Kirkland Lake

14 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Fri, Jan 3, 2020 - 6:04pm

Kirkland Lake

KL is BY FAR my largest holding and I have owned it since $8 in 2017. Your best source of information is the weekly wrap-up podcasts I record for Sprott Money each week. For example, today Eric discussed the impending prodcution reports that are due sometime next week. You should have a listen.

https://www.sprottmoney.com/Blog/ready-for-another-big-move-in-gold-and-...

Sun, Jan 5, 2020 - 2:52pm
SteveW
-
BC
Canada

Kirkland Lake

is also my largest holding. My first shares were acquired in Feb 2016 when I received 90 in the takeover of St Andrew Goldfields, which had just started production on the Taylor mine. I think KL was trading at a CAD $6 handle then (they are now CAD$57)

I mention this since it was a share purchase and St Andrew shareholders got 29% of the combined company very similar to the current 27% for Detour Lake shareholders. Both takeovers also involve operations in the geographic region of KL's Canadian operation in the Abitibi greenstone belt.

So I've been looking at Detour (mostly because I have difficulty understanding the book announcing the special meeting for Kirkland voting). Detour has a very informative website that I hope will be maintained. Basic annual operations are available: https://www.detourgold.com/operations/detour-lake-mine/default.aspx and it's very easy to produce charts. https://apps.indigotools.com/IR/IAC/?Ticker=DGC&Exchange=TSX# for example quarterly gold production.

Interestingly I found a very useful write up by Franco Nevada which has a 2% NSR on the Detour Lake mine. Apparently the revised mine plan, which extends the life of mine, is also expected to reduce output in 2019 and 2020, while the West Detour project (mine) is expected to complete permitting by 2025. https://www.franco-nevada.com/our-assets/assets-list/canada/detour-lake/...

We already know KL management are excellent operators and while the reduction in Detour production may impact share pricing in the near term I expect the stock to show excellent values within intermediate term of 2-4 years, irrespective of gold price.

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” ― Albert Camus
Mon, Jan 6, 2020 - 9:15am

from last Friday

Eric discusses KL's pending production report at about the 14:20 mark: https://www.sprottmoney.com/Blog/ready-for-another-big-move-in-gold-and-...

Mon, Jan 27, 2020 - 10:47am
NUGTCALL
-
Orlando, FL

KL And Detour

Does anyone know the total number of outstanding shares their will be if the deal goes through? Thanks in advance

Tue, Jan 28, 2020 - 6:06pm

looks to be a done deal

Thu, Jan 30, 2020 - 12:28pm
goldcom
-
Union, WA

KL share price

KL share price has been stuck in the mud to down 20% since the first discussion of the Detour merger. In one of Eric Sprott's discussion he was asked when would Detour's numbers be mixed in with KL's to which Eric said imediately.

KL is estimated to report earnings around Feb 19th with I assume Detour thrown in. It will be interesting to see how the market will react. Eric also said a while back smething like 40% of KL stock was being shorted and watching pricing it sure seems that way as KL is battling the anti PM sector crowd on its own front.

Most of the miners are rallying today while KL is down 1%. I do hope after 4th qtr earnings when the miners reports show a good upside the institutional money comes flowing in and if silver increases also maybe we will finally get more positive share prices as it should be 3 to 4 times the movement of the metals. With that in mind we have some ground to make up also.

Jerry G
Sun, Feb 2, 2020 - 1:15pm
murphy
-
On the Border

More bat issues

Mon, Feb 3, 2020 - 1:01pm
murphy
-
On the Border

KL

Fri, Feb 7, 2020 - 12:06pm TF
Alex Jensen

Hi Craig, would you stil buy

Hi Craig, would you stil buy Kirkland Lake shares? The price today is 48 dollars!

Thanks

Alex

Mon, Feb 10, 2020 - 12:51pm
SteveW
-
BC
Canada

KL bounce

Strong bounce today (~4%) after 5 red candles all last week. Maybe the $36 chance to buy is disappearing. FWIW, I added a few at $37.50 last week in addition to my March $40 calls that I got as it sank below $39.

Alex, I bought after KL went under CAD$50, it has a chance to close above that in a day or two.

“Don't walk behind me; I may not lead. Don't walk in front of me; I may not follow. Just walk beside me and be my friend.” ― Albert Camus
Mon, Feb 10, 2020 - 1:26pm Alex Jensen

nice work by Steve

And yes I would. Mentioned this in today's am post.

Mon, Feb 10, 2020 - 6:03pm
lakedweller2
-
AL

KL

Was my biggest holding for a year or two. Began taking profits around $48 and moved sales overtime to DFMTF, DSVMF, ELYGF, GLVMF, PGEZF, IRVRF, LOMLF,MAKOF, MMNGF, MAIFF, NSHRF, SMDZF, VIZSF. I also used some Great Bear, Silver Crest and Novo profits but kept core positions in those.

The point being, rather than hold onto my good profits in KL and keep waiting for the"real bull market" in PMs, I decided to compound my KL earnings. I also used some of KL and AG earnings over time to pay taxes which makes the tax impact less in my mind if I pay them with some earnings.

Selling KL seemed like a wrong decision at the time, but many of those I bought have made good earnings while KL tanked. I am hoping the new ones go up more than KL when Jamie Dimon goes to jail and the "real PM" rally starts.

Thu, Apr 9, 2020 - 5:01pm
silverseeker

Q1 2020 consolidated production results

Press release out today; have not listened to conf call yet; but must assume the 3.8 Million tonnes of ore processed at Detour mine cost a bit less than guidance with oil price now 30-40% below when guidance was released. Now, all miners will suspend forward guidance; making ‘beat’ or ‘miss’ stock rigging games tougher for the banks.

Notice the consolidated production table; just how incredibly rich the Swan zone continued to be... its a Gold Mine😊

killing the banker Ponzi one ounce at a time

Wed, Apr 22, 2020 - 10:08am
NUGTCALL
-
Orlando, FL

Mining results

randomness