Investors, why do you ask for a hot gold stock ?

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Fri, Jun 24, 2011 - 5:13am
gold bug-ger since 2001
-
in the middle of f'n nowhere, SE Asia
XX

Investors, why do you ask for a hot gold stock ?

This post is for investors not gamblers.

I have read a number of posts of those who are looking for a hot gold stock. Why? There are so many to choose from so I have taken a different approach. At the time I wish to increase my exposure to gold stocks I buy Sprott Precious Metals Fund (SPR003). For those that prefer a similar but American fund, then why not go with Tocqueville Gold Fund (TGLDX). John Embry (Sprott) and John Hathaway (Tocqueville) know a lot more about mining companies than 99% of the people posting on internet web boards. Why not invest with the pros?

Now for the million dollar question. When is the best time to buy? A month ago I was going with the seasonality story. We get screwed in the summer so I decreased my position for May and June. I put a big circle on August 25th as my big buy date. Was that the right thing to do? I don't have a clue. When John Embry, Jim Sinclair and James Turk say the big move may start this summer then I have to pay attention. I have split my funds into 3 thirds. One third to go back in on this Monday. One third on July 26th and the final third on August 25th. This way I have it figured to get at least a third at the bottom whether it is now, next month or in August (the seasonal low).

Why these dates you ask? Jesse at https://www.jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/ has followed the options expiry date. Amazingly it usually catches the low for many months.

The thing I know for sure -- gold stocks will be much, much higher by Christmas. Therefore, invest in a fund and turn off the computer and don't worry about it.

Edited by: gold bug-ger si... on Nov 8, 2014 - 5:31am
randomness