Pailin's Trading Corner

42791 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 11:06am Gold Nugget
pailin

Gold Nugget wrote: For me I

Gold Nugget wrote:

For me I could not understand it at all until I got into it last night. it makes sense. What helps is focus on the position at hand.

Exactly. Once a trade is made (buy or sell), it's over. Forget the price in the past, look only to the next target. This frees up capital to buy back lower and leaves positions on to sell higher. A beautiful thing all around, even if SSK hates it :)

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 11:10am
Rico

HG seemed a bit "exuberant"

HG seemed a bit "exuberant" on such an overall shitty day--so I shorted dat bitch...

@SW,

Good stuff!

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 11:30am
HappyNow
-
Canada

...and a little lighter...

My price got hit and another tranche sold. The rest won't sell until silver gains another 60-70 cents.

If it drops back before then though, I may well be a buyer again.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 11:32am pailin
Grigeo

lesser of two evils

Churchill, the man who invented carpet bombing of civilians. I'll have to pass as well.

“I do not want suggestions as to how we can disable the economy and the machinery of war; what I want are suggestions as to how we can roast the German refugees on their escape from Breslau.” Quoted in: Juan Maler, Die Unvollendete, p. 27.

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 11:41am
SSK

I do hate it. I really

I do hate it. I really do!

That said, I respect it. Pivot trade has worked. Can't deny it.

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 11:41am
pailin

I smell an R1 execution

I smell an R1 execution comin' on... :)

EDIT - Cha-CHING!!!

EDIT2 - For the record, took 1/6 off (vs 1/12) per system.

To the intelligent man or woman, life appears infinitely mysterious, but the stupid have an answer for everything. -Edward Abbey
Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 11:42am SSK
pailin

SSK wrote: I do hate it. I

SSK wrote:

I do hate it. I really do!

That said, I respect it. Pivot trade has worked. Can't deny it.

Still love ya buddy :)

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 11:50am
SSK

GG reported a complete

GG reported a complete execution breakdown at their Red Lake mine. Cost basis at the mine jumped to $523 an ounce from the previous $322 per ounce of shiny.

Unbelievable.

Down nearly 6%.

GG is now the HL of the gold majors.

For once, I missed this piano.

Ought to make ABX, NEM, EGO and AUY more attractive.

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 12:19pm
atlee

HERO

Another to put on your radar. Like the ticker symbol HERO

reported today and missed but still blasted off. Listened to the call and was good.

Another is DO

both are drillers.

GLTA

lets get silver to 32

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 12:36pm
Gold Nugget
-
Klondike, AK

PROFIT PROFIT R1 HIT !!!

I AM HAVING A BLAST OF GOOD FUN.

It looks like I placed the order to sell at 31.165 and it executed at 31.192. so they took almost 3 cents for sale commission. and I thought it was about 4 cents on buy side. or 7 to 8 cents last night for spread. Anyway I did have 2 units. I was suppose to only sell 1 unit but I sold 2 by accident. it is my first day. give me a break. haha.

I made $24 and that is pretty good. I am happy with $24 of monopoly money. That is less than one minimum tick in a lot of markets. wow. lot of work or lot of fun. if you want to make money well. I don't know. but if you want to have fun you can go to Yahoo games and play Crazy 8's or Hearts of fall asleep on the pivots.

I really do like this. It gets better all the time.

I was playing a game of chess on the internet and the computer told me I had executed the trade on R1. Pretty good. I was involved playing chess and made some monopoly money.

One day and I am getting the hang of it. I need more practice on the forex pro software to learn how to use it first. I feel like I have the hang of the system for beginners.

I must say one thing. It gobbles up all your money to use this method. I wish they allowed some leverage. I can make a hundred times more in the time it takes. This requires patience and lots of startup money. I am not here to make money really. that is not my first priority. I am here to have fun and enjoy life.

Somehow I find it fun to do all this work for so little reward. but I am taking a year or more view. not this week or today. I hope over a year it will work out ok, I believe it will.

To me this is not a Trading System. It is a money management system. I think You can use almost any numbers spread out to do the same thing.

I would see this working with volatile stocks. but then with stocks one can get 2 to 1 margin. also one can use Larry Connors very good methods that make much more money with the cash. for example the rating system I posted here a few days ago. I think it was Monday night. He made 65% on one $2 atock in 5 days maximum I think it was the end of march. his stuff is carefully worked out in all details. He has run it on 15 years of all stocks in the market with like over 80% winners and tiny drewdowns. almost always profits.

I think it fits this method well. It buys drawdowns. never shorts. buys cash stock on drops. and gets out on rally. basically similar but more detail worked out. It picks the best stocks each day to use.

You could trade the stocks at tiny commissions. Here the bid asked spread is ridiculous large. that all eats up the profits.

