Coronavirus (2019-nCoV)

172 posts / 0 new
Last post
Sat, Feb 22, 2020 - 12:23am
SealRock
-
San Francisco, CA

Cheap particulate masks at Dollar Tree

I was out running errands and saw a Dollar Tree store (SF Bay Area) as I was off to another destination. I had not been in a dollar store for over 10 years, but was interested in seeing the merchandise selection to see how vulnerable they are to supply chain disruption (some of these companies have bad balance sheets, so coupled with a cut off of supplies, could be a good short).

Anyway, I noticed that they had a large number of particulate masks. They look like N95s but are unlabled. There are 8 in a package and sell for $1! I bought 5 packages to give to my unprepared neighbors once they reach panic stage.

Sat, Feb 22, 2020 - 12:48am SealRock
Alex777

N95 Masks

I recently had to order via Amazon for shipment to Thailand had to pay $85 including tax and shipping for a pack of 20.

Stocks have all but disappeared here! My main concern was to get a genuine untouched 3M product

Sat, Feb 22, 2020 - 10:54pm
allenb

Transmitability from Bats?

I would be interested to know the opinions of the more knowledgeable among us regarding the comments in this video about transmitting from bats to humans?

Coronavirus Epidemic Update 23: Infections in Kids & Pregnancy, South Korea, Spillover From Bats
Sun, Feb 23, 2020 - 1:19pm SealRock
SealRock
-
San Francisco, CA

I tried out a mask last night

I tried out a mask last night. Quite flimsy with only one strap to secure it to one's face. Probably need to tape it in place. Was looking at Tractor Supply's website and see that they also have cheap "dust" masks. Not N95 rated, so I must have found dust masks at Dollar Tree.

Sun, Feb 23, 2020 - 8:03pm allenb
Green Lantern

allenb wrote:

allenb wrote:

I would be interested to know the opinions of the more knowledgeable among us regarding the comments in this video about transmitting from bats to humans?

Take a look at Jon Rappaport latest blog entry.

https://blog.nomorefakenews.com/2020/02/23/wuhan-and-the-polluted-air-as...

As I said, there are untold 1000's of Chinese returning to their western homes since January.

You can’t tell me Italy is in the grips of it through second and third generation contact and yet according to my Canadian friend, Vancouver and downtown + north Toronto completely absent of virus. Two of the biggest and well traveled Chinese communities in Canada.

New York City had multiple patients quarantined in hospitals. ONly to come back negative. flights continue from China and no cancellations from other Asian countries/TAiwan/Korea.

NO WHITE PEOPLE. I guess for that matter BLACK PEOPLE either.

And here is this article

#BREAKING: Air Canada says a passenger on one of its flights from Montreal to Vancouver has since tested positive for COVID-19.https://t.co/R3WVEX86CR

— Globalnews.ca (@globalnews) February 23, 2020

"a mild case" ?????

Did you realize that there were mild, non deadly forms of this virus and Canada is not concerned about other passengers?

I still want to know what the guy in the suits from CDC told Trump....He never said. So little information but great photos.

Realize, if a pandemic takes over NOrth America, THAN i'd back an impeachment of all North American Presidents. But I think they know something we don't.

So consider Rappaports post because I posted the same thing during the ebola crisis showing abdominal conditions in the outbreak region.

Consider there have been untold 1000's of Chinese that have returned to their non-China homes (all were quarantined) and most, if not all now, not from Hubei Province.

And now introducing, the MILD form of Corona virus.

My greatest fear is that somebody is poisoning the information well and this creates a morphic field of fear that doesn't balance itself for months until everyone realizes, ALOT of people should be dead, but they are not.

The hardest thing to realize, especially enlightened people, is that EVERYONE, no exclusions, is susceptible to some form of information hypnosis especially when it is being drilled into your head 24/7.

Am I saying don't prep alternative health or whatever medicines you deem appropriate? NO. No reason not to be prepped for any emerging virus.

