Thu, Jul 19, 2012 - 8:09pm
pink freud

Chaco Culture released last

Chaco Culture released last week.

i like cheap silver :)

Tue, Jul 24, 2012 - 9:15pm pink freud
pink freud

The 3rd ATB of the year,

The 3rd ATB of the year, Acadia (Maine) now on sale.

Fri, Sep 7, 2012 - 1:37pm pink freud
pink freud

The best looking one yet...

Hawai'i Volcanoes

suuweeeet!

On Sale Now

Stack em up!

Fri, Sep 7, 2012 - 10:20pm pink freud
Gunrunner
-
Magnolia, TX

Is there going to be an attack?

As a collector, do you think the banksters will drop the price of silver or will it continue to rise? I am thinking of waiting for next week and see what might happen. Apmex states delivery by the 21st and the mint states the 29th. the mint has not changed their price yet and as close as the two are, I could get a pretty box from the mint for a couple dollars more...:)

Bang Bang
Fri, Sep 7, 2012 - 11:22pm Gunrunner
pink freud

as a collector i stack the

as a collector, i stack the ATB pucks as they come out, my cost avg will be better off than trying to collect them all in the future, i was happy to have the price so low for the last several issues. the price will go up then down then up lol (atb bullion pucks are cheaper than SAE's btw) bonus: and you can use them as coasters.

the puck you speak of gunrunner, at the mint, on the 29th, is the collectors P mint edition. with the frosted (vapor blasted) finish. i stopped collecting those in 2010 and sold my five P's in to the market for 1500 :) the 2011 p's have not sold out yet and are still avail for $205. Hot Tip: If the price of silver goes up handily in the next week, I would buy the mint pucks just for the resale value. the mint is slow to adjust their prices and they shut the product off for a week to do so. if you can get in before they do it, then its like free money.

btw, the one's in the pic i posted are the bullion version (shiny and cheaper yet prettier) imo

but if you have enough bennie bux, then get both

Sat, Sep 8, 2012 - 10:43am pink freud
Gunrunner
-
Magnolia, TX

I have to agree the bullion

I have to agree the bullion version is prettier. I do believe I am going to wait till Monday and see what happens to the price of silver and see if the price drops before I order. I could get screwed but I will buy next week.

Thanks, Gary

Bang Bang
Fri, Nov 9, 2012 - 5:57am Gunrunner
pink freud

Hows it going Gary! Denali

Hows it going Gary!

Denali just came out. The last one for 2012.

Bullion version = $180's

Mint 'P' Version = $229.95

I am also anticipating the release of the last coin in the Canadian wildlife series. I'm thinking maybe a ram/goat like the Denali.

Love the Ram Horn look!

Fri, Nov 9, 2012 - 6:00am pink freud
Fri, Jan 4, 2013 - 5:10pm
Gunrunner
-
Magnolia, TX

Hello Mr. Freud

Sorry for the late response. I did get my Denali bullion coin while prices were down. It was in the 180s including shipping. I will be ordering the proof silver quarters come the eighth of the month. I generally order two sets so that I can sell one if needed. I am waiting for APMEX to announce the alerts for the ATB pucks so I can get them on schedule and when prices are where they are affordable. New job and new budget and the wife, new job less pay...:( Good to see you are still one of the few that still enjoys these coins as much as I do. Just wish they would release Mt Rushmore sooner rather than at the end of the year. Have a great day and will check back in more often.

Gary

Bang Bang
Wed, Feb 27, 2013 - 6:45pm
pink freud

Get your clicking finger ready...

Cheers Gary!

Today at apmex, they created the 2013 ATB bullion page with alert me's.

Look how much our denali and volcano bullion are going for now :) I also snagged a denali P puck a few days ago before they sold out at the mint. The volcano P puck is now going for $600 on the secondary market. Wow huh!

Tue, Mar 5, 2013 - 2:00pm
Gunrunner
-
Magnolia, TX

Good afternoon Mr. Freud. I

Good afternoon Mr. Freud.

I too have set up my alert list on Apmex. Looked at the mint and still no dates of release. Could not get a Denali, but did order another chaco just for the fun of it. Have to watch my powder as I just bought the king of pennies to finish my collection. Have wanted one since I was a young boy and could not stand looking at that empty hole. It will soon have a disk in it that hole that states " In a slab"..:) Cant tell momma as she will perform something very strange to me while I sleep...:) If she only knew what I have spent on others like the 1914d or the 1955 double die.

Talk to you soon.

Gary

Bang Bang
Wed, Mar 20, 2013 - 3:16am Gunrunner
pink freud

dont tell momma then haha so,

dont tell momma then haha

so, what is the king of pennies? im a newb when it comes to old coins.

Thu, May 2, 2013 - 11:57am
Gunrunner
-
Magnolia, TX

King of pennies

Good morning Mr Freud

The king of pennies is the first lincoln cent from the San Fransisco mint in 1909 with the VDB on the reverse which is the initials of the engraver, Victor D. Brenner. More commonly known as a 1909s VDB it is considered the king of pennies.

