Pailin's Trading Corner

42628 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 12:36pm
redwood

"hope you're right rw" ??

"hope you're right rw" ?? Shit its short form for redwood. Duh??

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 12:37pm
Titus Andronicus

I don't think the FOMC minutes will "disappoint"

I have trouble imagining how the FOMC minutes are going to "disappoint" today. I mean, they DID turn on QE3 during the last meeting.

And both of the Debating Robot Parties want calmed slave citizens during election season. (i.e. My guess is that stocks should be going up after the minutes are released.)

The trouble I have with this guess is that it would/should send gold over $1800. Is today really the day?

My time-of-day trading has caught most of the move so far. I'm still long.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 12:44pm
pailin

What's the Better Buy - Gold or Silver?

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 12:51pm uki
Titus Andronicus

@uki

Yes, that short covering in 2004 does not fit into the pattern I'm talking about.

The only thing I can say about it is that:

1) Silver was under $6 at the time. (Very close to the bottom of the market.)

2) The commercials had just finished dumping an unprecedented amount of shorts on the market during the 12 months prior.

3) Price was resuming it's rise after a mini-crash.

It seems like a one-off event, so I don't have a particular theory about why they chose to buy into strength at that time. But your right, it doesn't fit into the paradigm I'm talking about.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 12:53pm
redwood

I wish I could agree with you

I wish I could agree with you Titus. But I don't see it. I REALLY hope you're right.

Another reason why I'm really beginning to wonder whether O will win. We know he is not a favourite among many elites. And he may just not be prepared to play ball with war in ME.

Last night he let out a real faux pas. He told his wife that next year he would not be celebrating his wedding anniversary in front of 40 M. A faux pas on many levels. First this is supposed to be a serious debate, not an opportunity to throw your wife kisses. Secondly it foreshadows the possibility that he will not be in the limelight a year from now. He presented himself almost like a whipped boy. Did anyone else notice how his jaw muscles twitched almost throughout the entired debate? Very anxious and angry. We know he is quite emasculated, but this was an odd time to be showing this facade so blatantly. The FIRST debate before an election. No, no something has gone awry imo.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 1:21pm redwood
BlackHawk
-
Truman Lake, MO

@redwood

He is giving the election away, or at least trying to. He came to lose and he did. The economy is going to tank HARD. It might be a calculated gambit of the Democrats to let the Republican Party die with Mitt Romney at the helm as the U.S. ship of economic state hits the iceberg.

@emaN emaL My objecting to people talking smack about a politician on PTC is an endorsement of the politician? Yeah right. Maybe you can brush up your reading skills on Sesame Street. This is Palin's Trading Corner.

Not that it matters, but I am voting for Jill Stein.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 1:26pm BlackHawk
Eman Laer
-
FL

BlackHawk wrote: @emaN emaL

BlackHawk wrote:

@emaN emaL My objecting to people talking smack about a politician on PTC is an endorsement of the politician? Yeah right. Maybe you can brush up your reading skills on Sesame Street. This is Palin's Trading Corner.

I seems like I wasn't the only one with difficulty understanding you. Maybe it's you who lacks communication skills. Just sayin'...

If I had understood your hall monitor mentality I might have gotten what you were saying.

I swing trade by the seat of my pants, but I do make a little profit somehow. Any comments I make about my trades should be taken with a grain of salt, and maybe as a contrarian indicator.
Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 1:27pm
SilverWealth
-
Rectal Springs, CA

O.

O. is an interesting case study in fraud and false identity.

I trained long enough to know as an actor when someone is 'acting' and hollow and when they are authentic. There is nothing authentic about Barry. I'm sure as well that when he arrived in So Cal many years ago that he thought about becoming an actor, that way would secure money and fame for him and alot of imposters try in on the profession when they first get here. He must have quickly realized that he had no talent so what better pursuit than politics? Hollywood for plain people.