AM i saying that you shouldn't be vigilante or get some extra food? NO. No harm done stacking lentils and rice other than a big belly.

I'll jump on board this is a pandemic when I start seeing some significant rise of the virus, not the "mild" sort.

If China was hiding it, then we're looking at the outbreak started sometime in December. Which means people were traveling well before anybody knew about the virus but since then China has built a wall (martial law) around Hubei Province. You can't even walk outside your apartment without somebody checking your temperature. So if this was an intentional time bomb, so far they failed. But succeeded at significant economic damage to certain industries and business's.

There has been consistent travel between China and India, you can confirm on OAG if you're concerned about the rate of travel between your country and China, And they have ZERO cases of Corona virus.

Sun, Feb 23, 2020 - 8:22pm
AGXIIK
-
reno, NV

ISOPROPYL ALCOHOL 90% WILL DISINFECT

N95 Mask

Spray mask inside and out. Let air dry. Told from a reliable source.

AGXIIK

Mon, Feb 24, 2020 - 5:25pm Clarkii Stomias
chillywit

Cytokine storm vs enhanced immune system

As I understand it, taking antihistamines will prevent an immune response from getting out of control and killing you. On the other hand, taking elderberry syrup will enhance your immune system. Aren't these opposite therapy approaches? Which is it?

Tue, Feb 25, 2020 - 8:51am
Green Lantern

With all due respect to the

With all due respect to the contributors of these idea’s both elderberry and using an anti-histamine to thwart off a cytokine storm, I’d suggest I’d use neither in this situation. Elderberry only as apart of a much more complext protocol because it is a well studied agent that does have favorable benefits for influenza and specific virus's. Quite frankly, we are so far overheads trying to allay our fears and protect ourselves, which is good, that a full response would be three pages long considering the biochemistry of elder and the actions of anti-histamines in response to corona virus.

This is not kiddie stuff and quick answers might give you a false sense of protection. My general criticism of alternative health forums is information is dispensed matching agent to symptom, no different than western medicine without considering the complex nature of these invaders.

Cytokines aren’t histamines. Cytokines are molecules produced by the body during infections along with their cousins, chemokine to respond to invasions in our bodies by viruses and bacteria. They are inflammatory molecules said in layman’s vernacular. Initially, they rush to the area of infection in order to fight the viral invasion. Unfortunately, bacteria and viruses use our immune response for their purposes. They can subvert these process, gather nutrients and feed the viruses especially the lungs where they can create the greatest damage.

Once you inhale the virus it attaches to the cells of the lungs. They produce a glue like substance, agglutinin and bind to the silica acid linkages on the surface of the airway epithelial cells. Chinese skullcap and ginger are hemagglutinin inhibitors. All viruses do this in their own way, they have an affinity for a unique receptor on the surface of specific cells and in one way or another they are going to get to that location. Once they attach to the cells, they dock themselves. As soon as the virus attaches itself, it alters the permeability fo the cell wall, which alters the cell and tricks the cell into make the virus inside where it can NOT be found by the immune system. It does this by using a particular kind of enzyme and breaks apart the cell. Flu agents such as Tamiflu are effective in the treatment of influenza, because they inhibit the ability fo the virus to enter host cells. This stops the infection. Yes Elder is a a neuraminidase inhibitor and effective against both influenza A and B strains.

During this process of the invading host taking over the cells which is called endocytosis, the virus creates a sealed bubble inside the cell to protect the virus. To do this the virus uses what is called the M2 ions. These are tiny pores in cells that allow molecules to enter and exit the cell. M2 is specific to the influenza A virus which is why pharma developed M2 inhibitors to be used in poultry farms.

Once the the pore is open, the virus disassembles itself and release viral RNA, proteins into the nucleus of the cell, where the cell iis stimulated to begin make copies of itself. The cell is basically then over by the virus. The cell dies and the newly created viruses move on to new host cells, making this process all over again. The lungs alveoli become dysfunctional.

