Pailin's Trading Corner

42673 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 10:50am
Silverman

Heikin candles

This is daily heikin chart for silver. Yesterday's candle was clearly consolidation. Today's looking much stronger. So next few days might be strong for metals. I just don't see reason to fall sharply.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 10:55am
Silverman

Without tail is strength of

Without tail is strength of the trend.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 10:58am
SilverWealth
-
Rectal Springs, CA

presidents

Never has it been more evident that the Emperor is Wearing No Clothes. The past two presidents have been classic examples of that and resulted in a huge joke on the American public. I don't have a feeling for one minute that Barry actually leads the government. And the little bush was a moron.

Bush senior was a hitman out of the CIA and an operator. Clinton was a borderline psycho and committed con artist. Both of them were skilled in the crimes they engaged.

BlackHawk's protests about O. just highlight my point. Women are suckers for the graying bi-sexual and that is really his only strong base, the one that will probably carry him into the end zone on Nov. 4th. In the end though it doesn't really matter. Most all socail concerns and issues are wrapped in cheap newspaper and thrown to the plebs as bait during every election season. The real issues are who is running this country, the Military and the Banksters and the power behind the scenes imo.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 11:04am Vypuero
Bum in the library...

thanks for the advice.  I am

thanks for the advice. I am working on that and actually getting better at it. Half of this is psychological.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 11:08am
MisesFan
-
Bloomington, IN

@BH

Quit pushing the Democrats "fear based" propaganda re: healthcare/obamacare.

It does nothing to improve the health care situtation........it is merely additional taxation and increased government control over the individual.

https://mises.org/daily/3855

https://mises.org/daily/3737/

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 11:10am
SilverWealth
-
Rectal Springs, CA

Maund

I am wondering if Clive's shorts are soiled this morning?

more of this sort of thing to come imo. Micro-calling and trading the metals as they begin to really run will be more and more difficult and old patterns will end up invariably in the garbage heap along with Dell home computers and Adelphia cable.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 11:11am Silverman
mje173
-
NYC, NY

Hey, I agree with technical

Hey, I agree with technical and fundamental analysis as much as you guys -- HOWEVER, we all know the truth: Gold and Silver are massively manipulated markets.

Sometimes it's small manipulation: like today where the lows were pre-NYSE hours. Sometimes it's big manipulation, where silver drops $7 in 5 minutes on a Sunday evening.

When you're dealing with that type of market, you cannot rely on technical analysis alone. You have to try and read between the lines a bit. I think our best bet into this are two fold: COT reports, where the cartel leaves footprints, and lease rates. Lease rates are an un-confirmed source of utility, but when they're negative, watch out below, because the Fed has already published documents that they and other central banks around the world stand at the ready to lease gold and silver in order to depress the price of these currencies on a world wide scale if the need arises.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 11:16am
pailin

@BlackHawk

Not sure if I was included in the no substance group for my comments (or not?), but for me the toothpaste is out of the tube. For all politicians. All parties. Dare I say...all governments further out than the borders of my property? My money is where my mouth is. I enjoy the intangible goodness of America (no armed child gangs chasing me down the street, etc.) but otherwise am unemployed, do not have any benefits coming in (of any kind) and don't expect or hope (or file for) any. I did it on my own (in the easiest country to do it - I admit this) and my cheap@ss saved/invested most of it - all at my own risk and consumption deferral. I expect the full reward I've earned for that risk and no favors from anybody other than friends and family. If they'll have me. Sorry. Hope we can still be friends :)

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 11:17am BlackHawk
Grigeo

MEET MONSANTO’S NUMBER ONE LOBBYIST: BARACK OBAMA

https://jonrappoport.wordpress.com/2012/09/24/meet-monsantos-number-one-lobbyist-barack-obama/

Trading related....

"The deck was stacked. Obama hadn’t simply made honest mistakes. Obama hadn’t just failed to exercise proper oversight in selecting appointees. He wasn’t just experiencing a failure of short-term memory. He was staking out territory on behalf of Monsanto and other GMO corporate giants....

