Goldcorp

66 posts / 0 new
Last post
Fri, Dec 30, 2011 - 7:59am
T

Watching GG in the days ahead

Its a good miner to watch now. Having made a drop ,a plunge at the open yesterday to 42....made a big bounce with strength and is heading now to the resistance above at 44. This is the next battlezone , with 43 in the middle . I expect resistance at 44 area and will want to watch what that looks like. How strong a show will GG make going forward into it....how strong will be the selling at 44,how strong will be the support around 43 to hold.....will we see a double bottom at 42....and will 42 hold as the bottom...... The entire fall from the 49 level has been a slide into a bottom zone and 42 - 40 area, even 39 and 38 is the previous lows from January 2011 and july 2010. there are pivot points in 2010 at 41. which means there are targets Below 42, and the bottom can still be getting established currently. What show of strength buyers demonstrate at 44 resistance and sellers to take it down ....is worth observing .... because it will tell us alot about the current miner sentiment, market energy,heading into 2012, Goldcorp is one of the best senior miners.... it is supposed to be strong. investors should be buying it at 42 and 40 ....short sellers made their good move when GG was at the top. but now its at the bottom of the range.

So the price action will be a good barometer of strength ...bears vs.bulls, on a key battlefield....Goldcorp.... Will the good fundamentals of the company mean anything in this current manipulated climate ? GG is a good barometer.

It has been trading up and down in a big Range between 36 and 56 for almost 2 years now. 2 years ago sentiment in miners ,and last year, up to this summer...had been very bullish. Now its suddenly uncertain.

What Goldcorp does now at a time and season of relative weakness in the next month or two, might say alot about the miner sector,and what the game going forward might be about.

One can watch Eldorado Gold with the same focus .Silvercorp ,and other key miners as well.

What kind of market are we investing in, when these miners can go soaring to great highs a year ago,and collapsing down now?? Why would they go soaring last year....and why would they collapse now? Were they great companies last year but failing businesses now? What kind of game is going on. Andy Hoffman is saying its a manipulation game we cant win.

Sprott and all the pundits on KWN say its the only sector to be invested in.

Quite an extreme divergence of opinion there. and both sides of the issue are presented by very worthy experts.

Thu, Jan 5, 2012 - 9:00pm
infinite_easing
-
Canada

let's remember that these are

let's remember that these are vehicles for making money, not falling in love. The cyclical pattern of Goldcorp's behaviour on the charts shows pretty clearly that there are swings wide enough to make some decent coin - as long as you don't try to ride it to the moon. Because so far it hasn't gone to the moon*. Ever.

*my moon may not be your moon :)

Mon, Jan 9, 2012 - 10:53pm
infinite_easing
-
Canada

busy day at GG

VANCOUVER, Jan. 9, 2012 /CNW/ - GOLDCORP INC. (TSX: G, NYSE: GG) today announced 2011 gold production and provided production and cash cost guidance for 2012 and the five-year period ending 2016.

Highlights

also noteworthy: The final calculation of operating costs has not yet been completed, but total cash costs(1) for all of 2011 are expected to be approximately $220 per ounce of gold on a by-product basis and approximately $530 per ounce of gold on a co-product basis, meeting guidance on both measures.

Mon, Jan 9, 2012 - 10:54pm
infinite_easing
-
Canada

first monthly dividend payment for 2012

VANCOUVER, Jan. 9, 2012 /CNW/ - GOLDCORP INC. (TSX: G, NYSE: GG) is pleased to declare its first monthly dividend payment for 2012 of $0.045 per share. Shareholders of record at the close of business on Thursday, January 19, 2012 will be entitled to receive payment of this dividend on Friday, January 27, 2012. Goldcorp has paid a monthly dividend to its shareholders since 2003.

Tue, Jan 10, 2012 - 8:04pm T
infinite_easing
-
Canada

the December 29 low

the December 29 low was C$43.08 according to yahoo stats....

Tue, Jan 10, 2012 - 11:55pm
T

GG,,,, december 29 bottom

in USDollars .....42.05

Thu, Jan 12, 2012 - 10:25pm
infinite_easing
-
Canada

ok

exchange that day was 9794 so close enough. Now, what about over the next two and a half months (ie first quarter)?

Tue, Mar 6, 2012 - 9:38pm
infinite_easing
-
Canada

dividend declared

Yesterday (March 5) Goldcorp announced its third monthly dividend payment for 2012 of $0.045 per share. Shareholders of record at the close of business on Thursday, March 15, 2012 will be entitled to receive payment of this dividend on Friday, March 23 , 2012.

While volatile, the company does keep it coming monthly.

Mon, Apr 2, 2012 - 11:11pm
infinite_easing
-
Canada

fourth monthly dividend payment for 2012

VANCOUVER, April 2, 2012 /PRNewswire/ - GOLDCORP INC. (TSX: G) (NYSE: GG) is pleased to declare its fourth monthly dividend payment for 2012 of $0.045 per share. Shareholders of record at the close of business on Thursday, April 13, 2012 will be entitled to receive payment of this dividend on Friday, April 20, 2012. Goldcorp has paid a monthly dividend to its shareholders since 2003. Canadian resident individuals who receive dividends from Goldcorp after 2005 are entitled to an enhanced gross-up and dividend tax credit on such dividends.