The virus is doing all of this AND stimulating cytokines to release from the cell. By pushing out the cytokines, the virus has easier movement. There are VERY, VERY specific types of cytokine cascades for different virus’s. The virus also blocks the production of interferons. Thus you now begin adding interferon producing herbs such as licorice which will help reduce the severity of the infection.

The virus also inhibits dendritic cells, which inhibits response levels of T and B Cells. Elder is good at increasing T and B cells so is licorice, red root and zinc. Interferons are very general anti-virals and they are the chemical that gives you that full felling. The virus doesn’t make you feel all “fluffy” it is the chemical reactions in your body.

The list of cytokines that are released by the body is LONG and it’s a scary list. When your lymph system and lymph nodes are overfilled during sever infections, they can not drain. That is why lymph clearing herbs are added to the formulas to protect lymph structures and lungs, Red Root is particularly good, pleurisy root for the longs. None of this is SPECIFIC to SARS/Corona virus.

Virus also inhibits other immune system helpers. Something called macrophages. Again, there are specific agents for this process.

These virus’s are exceptionally sophisticated in it’s impacts. Plants that inhibit cytokines and chemokine help lessen severity of the damage to the cells. Every type of virus has a different cytokine profile with slightly different cytokines represented.

Corona virus (version 2003) because we don’t have the information on 2020 version works differently than influenza A or B. Version 2003 was a 6 day latency period and what I’ve been reading 2020 has new more complex mechanisms. And we know masks, while protecting you from respiratory droplets, it doesn’t protect you from surface contact on to the body, or body secretions. corona unlike influenza. CV attaches to ACE-2 on the surface of lung, lymph and spleen cells and while elder can block attachment it isn’t the best agent. Once the cell is infected and the ACE-2 function is destroyed, you need to add herbs that increase ACE-2 to protect the lungs. The cytokine storm is able to take place. The older and more compromised the victim (which is Jon Rappaports point about the air conditions in Wuhan), the greater the cytokine storm and the worse the outcome. Things the news don’t tell you. Autopsies of those who died showed that alveolar damage to the lungs was severe. Massive damage to the lymph nodes in the lungs, damage to the spleen and much ore. Therefore protection to the spleen and lymph is essential. Hence my initial post suggesting you go back and research the properties of invasive plants like Japanese knotweed (kudzu root) which is added to Corona virus herbal formulas.

There is no herbal tradition that one agent is used to address the very complex mechanisms of viral invasions. Yes, Elderberry is included in these formulations but does not address all the moving parts.

The complexity of coronavirus 2020 demands some really good research. Most of the top herbalists are experts in biochemistry, and immune system physiology. They are not woo woo, take some goldenseal and call me in the morning people. They use the same rigorous research that you would expect of any medical professional. So I can’t speak to the efficacy of OTC medicine without some rigorous research on preventing the debilitating effects of a very complex virus that requires each and every function to be addressed. Like I said in my original post where I provided a picture of the agents I have stocked, whether it’s for corona virus, influenza, or pneumonia, they are in the cabinet if they should be needed and not purchased willy nilly because I read it on some forum. I’ve done very in-depth research and have been I re-read these anti-viral and anti-infective books every year in the fall and decide what agents I need to make or purchase. It’s likely that the next few years I will be even more informed and more prepared.

The good news is if you're not inclined to do the research yourself, there are other that have reproduced these formulas' and can answer your questions.

If anything, this post demonstrates that simply boosting immune response w/out addressing all the moving parts and simply taking care of the cytokine storm is not sufficient for a virus that apparently can embed itself in your system and lie dormant alot longer than you're probably willing to pay attention weeks after infection.

Tue, Feb 25, 2020 - 12:33pm Green Lantern
ancientmoney
-
Madison, WI

GL re: Rappaport article...

Makes a lot of sense. The pollution there, along with the 5G rollout (which apparently reduces immune system function in living things) may be the primary cause of the pneumonia deaths in Wuhan area.

http://stateofthenation.co/?p=7709

Tue, Feb 25, 2020 - 4:54pm
waxybilldupp
-
Flyover land

Colloidal silver ...