Most telling line last night was when Mitt said that he had 5 boys and he learned that when anyone of them started to lie repeatedly he recognized it and realized that no matter how often the lie was told, its still a lie. That was a body blow to Hopey McChange who's entire life is a facade, a lie and a pose. Say what you want about Romney, he is also far more intelligent than Obama. Obama tries to 'act' intelligent. I remember at Berkeley all the kids in affirmative action programs. Same style. Pose. They were terrifically self-conscious about being at a big University and so they imitated everything. Obama doesn't even own his race or heritage and seems very confused about it. There's no ownership of self to him like any narcissist desperate to please and thereby garner adoration.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 1:29pm
Vypuero
-
Philadephia, PA

Jill Stein?

Voting for a Green Party Communist? Were you joking? Just move to Venezuela instead. For the record I also specifically spoke about how every statement made was a lie - short on details, but can you refute it? Sounds like you love the idea of collectivism, just not the current party apparachiks.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 1:34pm
Gold1776

Just drop the BS - Who is ready for a breakout?

I think we are going to get our break one way or another very soon.

I am not going to lie - it makes me nervous that we are rising ahead of the minutes - I would rather it be dropping into the release. Who knows - we still have a shot at that here in the next 30 minutes. If we get it - I would be a buyer.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 1:36pm
Vypuero
-
Philadephia, PA

I think we break both $35 and $1800

by Friday - and hold - they will then act as resistance

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 1:39pm
SteveW
-
BC
Canada

Black gold

Chasing the rise in HOU (UCO substitute), currently 8%, with tight stops. Will sell before market close.

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” ― Albert Camus
Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 1:42pm
kevsta
-
Ibiza
Spain

Silver bollinger squeeze again..

I cant be arsed to do the multi timeframe charts again but silver is now looking explosive once again on my system, we have bollinger squeezes in play on the 1 hourly, 4 hourly, and daily charts once again, and are above all the ma support and looking like breaking out, we just need the headline catalyst.

of course if the catalyst was negative, or there is a heavy smackdown, the squeeze *could* fire downwards, but it all looks up to me at the moment, and last when gold was in the similar daily squeeze that fired us from $1600 to just about $1800.

we shall see.

"There are only 10 types of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who do not."
The 2 secrets of success - 1. Never tell all that you know..
Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 1:50pm
redwood

Metals and miners are

Metals and miners are dropping before the meeting. I've seen this many times and not usually a good sign. Hate to be such a drip and I hope I'm wrong.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 1:53pm
Titus Andronicus

Hey Rico!

Did you get run over by a car?

Did you contract syphilis?

Did SilverWealth hurt your feelings?

Shane...Come Back
Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 1:56pm
pailin

Only a guess but his final

Only a guess but his final GLTA message came within a day of the flap over his hillbillies (or whatever) Pain St comment. Correlation?

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 1:57pm
Corsair

re: which is better buy Gold or Silver?

prior to taking the poll, I felt neither since GSR is near mid-point(low is 30's and high is 80's).

the poll showed 80% silver.

"The closest we get to perfection is writing our resumes."
Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 1:57pm Vypuero
rtabit
-
Occoquan, VA

Vypuero wrote: by Friday -

Vypuero wrote:

by Friday - and hold - they will then act as resistance

I agree, and I'll also predict that gold hits 1860 on the 15th. I think you mean support.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 1:59pm Vypuero
BlackHawk
-
Truman Lake, MO

What lie are you talking about?

Be specific. Use a fact checker site to back up your claim. I didn't watch the debate. What you got Vyp?

These are the 36 countries that have healthcare system that rank higher than the US. I am considering moving to one of those countries so that I can afford to stay alive. I have an insulin pump. Without insulin my blood sugar is 500+ within four hours. I would prolly die within 2-3 days without it. The insulin alone costs $600 every single month at Walmart. I order it from Canada online now for $95 delivered to my door from Turkey, the same manufacturer, Ely Lilly. Get it? That is a 600% markup in the US for the same life necessity.

We are being gamed big time. Play politics all you want, count your money, hang on to your insurance and when you lose them, struggle until you die.

Collectivism my ass! Are you Nucking Futs? Apparachik repug Dupe! Get a clue.

https://www.businessinsider.com/best-healthcare-systems-in-the-world-2012-6#36-costa-rica-1

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 2:04pm
pailin

Cripes that's some upside

Cripes that's some upside down math BlackHawk! Good for you finding a workaround that hasn't been sewed up yet!!

randomness