Ron Paul worries Fort Knox gold is gone

17 posts / 0 new
Last post
Shill
Shill's picture
Ron Paul worries Fort Knox gold is gone

http://money.cnn.com/2011/06/24/news/economy/ron_paul_gold_audit/index.htm?iid=HP_LN

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 05:06

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

sevin
sevin's picture
Hat Tips: 1149
@shill Thanks. Maybe the

@shill

Thanks. Maybe the government could employ lots of people to go in and count, move, and test it to help lower our unemployment numbers?

lilbromarky1
lilbromarky1's picture
Hat Tips: 2464
what's disturbing isnt that

what's disturbing isnt that the gold is gone, its that CNN allowed that notion to be presented.   Alot of  baby boomer minds would be blown if they found out there wasnt any gold in fort knox.

I'm sure its gone.  Its just like a bank run.  When the vault finally opens everyone rushes in to recoup their losses only to find out there was never anything in the vault to begin with.

Like my ideas? Check our blog at: http://backtobasicseconomics.blogspot.com/

BASEBALL 13
BASEBALL 13's picture
Hat Tips: 1181
Subcommittee Video?

Does anyone know where we can find the video of Ron Paul's subcommittee hearing regarding a physical audit of Ft. Knox that occurred yesterday. Mysteriously CSPAN didn't have it...

SilverSurfer21
SilverSurfer21's picture
Hat Tips: 17
Tried to listen to it live

Tried to listen to it live but was caught in meetings all day.  Just found it online watching it now..

lilbromarky1
lilbromarky1's picture
The video on the cnn page is

The video on the cnn page is full of propaganda.  Guy talks about his vault being down underground with the fed reserve vaults.  The same Fed Reserve vaults that hold no gold according to the Fed.   Does the grey haired man in the video think we are watching Die Hard With A Vengeance?

Also I love how the one scenario he paints is "high grownth, low unemployment".   Yea that'll happen in the next 5 years.  What a schill.

Shill
Shill's picture
Gone is right

I have no doubt in my mind its gone. Let's think about  who and what we are dealing with here. Were dealing with the people Who created the Mortgage back Security scam. People who know doubt had full knowledge of what took place on 9-11 (No I am no conspiracy theorist I am a realist ). Were dealing with the same people who would steal your wallet right out of your back pocket and claim someone else did it. The gold has been gone for a long time, leased, sold, traded what ever, but its gone. If it were there then there should be no question about opening up the vaults and let the TAX payers view and test said contents. But nope its a State secret for your own well being, stop thinking for yourself go home and Watch American Idol we have your back. The criminal organization that is running this Country is scrambling faster than you realize, the deck chairs are moving rapidly do try and keep up.

Be well.

And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers.

SilverSurfer21
SilverSurfer21's picture
Hat Tips: 17
That testimony was

That testimony was mind-boggling.  Loved when the guy asks him a straight question, "who owns the gold?" and he tries the classic greenspan/bernanke approach of hiding behind dazzling wordplay.  

No doubt in my mind that it's gone, or at least heavily over-stated.  The fact that no gold certificates are paid in gold is all I need to know; the shell game continues..

Know More
Know More's picture
Hat Tips: 108
John Embry of Sprott GPMF "almost no gold held by any bank"(?)

King World News interview of June 24, with John Embry makes a good case for claim that most, all Western banks (as well as Ft Knox) have almost no gold: 

http://www.kingworldnews.com/kingworldnews/Broadcast/Entries/2011/6/24_John_Embry.html

@Shill - good questions: when, how, why, where, who ... IMO - many people know the details, particularly some in DC (who behave as if their main function is to cover up massive crimes such as Ft. Know gold ...).

The "who" question is probably the easiest to answer.

lilbromarky1
lilbromarky1's picture
In the end the americans will

In the end the americans will be left befuddled, holding the bag, unable to comprehend what happened, and trying to figure out where it all went wrong.  Sad.   I'm glad my passport works.

pipewerkz
pipewerkz's picture
Hat Tips: 15

BASEBALL 13 wrote:

Does anyone know where we can find the video of Ron Paul's subcommittee hearing regarding a physical audit of Ft. Knox that occurred yesterday. Mysteriously CSPAN didn't have it...

DailyPaul.com does a good job of keeping its finger on the pulse of all things Ron Paul. Normally with in minutes a video that was just on TV/Radio will be posted by someone in the community.

caramel
caramel's picture
Hat Tips: 320
silversurfer, agree, that was

silversurfer, agree, that was some sketchy testimony.  He's playing Paul using the politician's own game - avoid the question, delay answering the question, answer the wrong question, delay some more, spend some time defining things everyone already knows the answer too, etc.   I use the word 'playing' loosely b/c with Paul's experience, knew what little what come from the testimony.  

Leads us all to think - if there's nothing to hide, why hide?  I get the impression that if the Ron Paul's of gov't want to push and push too far, something will happen.  Rest assured the players already know what's coming & how to handle it - whether more hearings, meetings, attempts at legislation, media, etc.  

some questions a) is the gold there?  b) if so, is it encumbered?  The treasury official makes it clear the gold is not encumbered.  It's possible, however likely, that the gold is not present (or very little) and thus this gold is not encumbered in any way whereas the majority of the gold is no longer on US soil or if it is on US soil, is encumbered to entities such as the IMF & they're making stuff up.  

Is this stuff a national secret for national security purposes?  If so, haven't heard the argument made.  If it is about national security, how about having independent officials such as Paul verify the gold is there but to swear not to communicate the quantity. 

Violent Rhetoric
Violent Rhetoric's picture
Hat Tips: 475
I'd be pleasantly surprised

I'd be pleasantly surprised if there was any gold in there.

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as “bad luck.”
~ Robert Heinlein

HappyNow
HappyNow's picture
Hat Tips: 2386
There are two equally likely

There are two equally likely possibilities in my mind:

1) The gold is gone, or encumbered

2) The gold is there and unencumbered however the US Gov't doesn't want anyone to know just how much they have.  Lots of good global political reasons for that (eg how far can the debt be backed by gold).

In either scenario Ron Paul and anyone else interested will continue to be frustrated in their efforts to find out how much gold is in Ft. Knox.

It sucks, it really does.  I applaud the efforts to discover the truth.

Swing trade indexed ETFs. Long physical gold, silver, and 1 miner.

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
Aaaaand here's where it

Aaaaand here's where it went...

Be sure to watch the other 3 follow up videos for the complete story. Frightening.

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

Shill
Shill's picture
Yes Dr

Long time follower of Market Skeptics. Everyone should view this work.

Cheers

lilbromarky1
lilbromarky1's picture
Dr Durden wrote: Aaaaand

Dr Durden wrote:

Aaaaand here's where it went...

Be sure to watch the other 3 follow up videos for the complete story. Frightening.

Great series.  I wish he spent a little more time on some of hte ideas but he at least gets you thinking.  I've heard a lot of that stuff before.  Regardless of who is at the helm, its obvious there's a few people in power who are completely out of control and answer to noone.

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Ron Paul worries Fort Knox gold is gone"