Have parsed links open in new ...

6 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Tue, Jun 14, 2011 - 11:04pm
UGrev
-
NY

Have parsed links open in new ...

Would be nice to have the system parse links to open in new tabs/windows. 

Wed, Jun 15, 2011 - 9:52pm
thecoloredsky
-
NC

_blank

UGrev wrote:

Yes I agree. Please have links open up in new tab/windows.

Wed, Jun 15, 2011 - 11:02pm (Reply to #2)

New tabs/windows

thecoloredsky wrote:
UGrev wrote:

Yes I agree. Please have links open up in new tab/windows.

Some people like new tabs opened, others do not. I tend to just right-click links and choose to open them in a new tab if I want to anyway.

Maybe at some point we could have it included as a user optional feature to be set within an individual's account profile. We'll add it to the list to consider. :-)

Wed, Jun 15, 2011 - 11:47pm (Reply to #3)
UGrev
-
NY

Need a poll on who has the

Need a poll on who has the most tabs open at one time.. lol. I'm usually pushing 20 or so tabs open at any given time..it's sort of a way for me to look at things and organize them into a "tabs to read". I know.. I'm being lazy. Right click, open in new tab isn't the worst, but I'm a developer.. I'm lazy and like single clicky.. :)

Thanks for the consideration, however :)

Wed, Jun 15, 2011 - 11:56pm (Reply to #4)
-
Nowhere, AK

Tab junkie here too

UGrev wrote:

Need a poll on who has the most tabs open at one time.. lol. I'm usually pushing 20 or so tabs open at any given time..it's sort of a way for me to look at things and organize them into a "tabs to read". I know.. I'm being lazy. Right click, open in new tab isn't the worst, but I'm a developer.. I'm lazy and like single clicky.. :)

Thanks for the consideration, however :)

You and me both. Not only do I have at least 20 tabs open at a time, I have two or three different browsers going at once. :-)

The thing with setting links to open a new tab by default is that people with slower computers or who don't like tabs complain about it. 

I'm only able to handle such a large number of tabs because I just got a new computer...but even then, with Firefox such a memory hog, I'm pushing it. :-)

Thu, Jun 16, 2011 - 6:06am (Reply to #5)
UGrev
-
NY

FF is def a HOG these days.

FF is def a HOG these days. That's why I'm using chrome... oh wait.. it's a HOG too. I guess we can't win'em all eh? Being a web dev myself, my work machine has FF4, IE9 and Chrome up and a VM with FF3.6, IE8 and Chrome. My home machine I just use chrome. I would dig it if, somewhere down the line, "open in new" was an option but I realize it's just not a big deal for some; so to the bottom of turds list it goes..lol.