After years of conversation about colloidal silver in these forums, I'm wondering why it hasn't come up in the discussion about corona virus? If CS is death to wee critters like bacteria and viruses, would it not help?

Would it not make sense to get colloidal silver into the lungs via a nebulizer in addition to oral ingestion?

Asking for a friend

Wax off

Tue, Feb 25, 2020 - 5:42pm
mavens

Covid-19 podcast

Mish Shedlock, Martenson, Jim Bianco discuss Covid-19.

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/macro-voices/id1079172742?i=100046...

Tue, Feb 25, 2020 - 6:44pm waxybilldupp
silverseeker

Colloidal Silver

Hello waxy,

CS has been coming up regularly in discussion; but the fact is, we have no guarantee of what exactly is going work. Since there are so many speculative options on what may work, my strategy is to employ multiple precautions that I believe will not impede or cause contraindications to any other treatment. If you've taken CS for a time, you know 1st hand it produces an imperceptible, but extremely beneficial aid to your immune system... I can only say I have not been sick since 2009.

A typical CS solution is 10 ppm in distilled water; which has never been associated with any medical complication over the last hundred years, and yet the pharmaceutical industry remains hysterical with regards to you NOT attempting to use something that they don't control and cannot profit from.

Would it not be nice if the CDC or NIH had honest updates, and were doing studies presently to see if CS or some of the many other home remedies we discuss had some beneficial effect? If any were found to help; millions of citizens could immediately be reducing the R0 spread of this virus... but no such reality exists- you are on your own to make your best preparations.

killing the banker Ponzi one ounce at a time

Tue, Feb 25, 2020 - 6:49pm waxybilldupp
Green Lantern

waxybilldupp wrote:

waxybilldupp wrote:

After years of conversation about colloidal silver in these forums, I'm wondering why it hasn't come up in the discussion about corona virus? If CS is death to wee critters like bacteria and viruses, would it not help?

Would it not make sense to get colloidal silver into the lungs via a nebulizer in addition to oral ingestion?

Asking for a friend

The reason I haven't mentioned it is exactly because there are years worth of conversations and figured whatever old timers are left already have this in their bag of goods. Newbies will have to be self-motivated or ask questions.

That being said, I do have it in my armory of anti-infectives and anti-virals. I haven't been taking it because I'm not an advocate of colloidal silver as a daily regiment, but as a medicinal, I am all aboard, but never inhaled it but do see websites advocating such practices with anecdotal evidence of it's effectiveness.

I can offer your friend this video by Dr. Paul Cotrell. He is something of a renaissance man from NYC. I've been listening to him since the outbreak especially with the first three suspected cases of CV in NYC. I am behind on his latest video's. Looks like Chinese media is attacking him for calling out the CCP for their lies.

Coronavirus and Alkaline Structured Silver with Dr Pedersen by Dr Paul Cottrell

He has a Ph.D. from MIT in Engineering. He has an MBA in finance In Harvards ALM program (I don't know what that is) and is now in process of getting his MD enrolled at Fordham University Pre-Med and he is a trader watching markets vs CV. So I introduce him as a neurotic New Yorker with many cross skill sets capable of good deductive thinking which he features on his videos Just in case your friend wants to know his background. Not a popular social media figure, (too many words and all that) but does have 27 K followers on youtube and does dive down many rabbit holes.

Tue, Feb 25, 2020 - 7:19pm
Green Lantern

Pandemic Bonds. One of the missing pieces of this puzzle.

There are billions of dollars at stake for the World Bank if WHO DOESN'T declare this a pandemic.

Apparently, people in the know bought Pandemic Bonds and ONLY get paid if there is NO pandemic. The world bank stands to loose BILLIONS of dollars if there is NOOO pandemic.

https://www.armstrongeconomics.com/international-news/disease/half-billi...

