Basket Of Miners ..Do You Like?

117 posts / 0 new
Last post
Thu, Jul 14, 2011 - 12:04am 71185208
TheGoodDoctor
-
WI

I just want to point out that

I just want to point out that if you have not watched these videos they are awesome. I have watched almost every one of them. The Ron Netolitzky and Shawn Ryan ones are must views. Actually, all of them are really, really good.

The folks at Casey Research are top notch and they really help people get an understanding of mining companies. They also do work on technology, biotech, and gas/oil companies. They have newsletters and I subscribe to Big Gold. Which is good. I can't afford the more spendy ones at this time. Also, there are a lot of freebies on the site. So check them out. Ed Steers column is good too.

Casey also has events like twice a year or so where guys like Sprott, Rule, Rickards, John Williams and Porter Stansberry speak. And if you can't attend, they usually sell the DVD's of all the speakers and stuff for like $300 and the price goes up after the event. Which is fairly cheap. You get like 25 CD/DVD's usually. And there is a data disk with the companies that present or have a booth at these events. I'd love to attend one someday.

Read this. Casey's 8 P's of Resource Stock Evaluation

https://www.caseyresearch.com/pdfs/20100430_0908208Ps.pdf

I weigh certain things differently myself, but this is a great starter for understanding the evaluations of resource stocks. Casey is very big on the People which I understand. If you can't execute what is the point then?

Ok, I know I am not getting paid to advertise for Casey but I will get off my soap box now.

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz
Thu, Jul 14, 2011 - 1:51am
LeeHo

Basket of +%10 intraday today except for the 3 "X"'s

Thu, Jul 14, 2011 - 5:49am
Boardwalk
-
Hell, MI

Eric

Good to hear you made it onto the Cream train before it left the station.

Also, nice run up lately in Wesdome, one of your recent gold picks. On Wednesday, WDO traded 10X normal volume @ 1.1MM shares on the TSX. I was reading your posts and looking at it, but didn't hit the bid before it launched.

"Be right and sit tight"
Thu, Jul 14, 2011 - 8:43am
Eric Original

Boardwalk & GoodDoc

Of my recent additions, I've been really pleased with Richmont as well.

I'm also going to have to decide on how I want to get back into the Yukon, otherwise TheGoodDoctor will have a huge "I told you so" on me!

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.
Thu, Jul 14, 2011 - 8:56am Eric Original
bobby
-
Parkersburg, WV

Eric Original wrote:Of my

Eric Original wrote:

Of my recent additions, I've been really pleased with Richmont as well.

I'm also going to have to decide on how I want to get back into the Yukon, otherwise TheGoodDoctor will have a huge "I told you so" on me!

maybe Golden Predator? (GPRXF) or is it all too mishmashed to be worthy?

meanwhile I hold a small amount of Fire River FVGCF

Thu, Jul 14, 2011 - 11:08pm
ginger

Just catching up on this

Just catching up on this thread.. ..so many good comments from all and lots of stuff for me to listen to, research, etc.

SIDE ? ...How do y'all get ANYthing else in life done?... I find that I can spend all my time on these forums and never read it all or see it all. ..So many links.. so little time.. but ALWAYS it's worthwhile stuff so I don't want to miss anything!

Anyway, bought some Cream & Golden Predator a little more than a week ago before this latest run-up. I'm so glad I did!

Fri, Jul 15, 2011 - 8:39pm
question
-
WA

Just want to keep track of

Just want to keep track of this thread. Thanks

Learn to behave
Fri, Jul 15, 2011 - 9:14pm
monster.quinda
-
margaret river
Australia

gold juniors australia new guinea

most of u all are north americano,different slant is oz ,new guinea miners on asx(australian bourse),some great undervalued miners with low entry prices adding huge upside when big advance occurs,remembering on 80s gold spike most gold shares averaged 26 times valuation at start of big move some shares did over 80 times.This parbolic move will be larger and mean price should stay above 1100 on eventuall pull back from high,timing of all time high 2016.So with this in mine arc exploration(3c),Frontier resources(20c),focus minerals(7c),tanami gold(98c),intrepid(1.74c),integra(49c),burey gold(9c),cougar gold(6c),tasman resources(8c),eagleeye minerals(9c),voyager resources(8c).different way to gain upside.

