long, just need somebody to step up green in hand for a painting and >poof< I'll be gone again :)

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 11:47am pailin
Eman Laer
-
FL

pailin wrote: You're wrong on

pailin wrote:

You're wrong on all counts. Sorry buddy. I question the "value" and "bull" every day and Rico (unless he sold) has quite a collection of monster boxes and graded coins.

Questioning the situation is healthy of course.

Rico wrote:

3) The "stacking" angle is bullshit.

If Rico does indeed own bullion perhaps that's why he gets so emotional about it.

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 11:51am BlackHawk
pailin

BlackHawk wrote: Ding, ding,

BlackHawk wrote:

Ding, ding, ding.

You're the best pailin, seriously. Please don't don't give up on us fools.

Not dead yet :)

Just struggling with why the easy way is so hard for so many?

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 12:01pm Eman Laer
BlackHawk
-
Truman Lake, MO

Dear Emal. Best wishes

and don't let the door hit you on your way out.

Dear Self-Proclaimed Noble Libertarian:

When you refer to the ignorance of a person by name (Rico/BlackHawk) that is a personal (ad hominem) attack.

Do you think your role should be the permanent disruptive presence in the hall? if so, why?

Love and best wishes,

The Hall Monitor (your label)

PS - What was that comment about nursing and rico about the other day? I didn't get it.

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 12:03pm
pailin

200 DMA

Today per Netdania it's $30.80. Having secured my target stack size over the summer, I'm not even tempted to buy bullion over that price. And because I like working the GSR to my advantage, not interested in gold at all. Too expensive (in silver that is).

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 12:11pm BlackHawk
Eman Laer
-
FL

BlackHawk wrote: and don't

BlackHawk wrote:

and don't let the door hit you on your way out.

I'm not planning on leaving. On the other hand you've mentioned leaving a few times and I wonder what the point of that is....

BlackHawk wrote:

When you refer to the ignorance of a person by name (Rico/BlackHawk) that is a personal (ad hominem) attack.

Ignorance is simply the lack of knowledge which is nothing to be ashamed of in and of itself. We're all ignorant about something so it's not a personal attack. A personal attack is when you call someone a dumba$$.

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 12:29pm BlackHawk
Eman Laer
-
FL

BlackHawk wrote:PS - What

BlackHawk wrote:

PS - What was that comment about nursing and rico about the other day? I didn't get it.

Eman Laer wrote:
Rico wrote:

I see Turd's seminar has energized the Corner to embrace a Pitchfork for every occasion! I must say it's a great way to put lots and lots of lines on a chart, and gives a cool visual effect.

GLTA

Did your mother nurse you?

When Rico made sarcastic comments about using pitchforks, a tool that some here at PTC appreciate, I wondered why Rico seemed to be so needing of attention. It's similar to when you say repeatedly that you're going to leave PTC...

That comment I made about Rico nursing got 6 hat tips, more than any other I've made on PTC.

Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 12:55pm
Corsair

To all the PTC regulars

Please avoid posting Eman's comments in any of your posts. I have him on IU for a reason and this defeats the purpose of doing so as I can't resist reading your wonderfully written stuff.

To Eman, please just go away.

Back to lurking.

"The closest we get to perfection is writing our resumes."
Thu, Dec 13, 2012 - 12:56pm SilverWealth
redwood

Was that his name??  All

Was that his name?? All those years of Gilligan's Island...... I always thought he was a bit of dick anyway.