-----------------

What's different about Corona Virus from Ebola Virus information wise? We have more luminaries in social media with 1000's of followers. More thought leaders, more "experts" than ever before and many of them are analyzing the situation with what I call a Poisoned Well of Disinformation. It is even more difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff than ever before and put all the pieces together. Plus nobody has a coherent explanation of Trumps or even Trudeaus stance on this simply because we don't have that information.

It is so easy to get poisoned with bad data and project an outcome with fake numbers. It's clear to me China is BAD!! Economically, Politically, and Wuhan situation from 1st hand observers. Iran I have no idea because the source everybody is using gotten from secondary sources is a Iranian Media source that passed around Onion articles as true and aired ET conspiracies regarding US government. It doesn't even matter if the latter is true because you don't air something like that w/out a reason unless you are Alex Jones or Coast to Coast which specializes in something like that.

Net net, what I get from Armstrong is that the cycle hasn't arrived for the big one and doesn't until 2022. I don't know that for myself because I haven't tried to duplicate it other than do some research and I found a shorter cycle. But he's not saying it's nothing but the risks are being exaggerated for a pandemic.

So if this is a setup for something much bigger in the future, it's appropriate to start your prepping if you haven't done so. Surely, you face the risk of garden variety influenza every year and all these agents work fine for that. The bigger risks are the economic consequences, which I see first hand, running around NYC.

I have a Chinese doctor and went to her office yesterday and then she had to give me a referral to another doctor but she gave me 3 choices so I visited all their offices to see which one I could get an appointment. I was the ONLY one without a mask, staff and patients I have masks but still don't feel at risk or compelled to wear one w/out any confirmed cases. But I can understand their fear being Chinese, in a Chinese community. Just wondering why Canada, Toronto Vancouver Chinese area's with cold weather, continuous flights from China still seeing crickets and warm weather Italy is on lock down.

Alot of moving pieces. Sherlock Holmes would be in his glory.

Tue, Feb 25, 2020 - 11:16pm Green Lantern
allenb

With all due respect to the

Thanks Green Lantern.

Excellent post.

My best wishes for you and your wife.

Wed, Feb 26, 2020 - 2:23am
Green Lantern

Thank you AllenB

Thank you AllenB

--------

Pandemic Bonds

The bonds will be issued under IBRD’s “capital at risk” program because investors bear the risk of losing part or all of their investment in the bond if an epidemic event triggers pay-outs to eligible countries covered under the PEF.

Whether this was done intentionally to avoid a pay out, can't say.

First we had trillion dollar weather derivatives. People getting wealthy off of destroying crops and manipulating weather and fake global warming. And now people benefiting financially off of human suffering. Shouldn't this be illegal?

They don't need a full out pandemic. Just get enough people sick to insert all out panic and get paid. All Speculation. But evil.

Wed, Feb 26, 2020 - 8:27am
Green Lantern

As my friend Andy Pancholi

As my friend Andy Pancholi has discussed, this #COVIDー19 is very much linked to an 18.6 yr cycle that resurfaced after #SARS in 2002 and 18 yrs before, #HIV / Aids. How about the 100 year cycle.. 1918-20-#Influenza epidemic #1818 Cholera Pandemic 1718 - Measles- 1618-BlackDeath

Mark Newton

@MarkNewtonCMT

Did the Virus "cause" the Selloff? No. Did YOU sell stocks because of the Virus? It makes us comfortable to have something to blame as to the WHY.. but sentiment and cycles were positioned for this; Ample warning signs in breadth, momentum, sentiment, Defensiveness #COVID19

He's telling the truth. He shared with me his analysis of the market week before it went down and any Corona virus news was issued.

I've posted Marks work once before on the setup. He is a nice guy that owns his own investment firm and finds his way on CNBC, and Bloomberg which means most gold bugs will ignore him because he got all the turns in gold too.

He needs to make a living and there is no reason to brand yourself in a way that the majority would ignore. It's ok to have somebody working for establishment MSM that gives out information in a way that people can accept. .

