155 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sat, Nov 12, 2011 - 7:40pm
robov
-
Vancouver,
Canada

David Morgan Interviews Robert Archer

https://www.investmentpitch.com/media/1092/Great_Panther_Silver_Ltd._TSX...

Pay particular attention to time stamp 3:26 where he says "Beyond existing operations and development we are looking at acquisitions..........and are starting to get a little more, ah I guess, proactive and not hostile." He further adds that they would like to add a third mine even if that includes coming from an outside source. Next pay attention at time stamp 7:45 where he says "the company is in great shape has about 35 million in cash so we are in a good position for acquisitions and are also looking at South America now as well as Mexico"

Any thoughts? I post often on GPL's Yahoo Message Board and will post my rant from there to here for any feedback that anyone has to offer;

Hmmmm, interesting, as the regulars here all know I have been conspiring/ranting here for the past several weeks when we started to experience the less than stellar S/P action that I felt something was up or in the works as GPL was trading contrary quite often to the rest of the markets many days. Many here tended to focus more on the less than stellar production this quarter, lower production grades, cost to produce and last quarters unsold concentrate and rightly so. Although I felt and still do that in spite of these setbacks that the current S/P was still worth more than it's current level of under 3.00. As Archer stated they have 35M cash and let's face it are pulling ""cash" out of the ground everyday. Now of course, I have been ranting more about GPL "being" acquired, not being the "acquire y" so I was surprised to hear him say that "they" are becoming more proactive in this regard. So I am going to have to stick to my conspiracy theory and say that others that have the power and means to control S/P know even more than we do and that there is something "in the works" and that is being reflected in the S/P's inability to get a bid higher or why when all they other miners and markets vectors are getting a solid rally like they did Friday GPL is capped at 2.60 and can only manage a gain of 1.5% when the other silver miners are up 4 - 6+ % for the day.
The concern I have about GPL acquiring is how will that affect share price? The most recent example that I can compare to was when Aurico Gold (AUQ) recently acquired Northgate Minerals (NXG). The result of that deal was that NXG closed at 3.15 on 8/26/11 and open the next day at 4.33 (nice you say). Yes if you were long NXG you woke the next day a lot wealthier, but inversely if you were long AUQ it closed at 13.92 on 8/26/11 and opened the next day at 12.53 and closed the day at 11.35 (OUCH!!!) that's a drop of 2.57 (OUCH!!!!) some people lost at lot of money. AUQ has yet to recover having traded all the way down to a low of 8.65 and still only back to 10.88 as of Friday. I don't want to be on that side of the deal holding at 3.00 or above with GPL. I would have thought that if any deal was done that GPL would be acquired by a larger miner. Same thing happened last February when NEM acquired FRG (Freemont Gold) went up over 4.00 overnight and Newmont Gold dropped 4.46 the next day. It has since recovered and is trading more than 10.00 higher today so I would imagine AUQ will too, which is okay for long term share holders.
Anyway, all still speculation, but the boss has stated publicly now for the first time that I have heard, that they are proactively looking at acquisitions which is what I started ranting about when we first tanked to 2.00 well over a month ago now and about a week and a half before the first rumors started to appear in articles after the mine tours. Hmmm anyone care to stir the pot a little further and make some S/P analogies good or bad and what it could mean to S/P. I don't have enough expertise in this matter.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Sat, Nov 12, 2011 - 9:17pm
mgb
-
Gulf Islands,
Canada

Heads you win

GPR have the money for an acquisition,no doubt.

Robert has always stated -back five years now-that an acquisition was possible.

It has never transpired.

I thought the cash they raised @ $5 was for San Ignacio development.

$1/4 B raised and only $6m profits means GPR are not mining profitably in Guanajuato.

Good luck to GPR and whatever may come for them and their shareholders.

Tue, Nov 15, 2011 - 10:01am
Eric Original

I've had enough

GPL, sold to you bitchez!

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.
Tue, Nov 15, 2011 - 5:12pm
mgb
-
Gulf Islands,
Canada

That's original, Eric

If your post meant anything the central theme eluded me.

Tue, Nov 15, 2011 - 7:31pm
Eric Original

Means I finally unloaded my

Means I finally unloaded my long suffering GPL shares. I thought it was clear enough. Pardon a guy for trying to have some fun with it.

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.
Thu, Nov 17, 2011 - 4:30am
T

Casey still likes GPL

Casey research is still favorable about GPL. I wouldnt want to buy it at 4 dollars but at 2 seems like a fair price to get in.

Tue, Dec 13, 2011 - 7:55pm
madcow

GPL is doing horrendously.

GPL is doing horrendously.

Tue, Dec 13, 2011 - 8:26pm madcow
TheGoodDoctor
-
WI

So is everything else in this

So is everything else in this sector. And what was your point?

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz
Wed, Dec 14, 2011 - 6:45am
T

GPL

well, on the chart it is now holding/testing the latest bottoms at 2 dollars. Forming a bottom base at 2 dollars.

So what it does here is very important.

The next support levels below this go way down to 1.50 area and 1.25

Do you think GPL will plunge all the way to that far? or hold here?

We may see pretty soon on this stock.

Wed, Dec 14, 2011 - 4:03pm TheGoodDoctor
madcow

TheGoodDoctor wrote: So is

TheGoodDoctor wrote:

So is everything else in this sector. And what was your point?

didnt have one

Thu, Dec 15, 2011 - 11:24am madcow
Stoxxman
-
Vancouver,
Canada

Beware GPR

I won't get into the details but the big man here is very intimately involved with busted red handed scalper Thom Calandra and that can't possibly be good for the public. AVOID and look for better.

Thu, Dec 15, 2011 - 6:40pm Stoxxman
csquared13

Stoxxman wrote: I won't get

Stoxxman wrote:

I won't get into the details but the big man here is very intimately involved with busted red handed scalper Thom Calandra and that can't possibly be good for the public. AVOID and look for better.

Archer is involved with Calandra? If you're going to make such accusations, you SHOULD in fact get in to details.

“Everybody gets what they want out of the market.” -Ed Seykota
Thu, Dec 15, 2011 - 6:46pm
Boardwalk
-
Hell, MI

Delta Bravo Alert /\ /\ /\

I think he shorts the stock, then comes here spreading negative waves. Seen him pulling the same thing on other threads.

He's a one man hate machine for Fire River Gold. Whoaaa!

"Be right and sit tight"
Thu, Dec 15, 2011 - 7:22pm Boardwalk
csquared13

Boardwalk wrote: I think he

Boardwalk wrote:

I think he shorts the stock, then comes here spreading negative waves. Seen him pulling the same thing on other threads.

He's a one man hate machine for Fire River Gold. Whoaaa!

Thanks Boardwalk. That was my suspicion. Maybe we should report him to mods?

“Everybody gets what they want out of the market.” -Ed Seykota
Thu, Feb 9, 2012 - 2:12pm
ferretflat
-
IL

Motely fool reporting

that GPL is running into lower grade ore than it expected. This report has caused stock to slide over $.20. I am still waiting for the sale of the concentrastes held over from las quarter.

Tis no country for old men.
Thu, Feb 9, 2012 - 11:35pm ferretflat
TheGoodDoctor
-
WI

They already happened. Check

They already happened. Check the last few pressers.

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz