June 13 & 14th 2011 - Martin Armstrong

Here we go...

http://www.martinarmstrong.org/economic_projections.htm

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 05:31
caramel
caramel's picture
Hat Tips: 320
he's on a mission it seems

he's on a mission it seems since he's been out.  love reading his stuff; learn more about our world with each paragraph.

Vypuero
Vypuero's picture
Hat Tips: 3999
don't get it

Sorry his stuff did not make much sense to me.  He seems to think we are going into an upswing now?  Does he take into account the collapsing fiat currency structure?  On top of that, the fact that he was indicted on fraud does not enamor me to him, and I did not see any proven details of how he was innocent there either.

Alea iacta est
Alea iacta est's picture
Nah

Vypuero wrote:

Sorry his stuff did not make much sense to me.  He seems to think we are going into an upswing now?  Does he take into account the collapsing fiat currency structure?  On top of that, the fact that he was indicted on fraud does not enamor me to him, and I did not see any proven details of how he was innocent there either.

As I understand it he believes gold will continue rising, definitely long term but it might stagnate some what short term and then we should see a fast surge which later will dip and try support - at numbers lower than what we see today. This is all according to his cycles.  You might wanna read the essay published today where he compares the situaton to the one 1985-1986: http://www.martinarmstrong.org/files/June13th%2014th%20Turning%20Point%202011.45%2006-14-2011.pdf

I guess January 2012 will be interesting according to this.. Would be happy to hear interpretations from others as well though?!

Bay of Pigs
Bay of Pigs's picture
Armstrong

I understand the whole cycle thing, but I'm not sure you can take events from the 1980's and compare them to the situation today. The events going on now are totally unprecedented. Seems like comparing apples to oranges, or worse,  more like an ounce of gold to a pile of shit. ;o)

Hagarth
Hagarth's picture
Hat Tips: 2182
Wait a few

His next analysis will be out soon, once he does some more math.  Has anyone followed David Bensimons work, seems he uses the same methodology as Armstrong, although I personally have not looked into how Bensimon derives his Fibonacci sequences.  I is just tu lasy.

Suntne vacci laeti.

Dubbelito
Dubbelito's picture
Hat Tips: 9
Followed the wrong armstrong site then

Dagnabbit! And here I've been lurking at his "Official" site looking for new essays (armstrongeconomics dot com) and it's on his unofficial site :D

This man should be taken very seriously in my view, as a fellow economist I hold him in highest regard, and the fact he was locked away just gives him even more cred. (He was after all locked away since he refused to join the EE with his amazing R2D2 gizmo. A true Skywalker) He has a tremendous mind and an amazing view on the economy. I encourage all to read his essays, particulary those about historical events such as the roman empire's fall, to really understand that history, and in that economy, repeats itself.

Thanks for the thread!

Kumanari
Kumanari's picture
Hat Tips: 1465
Educate yourselves

You hit it on the head Dub,  after you have read most or all his pieces several times then ones critique might carry weight.

He his hard to understand on one pass especially without back round and especially since all of the pieces were written from the hole. It amazes me that people form such serious opinions on limited knowledge when the 411 is a mouse click away. Especially when then this knowledge would benefit them. Too many want easy answers right now,  Armstrong is not about trading he is about waking the sheople up and perhaps saving the world from a modern dark age which seems highly unlikely when the "Awoken" continue to stumble around with their eyes closed. Too many want too much given to them while expending too little effort or sacrifice. That is why those of us who understand  history have exit plans in place as we are pretty sure what is coming because as Martin says over and over humans never change. Auwe!

As Jerry would say

Fair thee well let your life proceed by it's own design,

nothin to tell let the words be yours as I'm done with mine.

JoyInThePacific
JoyInThePacific's picture
Track Record

I did not follow MA diligently, did he foresaw 2008  deleverge of every asset except US dollar and TBill? TIA.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "June 13 & 14th 2011 - Martin Armstrong"