I have recieved my cents from NGC and the 1909s VDB came back as I thought graded MS65. nice grade worth several ounces of ag.

NGC has a program for members that will allow the grading of the five oz puck for a flat rate of twenty dollars which includes encapsulation. As a collector I have found there is a higher premium when it is time to sell when graded so I intend to send my ATB's in for grading.

Have a great weekend and will visit again soon, hopefully the mint will allocate some silver to our pucks...:)

Bang Bang
Sun, May 5, 2013 - 9:02pm Gunrunner
pink freud

That is one expensive penny.

That is one expensive penny. Now I kow why it is the KING! :)

Good News!

The mint has announced the P puck dates. With a low cost of $179.95

not bad huh?

White Mountain May 16, 2013
Perry’s Victory June 6, 2013
Great Basin June 27, 2013
Fort McHenry August 2013
Mount Rushmore November 2013

No word on the bullion versions yet.

Tue, May 7, 2013 - 1:14pm
Gunrunner
-
Magnolia, TX

Great price

Good afternoon Mr. Freud

I am enjoying the new low price for the mint pucks and have the dates marked on my calendar. I am puzzled also as to the bullion versions. I am on the alert list through APMEX and have not received one yet. Could it be that with the shortage of silver, the mint will not mint the bullion versions and stick to the numismatic versions only? Either way I will be buying one next Thursday. I also plan on buying the silver eagle set this Thursday. Time will tell. Which would you prefer buying, the mint or bullion versions?

Gary

Bang Bang
Wed, May 8, 2013 - 12:23pm
Gunrunner
-
Magnolia, TX

Update

Just strolled onto the APMEX site and see they are offering the White Mountain National Park puck at the low price of $143.95. Now the question... Should I wait and spend an extra thirty bucks for the collector version or get the bullion version. Decisions decisions..:)

Bang Bang
Wed, May 8, 2013 - 7:24pm
pink freud

Howdy Gary!

I like and collect the bullion version, but I have 2 P pucks (Hot Springs and Denali). The price is low enough that I may buy both. Im going to wait on the White Mtn P puck tho, I have just ordered the bullion version and looks like a May 24th ship date. Cool! Threw in a few 1/10 and 1/4 oz silver apmex rounds. The designs are beautiful, like the old time quarters and dimes.

I will also be getting the Silver Eagle set at the mint tomorrow, that enhanced Eagle is gonna be a winner! Cant wait to see it in person.

What do you think about the Ohio design?

Thu, May 16, 2013 - 12:41pm
Gunrunner
-
Magnolia, TX

Hello Mr. Freud Being a

Hello Mr. Freud

Being a collector, I just ordered the P version from the mint and then went to APMEX and ordered the bullion version for my nasty silver habit. The price is just too low to pass up. Don't tell my wife..:)

I also ordered two sets of the Westpoint silver eagles last Thursday. Estimated shipping date of 7-7-13. I too am looking forward to the new laser frosting in hand!!

As for the Ohio design, I can only hope that the mint does a good job of keeping the dies polished. With all that shiny background, it wouldn't take much to destroy the looks of it. I have seen them in circulation coins and they are real shiny. Just hope that the mint does as good a job on our pucks. Just a side note. I think they(the mint) could have picked a better state park with more design elements to it instead of a lot of sky and a monolith. Maybe they could have added some clouds to break it up a bit...:)

It is going to be an expensive couple of months the way these are being issued.

Have a great day and will visit soon.

Gary

Bang Bang
Wed, May 29, 2013 - 7:05pm Gunrunner
pink freud

Agreed

I think the Perrys Victory is the worst design so far. I will be holding my nose when I get one lol

That being said, it is now available to pre order the bullion version at our favorite retailer.

The next one (Great Basin) will be out in late June so I think ill wait and get them together to save on shipping.

Mon, Jun 17, 2013 - 1:09pm
Gunrunner
-
Magnolia, TX

Hello Mr. Freud Concur on the

Hello Mr. Freud

Concur on the worst design yet. I should be receiving mine today, according to the tracking app, and am almost afraid to open it. I know I wont like it and it is very possible that it could be the lowest mintage, due to dislike of the design, but it is still part of a collection and is necessary to have for that reason. I will also go to "our favorite retailer" to buy the bullion version as the price is too good to turn down. What the heck, I am still a stacker too...:) Just another two and a half weeks till the Great Basin coin comes out and I will be right there in line. Somewhat watching my powder as we have just purchased a new home out in the country with an acre and a half of land. Looking forward to the solitude and no neighbors right next door. Surprising note however.....The wife says we need to buy another safe...:O

Have a great day and will talk again soon.

PS I will upload a pic of the P Puck for all to see.

Bang Bang
randomness