Fri, Jul 15, 2011 - 11:36pm monster.quinda
TheGoodDoctor
-
WI

@monster.quinda Thank you. I

@monster.quinda Thank you. I will take a looksie and see if I can buy them on the OTC in the US. Are those prices in US or Aussie dollars?

“Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves.” Norm Franz
Sat, Jul 16, 2011 - 9:51am TheGoodDoctor
steepdrop

tasman

TASEF : Bulletin Board Tasman Resources Nl

Last:

Change: 0.00 0%
Bid/Size: 0.07/5000
Ask/Size: 0.09/5000
Volume: 0
52 week high: 6.08
52 week low: 0.08

Tasman Resources Ltd (Tasman), formerly Tasman Resources NL, is a mineral exploration company. The Company is engaged in the gold and other base metals exploration in South Australia. Tasman's 100% owned Parkinson Dam Project is located approximately 60 kilometers west of Port Augusta in South Australia. The Company's 100%-owned Mirrica Project is located on the eastern edge of the Simpson Desert approximately 350 kilometers south-southwest of Mt Isa in Queensland. The principal exploration target is Mesoproterozoic gold and/or base metal mineralization. Central Gawler Gold-Nickel Project is the Company's other 100%-owned project. The Mt Thirsty Cobalt-Nickel-Manganese oxide project is located 20 kilometers north-northwest of Norseman. Its subsidiaries include Noble Energy Pty Ltd and Fission Energy Limited

Sat, Jul 16, 2011 - 11:23am steepdrop
JoeyJoeJoe
-
Seattle, WA

52 week high of $6.08?!  

52 week high of $6.08?!

Sat, Jul 16, 2011 - 1:21pm JoeyJoeJoe
steepdrop

it was a copy and paste from 

it was a copy and paste from scottrade : $6.08 ?

Mon, Jul 18, 2011 - 8:11am
zane
-
maroochydore QLD
Australia

Candian broker needed

Hi All,

My first post ... I've been reading the TF blog since late Jan this year and have been content to sit on some silver bullion for the past year or so.

I've followed this developing forum on silver miners and have made my mind up to sell some silver bullion and put the proceeds in silver miners. Have more than doubled the investment on my bullion so I'm selling a third of it or so

I'll pick out about 10 from the stocks talked about here a combo of producers and advanced explorers .

I'm from Australia so I really wanted to ask Ginger whats the easiest/cheapest/best broker for an Aussi to use ... if anybody else has a suggestion please chime in.

Have made a very loose list of producers/advanced explorers

Silver Standard/Silver Weaton/Silvercorp /Silvermex/South American Silver/ECU Silver/Impact Silver/Endevour Silver an just maybe First Majestic/Great Panther. (All subject to a bit of DD)

Can also make room for a couple the more speculative ones mentioned here as well ... but the general idea is to chase a little more leverage to the silver price using some profits.

zane

Mon, Jul 18, 2011 - 9:44am zane
Eric Original

Turdle GG would be the guy to

Turdle GG would be the guy to ask. He's in Australia.

This isn't a metals blog anymore. It's a right wing circle jerk, masquerading as a metals blog.
Mon, Jul 18, 2011 - 2:00pm zane
TheGoodDoctor
-
WI

I would say Great Panther is

I would say Great Panther is another to add to that list but First Majestic has had quite a run. Not that I don't like it, just that it would be chasing it IMHO right now. There are other fish to fry out there. And your list is exceptional.

Tue, Jul 19, 2011 - 12:25am TheGoodDoctor
zane
-
maroochydore QLD
Australia

thanks for the comments ...

thanks for the comments ... saw the sprott junior list as well.

posted on https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/forum/list-brokers/399

more for futures/options ... but i might get a reply. Anyways its been a pleasure reading all the comments here ...