"Nor does it seem coincidental that two of the Obama’s biggest supporters, Bill Gates and George Soros, purchased 900,000 and 500,000 shares of Monsanto, respectively, in 2010."

Maybe I should pay more attention to what the Reptilians Gates & Soros are buying and selling.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 11:24am
Vypuero
-
Philadephia, PA

@Silverman

I use those! I actually combine the HA Candles with Ichimoku as my strategy and trade the Kumo break. It has been successful so far and I will stick with it. I am also thinking of combining a weekly HA strategy with daily pivots - where the weekly tells me the trend (bullish, bearish, or neutral) and that dictates how I use the pivots that week. Still working on it but it looks promising.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 11:31am
TPaine
-
Nunya

since y'all are talking

since y'all are talking politics...

(I'm not a nimble day-trader. Cash account, no margin and settlement periods makes swing trading more my style)
Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 11:35am
Eman Laer
-
FL

Every POTUS is worse than the

Every POTUS is worse than the previous.

Anyone who can defend Obama after NDAA 2012 and Anwar Awlaki is deluded.

If Romney wins he'll be worse than Obama. If Obama wins he'll be worse than he has already been.

My favorite political quote comes from Doug Casey - "Don't vote, it only encourages the bastards."

I swing trade by the seat of my pants, but I do make a little profit somehow. Any comments I make about my trades should be taken with a grain of salt, and maybe as a contrarian indicator.
Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 11:45am
redwood

Perhaps the most important

Perhaps the most important point is who wins the elections. If O is to be voted out they will make no effort to paint it pretty where the economy is concerned. Like as with McCain. That could affect the markets big time. The only reason I watched that stupid debate where both had no substance to offer, just pockets void of air. You know that space where you can't breathe.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 11:50am
redwood

Metals have done their thing

Metals have done their thing before FOMC. I'm expecting a take down this afternoon.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 12:05pm
BlackHawk
-
Truman Lake, MO

Please show me where

I made a plug FOR Obama or Obamacare? Did I advocate either? For fook sake you guys.. Let's all divide and conquer one another. They are both equally bad candidates. Just give it a rest. Sure women are gullible idiots. And God gave men all the brains, then He made men carry them in their penis. Everybody happy now? Let's all bicker and bitch about things that don't matter one iota.

No pailin, nothing I said/say whatsoever was directed your way. You and titus are a glimpse of lucidity in a blinding shitstorm. Oh my eye!

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 12:06pm redwood
Mr. Natural

crossing fingers

redwood wrote:

Metals have done their thing before FOMC. I'm expecting a take down this afternoon.

hope you're right rw. right now i'm flat and fully loaded for s1, s2, s3 bear so bring it on

Use the right tool for the job
Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 12:09pm BlackHawk
pailin

BlackHawk wrote: No pailin,

BlackHawk wrote:

No pailin, nothing I said/say whatsoever was directed your way.

Ah okay. I wasn't sure if skipping last night to watch Satan eat Father Merrin was a sin :)

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 12:10pm BlackHawk
Eman Laer
-
FL

BlackHawk wrote: I made a

BlackHawk wrote:

I made a plug FOR Obama or Obamacare?

BlackHawk wrote:

Talk about more form than substance. That would be all who are talking smack about Obama, especially Vypuero and SW. No substance whatsoever.

Can you see how that might be confusing?

I swing trade by the seat of my pants, but I do make a little profit somehow. Any comments I make about my trades should be taken with a grain of salt, and maybe as a contrarian indicator.
Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 12:16pm Mr. Natural
redwood

Sorry don't know what rw

Sorry don't know what rw stands for.

Thu, Oct 4, 2012 - 12:28pm redwood
TPaine
-
Nunya

uhhhh, redwood?

uhhhh, redwood?

(I'm not a nimble day-trader. Cash account, no margin and settlement periods makes swing trading more my style)