Pursuant to tax legislation enacted in 2007, Canadian resident individuals who receive "eligible dividends" in 2006 and subsequent years will be entitled to an enhanced gross-up and dividend tax credit on such dividends. All dividends paid in 2006 and subsequent years by Goldcorp Inc. are "eligible dividends" for this purpose.

Goldcorp is one of the world's fastest growing senior gold producers. Its low-cost gold production is located in safe jurisdictions in the Americas and remains 100% unhedged.

Thu, May 3, 2012 - 7:14pm
infinite_easing
-
Canada

been an ugly couple

been an ugly couple weeks. First we got the news that mine construction was being suspended due to problems with an environmental permit for the El Morro copper and gold project in north-central Chile. Then we got the guidance downgrade for 2012. We followed on with very poor data from the EU, basically suggesting the whole darn place is tipping into recession, and add in ambiguity around China data, and weak US data, and people have been heading for the exits. And then today we got a continuation of the nasty raid on physical, which has not helped.

All told it left Goldcorp at a Canadian close of $35.95, which is extraordinary when you look at the long charts. We haven't been at these levels since April of 2009. I have not been back in but it looks to me like we are at or near a buying opportunity.

Forbes today reported that Goldcorp had "entered into oversold territory, changing hands as low as $35.82 per share." See https://www.forbes.com/sites/energystockchannel/2012/05/03/goldcorp-inc-gg-shares-enter-oversold-territory/?partner=yahootix for details.

Thu, May 3, 2012 - 11:49pm infinite_easing
pickaxe
-
Battle Creek, MI

All in

Bought more today at $36.

Have been buying every $2 down since re-entering at $47 last year (way early, as usual).

Not all that concerned, unless more bad news for GG lurks on horizon.

Suspect that we'll see $50+ within a year and am satisfied to collect my divs and wait for recovery.

~pickaxe

~pickaxe
Fri, May 4, 2012 - 7:07am
infinite_easing
-
Canada

I agree on the 12

I agree on the 12 month outlook. No way to know if Goldcorp has anymore surprises to the down side. I'm looking for an entry point below 36, and will vacuum up more today if it hits.

Tue, May 8, 2012 - 1:00am
T

a lesson to share

speaking of buying a miner every few dips on the way down...... I did that last year upon Casey international speculator's pick of East Asia Minerals......started when it was around 5 dollars , when Casey recommended it.....bought more at 4 dollars, more at 3.25...more at 3, more at 2.25, more at 2, more at 1.50, more at 1 dollar, more at 60 cents....alltogether about 13 thousand dollars before I came to my senses and saw what I had done.

The stock sits at collapsed bottoms around 35 cents now, cant seem to get off the floor, I'm down about 11 thousand dollars .....

yes, go ahead and buy you some more goldcorp at 36 and I will see you when it falls to 30.

and Goldcorp,has been considered the best in class for the senior miners.

This is what is happening to the best of the miners.

Is it a bargain or has it become a suckers game

Tue, May 8, 2012 - 4:09am
boil_in_the_bag_rice
-
Helsinki
Finland

Hey T, that's a big drop

Hey T, that's a big drop alright. What happened? Political issues, resource downgrade?

Tue, May 8, 2012 - 6:55am
infinite_easing
-
Canada

my sympathies, man. Been

my sympathies, man. Been there, done that. First I have confidence that gold is going to rocket up over the next couple years, and that it will recouple with the miners probably sooner than we all expect. So for me G(G) is a long hold, not a trade in current circumstances. That said, it did not break 36 so I did not buy. As the Greek situation plays out, gold should drop further, and with it G. Patience is important in here because as many investors say, you make your profit on the buy. True with houses too.

Tue, May 8, 2012 - 2:33pm
T

I agree with all that

I like a long investment in GG. Its one of the few I will hold onto.

East Asia Minerals ran into permit issues in Indonesia....still working them out, maybe in two years the stock will recover,if the government doesnt institute more draconian nationalization laws,etc etc....

Tue, May 8, 2012 - 8:40pm
infinite_easing
-
Canada

Goldcorp closed in Toronto

Goldcorp closed in Toronto at C$34.40 down $1.53. You'd have to go back to mid-2009 to hit that kind of number. That said, I'm uncertain if this is a true bottom; it feels like we could drop further.

Wed, May 9, 2012 - 8:45pm
infinite_easing
-
Canada

well, G did drop further this

well, G did drop further this morning, all the way to C$33.71 before climbing back almost two bucks into the close. Was that the bottom? Time will tell, but I think we could see a further breakdown as the perception of a failed political process in the Greek

situation stares the market in the eye.

sorry about the spacing -- the site is not letting me fix that.

Thu, May 10, 2012 - 2:51am
T

GG bottom

why not 30.

Thu, May 10, 2012 - 11:05am
pickaxe
-
Battle Creek, MI

Falling Knives

T and all,

Guess I'm just stubborn, but have had success averaging down in quality miners since entering this PM arena of investing in 2005. Have known the game was rigged for some time, but if you choose not to play, you have no chance of winning - the trick (as you know) is to not follow the crowd.

Yes, was creamed like most everyone else in 2008, but otherwise, PM investing (speculating) has been far better than most approaches one could have taken over the past decade. In all honesty, I've had a fair number of clunkers like East Asia, but these have been more than balanced out by picking winners that have multiplied $$$'s.

At the current moment, this average down approach and my average price in GG look rather foolish; however, with patience, history has demonstrated that if one is willing to wait and the story & prospects of a company don't change materially, one can reap great rewards.

~pickaxe

~pickaxe