What Do Central Banks And Foreign Countries Know That We Don't Know?

10 posts / 0 new
Last post
Laurichmusic
Laurichmusic's picture
Hat Tips: 37
What Do Central Banks And Foreign Countries Know That We Don't Know?

There’s something happening here, not just recently in terms of the trend of Central Banks from selling a little bit of Gold to buying Gold, but just their absolute holdings, relative to the size of their economies says to the world, these Central Banks believe that Gold has value and it’s an important asset to back up their economy and back up their currency. Otherwise, if it wasn’t, they wouldn’t be holding all of that Gold. They’d be getting rid of it and getting something else to represent that. So there’s a message being sent."

- APMEX CEO, Michael Haynes

Numerous foreign countries, including both the citizenship and their Central Banks, have centuries of experience in politics, currency and economics. This is in sharp contrast to the U.S., which is still a relatively young country. These nations are actively engaging in both private and public ownership of Gold during these uncertain and volatile times. This begs the question: What do they know, collectively, that we do not know? What is driving them towards encouraging private ownership and increasing their Gold reserves?

http://video.cnbc.com/gallery/?video=2021691229

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 05:31
Gramp
Gramp's picture
Hat Tips: 5388
Laurichmusic said,in sharp

Laurichmusic said,

"in sharp contrast to the U.S., which is still a relatively young country."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Why does it seem as though the U.S. has been used like a kid starting a new job?...

Eager for attention and approval from the international community,  the productivity of our  Nation's youth has passed us by, only to be taken advantage of by "The Old Hands"...

~ Even a dead Fish can go with the flow ~

PhyzEd
PhyzEd's picture
Hat Tips: 137
Iceland knows something too...

Inflation (via QE3)  may come here, but Iceland aint taking it no more! Kudo's to 'em, they got big BALLS!

http://deadlinelive.info/2011/06/22/iceland-declares-independence-from-int-banksters-nwo-weather-warfare-punishment-soon/

So if they don't pay the banksters back, will this set precedence?

The world is watching you, Icelanders...

Shawk Nixon
Shawk Nixon's picture
Hat Tips: 8
There was an interesting

There was an interesting comment from a caller on Goldseek radio interviews this week.  He said his banker friend told him they are starting to write clauses in mortgages that would allow the bank to reset the mortgage if their was a large enough currency depreciation.  

If this is true (needs verified) then I'd expect this to start hitting the fine print of credit cards and other debt.  It just be another sign that upper management knows that further money printing and easing is coming.  Moves like this and purchases of gold by central banks is all part of the preparation. 

Prize Fighter
Prize Fighter's picture
Hat Tips: 3350
Shawk Nixon wrote:There was

Shawk Nixon wrote:

There was an interesting comment from a caller on Goldseek radio interviews this week.  He said his banker friend told him they are starting to write clauses in mortgages that would allow the bank to reset the mortgage if their was a large enough currency depreciation.  

If this is true (needs verified) then I'd expect this to start hitting the fine print of credit cards and other debt.  It just be another sign that upper management knows that further money printing and easing is coming.  Moves like this and purchases of gold by central banks is all part of the preparation. 

Thanks for the note on that interview.  It wouldn't surprise me at all if that was being done.  Some months ago I started questioning those who thought they would be able to pay down debt in the future with cheap hyper-cash.  My question had more to do with the actual mechanics, being that the people are furthest from the printing press and by the time that pay raise makes its way through the system of squeezed margins and gears, it will be needed to cover rising food, gas, utility prices instead of that fixed rate principle.  Maybe it will work maybe it won't, I don't know.  I do know there are no free lunches, so now more than ever, caveat emptor when signing anything!  Remember the PM motto, or at least mine, "Zero Counter-party Risk!"  That means everything in these last days of debased dollar debauchery.