‘Nine times out of ten when I see an attractive woman walking down the street, I turn and take another look. Ten times out of ten she does not turn around to check me out.’
Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 12:46pm
rtabit
-
Occoquan, VA

LNG Charts

LNG 60 Minute: I’d look for support at sliding parallel line, about 17.55. Resistance around 18.70. https://www.screencast.com/users/RandyTabit/folders/LNG/media/f836cd30-6... LNG 20 Minute: Support around 17.90 on lowest sliding parallel line, resistance around 18.60 depending on when we hit it, same line we just hit. https://www.screencast.com/users/RandyTabit/folders/LNG/media/a95546bd-7...

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 1:00pm
SSK

Watching LNG here. Can it

Watching LNG here. Can it take out 18.50? Potential short if it cannot.

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 1:21pm
firstsilver

Roasting Churchill

Seems like off-topic for a trading thread, but since so many are chiming in, what were Hitler's military targets in unleashing rockets on London? Just asking. Churchill invented carpet bombing of civilians. Is that like Gore invented the Internet?

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 1:28pm
rtabit
-
Occoquan, VA

SI

Just hit my resistance, will it get breached?

https://www.screencast.com/users/RandyTabit/folders/Silver/media/0b4952b1-0239-4df6-95b7-c773c72b1364

Edit: Picked up some DSLV at 33.23 in personnel account and 32.86 in 401k account.

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 1:48pm
BlackHawk
-
Truman Lake, MO

atlee, Re DVN

Are you selling DVN into this strength? Also, what the heck has happened to UNG? I actually have a profitable tranche.

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 1:50pm
SilverWealth
-
Rectal Springs, CA

bullish

bullish action that GDX has not sold off yet today and held up over the lunch hour, first time in many,many days.

Tomorrow Thursday will be another volatile day now that we have paused today.

I think metals move higher.

Clive Maund has reversed again. Was bearish and now after pulling back and looking at longer term charts and thinking about the Euro rescue coming he reversed himself and is recommending Gold as an excellent buy ready to bounce fast and high. Miners to follow.

who knows? I think these Markets just get more difficult with time. Today I think we go higher and enter a buying cycle and a buying wave. Silver is impulsive and bullish and once Gold crosses over its downtrending resistance line at 1668 it could be off to the races. JPM will no doubt be watching that line closely.

for those who were murdered in this last downdraft I dedicate this old post which I call

"Gene Hackman, Metal's Trader" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FMuguMyYvQ4

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 2:01pm BlackHawk
atlee

BH

No holding DVN. I do not trade the widow maker UNG so don't know.

I am of the opinion that we will see 1550 S&P by May June period. Led by energy and basic materials. I am looking to buy CAT. Wish I would see 100 or less.

I tink we are close on metals making an up move but it is a day to day minute by minute. Having more success away from but always watching. Still just have 100 AGQ as only metals trade exposure.

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 2:28pm
SilverWealth
-
Rectal Springs, CA

ES

ES now impulsing up.

this following its interpretation of the Gnome Fecal reading yesterday.

Metals should follow.

The Market has reversed itself from its fright wig selldown and this reversal is based in the FOMC event. We are now entering a buying cycle in risk/on imo. We have seen these reversals both up and down following FOMC Fecal Days of our Lives before and up or down they can re-establish up or downtrends. In this case its an uptrend imo.

Does someone has a stat on ES behavior in the Spring of an election cycle? I think its actually very bullish. Certainly Obottom will do everything in his power to hustle his re election, it is in his nature and the nature of all Presidents. Listening now to L. Sin. testimony on O. It fairly no nonsense and straightforward.

Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 2:51pm
Gold Nugget
-
Klondike, AK

TINKER BELL

Time to Tinker with the system and blow it up.

Well it is working so well and everyone here loves it except for SSK who hates it. SSK is probably right.

So It is time to TINKER with the sytem and blow it up good.

Seriously I never could keep my hands off tinkering with things. Anyway.

I was thinking always a bad sign. I was thinking why not use AGQ stock which is double silver or SLV which is boring as it is only single silver. well if we can make a dollar on silver then why not try to make $2 on AGQ,

Iwonder if the commissions would be less. One could use units of any amount with stocks or etf's unlike the Forex wants only units of 50 ounces.

Anyway I throw it open to discussion. What do the experts think.

Are there any 3X ETF's in precious metals?

‘Nine times out of ten when I see an attractive woman walking down the street, I turn and take another look. Ten times out of ten she does not turn around to check me out.’
Thu, Apr 26, 2012 - 3:08pm Gold Nugget
HappyNow
-
Canada

Gold Nugget.   Can you

Gold Nugget. Can you trade AGQ 24 hrs a weekday? If not the pivot system can break down as they may hit in a time that is outside the trading window.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.
randomness