Last six months I became friends with Mark and we have exchanged TONS of information on markets, metals and cycles. He goes deep down the rabbit hole and can read the kind of charts most people can't that are just too esoteric for people to comprehend. Don't let his suit fool you. He has branded himself smartly.

The guy he is quoting I really don't know but he had sent me some of his work which I have to go back and read. I think I might have read it but wasn't as impressed as with other cycles people I read.

I spoke about the 18.6 year cycle some in DOTS. I have no idea where Armstrong gets 13 year cycle but one day I'll have to do the division to figure it out. But the 18.6 year cycle makes sense to me since I know where it comes from. I'll save you from the esoteric clock lesson but it's something to keep in mind.

For those that read the set up, and have looked at the significance of fibonacci, you see the numbers involved in the golden mean which means everything if you're a gold bug. Black Death 1.618

Wed, Feb 26, 2020 - 9:02am
Green Lantern

https://www.zerohedge.com

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/trump-hold-news-conference-6pmet-dis...

The head of the CDC is the sister of Rod Rosenstein. Smell a rotten egg?

We now have a highly politicized health issue and wouldn't be surprised if it was the same in Europe and everywhere else.

Wed, Feb 26, 2020 - 5:24pm Green Lantern
waxybilldupp
-
Flyover land

Thanks GL and Silverseeker ...

The video was useful. Yes, CS has been discussed in these forums for years. What I was hoping for was a first hand account of CS being taken directly into the lungs via a nebulizer. The video touched on that. I don't recall ever seeing that discussed over the years. Just seemed logical to me that it could be a very effective means of introducing CS directly to where it might be needed. Also, could be a more efficient route than orally via stomach and intestines.

I guess I'll be the guinea pig. I'll check back on this topic in a few weeks.

Wax off

Wed, Feb 26, 2020 - 5:58pm
Green Lantern

Waxy let me address one thing

Waxy let me address one thing that I don't think has been aired before.

I studied at a licensed school by an expert that wrote the textbooks on taking essential oils internally and it's application in medicine for serious conditions. That was years ago.

I still get worried about doing it despite the fact Oil of Oregano has become a household name and it is on the shelves in every health food store.

It takes 100's of pounds of plant matter to make one drop of an oil. That's why it is so expensive. You're getting the blood of the plant. It is powerful, powerful medicine and needs to be respected. As long as you respect it, you have no problems.

The problem comes is that EVERYWHERE people post undocumented, unsupported shit about how dangerous it is. It is dangerous driving a car if you never drove before. It is dangerous pouring stuff down your mouth without reading the literature.

You put it in a capsule filled with olive or another oil.. You use ONE drop. It's been used in foods for 100's of years. It's in the medical literature going back to ancient egypt.

But after years of not using, mostly worried about the source, I had to speak to a friend who is in the health food industry business. I had to hear him say he does it all the time. All his clients use it. I had to reprogram myself.

I have nebulized it very close to me so I could inhale it into my lungs when I had a bad cold. It worked wonders. But I only kept the nebulizer running for like 20 minutes and paid attention to my body. I did everything a professional would do.

I read some websites but didn't post them because I can't speak to it. It seems that people do it. They sell the equipment.

What I would do is find one of these sellers and speak to them. Putting stuff in your lungs should be done respectively. I don't know if it needs to be done and I am prepped with more botanical medicine.

Essentially, it's important that you feel safe and you gather enough people's feedback. I don't see any danger since it's mostly water. You breathe worse shit going about your daily business with cars, buses and general air pollution and you're only breathing in nano particles.

BUT i'm not the expert. I'd do it if I felt I needed to but I'd double check with somebody who has the experience.

And my experience is that people who sell this stuff or in the business are largely very friendly and willing to share their experience.

There are charlatans too around every corner. If you have taken it orally without any reaction, probably not a problem.

The thing is I don't think you need to do it unless you have a lung problem. So check with your friend if they have COPD, Pneumonia or something else. IF I did, I'd just double check with somebody. Unfortunately, I can't provide 1st hand experience. But I inhaled nebulized plant material and I'm here to talk about it. For this, source matters.