Shawk Nixon
Shawk Nixon's picture
Hat Tips: 8
That is the problem with

That is the problem with hyperinflation.  Often the banks are the first to get the newly created money and can move it before it looses too much value. It's the poor and middle class that feed the velocity  and get shafted as their wages won't keep up with the loss of value.  As you say, most of the wages then go for food and basic needs.  I just think if your plan is to go into heavy debt and buy precious metals, you might end up stymied if the government changes the rules. 

If you have some modest debt and fixed rate mortgage, I wouldn't necessarily pay it off instead of buying gold.  Though I think we'll eventually hyperinflate, its feasible and probably likely that we'll have high inflation and rising metals prices for awhile before any currency collapse.  In that case, trading metals on the exchange would have some advantage in the mean time with a small portion of your overall wealth.

The idea of going into heavy debt and paying it off isn't necessarily a fool proof plan because governments can act in an unpredictable manner during a crisis.

PhyzEd
PhyzEd's picture
Hat Tips: 137
Iceland rejects.. Now Egypt

Earlier post was about Iceland declaring independence from International Banksters.. In keeping with the Forum Topic 

"What Do Central Banks And Foreign Countries Know That We Don't Know?"

Now Egypt along with Iceland is publicly rejecting the IMF.

http://www.nowlebanon.com/NewsArticleDetails.aspx?ID=285516

Most foriegners I have spoken with are well aware of the safehaven Precious Metals offer. While most Americans have very little interest...

¤
¤'s picture
Hat Tips: 92321
Financial De-Evolution/Gold

Don't think for a moment I'm a AGA.

I hold physical PM's like most of you for the same reasons. When times are uncertain people tend to revert to what they feel his historically safe and valuable. 

If it's a tool, transportation, a means of security/ protection or a way to purchase or barter goods,  people/civilizations have always returned to what they know and trust and that has worked in the past for generations.

We are seeing people and their Government's lose confidence in the relatively new way(post cold war?) of doing business and mingling globally in all aspects. The stress of too many people competing for fewer goods/jobs at cut throat prices if possible (cheap exports) is creating lots of stress and of course debt for overextended countries and people.

Parts of society and some civilizations are going through a de-evolution of sorts  in attitudes, diplomacy and their ability to reason and  solve their most glaring basic needs. The reason that central governments, banks and people are starting to hold/hoard gold is because they know that the fiat currency debt situation is beyond control and they see the future and are preparing. The big players have lost the advantage and will do anything to regain it.

The CG's/Banks know their financial/banking paper scheme has just about run it's course and they are fleeing to the original source of collateral they have always held for many, many centuries.  This time around because of technology, they will have not only gold/silver/gems as their show of wealth but also oil, food, water and their military might as the basis for any new regional currency that is established.

Don't think for a moment that a countries military is not representative in it's currency valuation.  Think about why the POSX is as strong (even though it's weak today) as it is and you'll realize it's also about siding with the strongest country or army or warrior just like in history.  

We're sliding backwards into history and reverting to a simpler way of dealing with things in our responses because of the serious global events  and circumstances that are now arranged in front of us like a minefield.  Large parts of the world are in or headed into armed conflict. War is usually good for economies due to rebuilding and jobs growth during and after (unless you've been reduced to dust or a piece of glass).

People, just like animals, have instincts and  a acute sense of  danger and a protective instinct. I think were seeing those same primal instincts in how we are preparing now as a people, society and Government.

Battening down the hatches comes to mind.

An epic lack of foresight, accuracy and rationale...
https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/170246#comment-170246

tankerfirstofficer
tankerfirstofficer's picture
Hat Tips: 553
What does "AGA" mean?

What does "AGA" mean... that's a new one for me around here. Thanks!

Prize Fighter
Prize Fighter's picture
Hat Tips: 3350
AGA = Anti-Gold A**hole Not

AGA = Anti-Gold A**hole

Not sure if that is perfectly correct but that's basically it.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "What Do Central Banks And Foreign Countries Know That We Don't Know?"