A new sense of urgency

25 posts / 0 new
Last post
jrobb316
jrobb316's picture
Hat Tips: 932
A new sense of urgency

Does anyone else have a renewed sense of urgency lately that something is about to happen? I havnt felt this way since 07/08 when I started prepping. I went today and picked up 50 5gallon buckets with lids for more food storage, etc.

Anyone think after QE "ends" at the end of the month we may see a deflationary crash again to scare the congress to raise the debt ceiling and thus continue more QE? Just a thought

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 05:06
Pax Argentum
Pax Argentum's picture
Maybe not a 'new' sense of

Maybe not a 'new' sense of urgency.

We are falling down a long slope to collapse. Sometimes slowly, sometimes more quickly but the fall never stops.

There will be a breaking point, a triggering event, but with the complex systems in play it is impossible to know what or exactly when. The collapse will then run its course over a matter of hours.

This is a marathon until then so pace yourself physically and mentally.

Pax

uptofreedom
uptofreedom's picture
Hat Tips: 561
The Fed is still reinvesting

The Fed is still reinvesting maturing securities, till they stop doing that I don't see deflation happening.  Disinflation (a decline in the rate of inflation, not deflation) yeah, deflation no.

I'm with ya on the new sense of urgency though.  This Dodd-Frank B.S. really has me wondering what's coming next...

jrobb316
jrobb316's picture
I say a new sense because

I say a new sense because personally my life rebounded due to many factors other than financially in 2008, and I got somewhat comfortable. I am also thinking on the Dodd-Frank thing as has been discussed in another thread that having more gold and silver eagles may offer better protection from confiscation. These guys are ruthless and I have no doubt they may try to steal our PMs.

tmosley
tmosley's picture
Hat Tips: 14948
YES. Get your shit together.

YES.

Get your shit together.  You got 5 weeks.  If we get more, count yourself lucky.

jrobb316
jrobb316's picture
Care to expand on that?

Care to expand on that?

Pax Argentum
Pax Argentum's picture
August 2nd, the day the

August 2nd, the day the Treasury finally runs out of money.

That said, I'm in the camp that says the Republicans will cave and agree to raise the debt ceiling, today's little temper tantrum 'walkout' notwithstanding.

Then it's Printing on, QE3 on, Operation Twist 2 on.

Pax

Ciga Exbroker
Ciga Exbroker's picture
Hat Tips: 2
A new scense of urgency

Interesting. I just put in another order to the Freeze Dried Guy.  Great minds think alike. Good think I bought all of my ammo years ago...that shit costs more than Gold now.

Ciga Exbroker
Ciga Exbroker's picture
Hat Tips: 2
Turd...I have a vey bad feeling here

What the hell am I going to do with this stack of ten oz bars?

Baxter Bentley
Baxter Bentley's picture
Hat Tips: 121
HR 822

My sense of urgency is in waiting for HR 822 to pass -- I'm hoping it gets attached to the debt ceiling bill.

For those who don't know, HR 822 would allow CCW holders national reciprocity (like a driver's license) to carry nationwide (in every state and DC excepting IL, which has no provision for CCW permits).

I'm looking forward to visiting NYC, Boston, DC, and all of the other places I've avoided because I refused to be disarmed.

Adventures
Adventures's picture
Hat Tips: 611
I've noticed a change as well

Most of of the folks that have followed Turd are proactive or at least looking for answers. While the sheeples are still locked into watching TV and the MSM they are still losing value on homes and paying a lot more money for the basics. They won't admit that things have changed. But Things have changed and they are a little scared.

I knew things had changed in 2007 and I started prepping to have a couple of months of food. Trust me After getting sick for and laying in a nursing home for 5 months and having your Mom buy food for you and you have nothing to support yourself and you must rely on others was a terrible feeling for me.

Now the sheeples are waking up a bit late. Nothing is a sure bet and all you can control is you.  The sheeples have sold themselves to debt slavery. To their debt, the banks,  their jobs, and to keeping up with the Jones.  I'll try and help out but I won't kill myself for morons or selfish little children that care more about an Ipod than what they will eat next month.

Captain Silver
Captain Silver's picture
Hat Tips: 758
Ciga Exbroker wrote: What the

Ciga Exbroker wrote:

What the hell am I going to do with this stack of ten oz bars?

I'll take care of those for you if you want :)

Actually, I've had two periods this year of a strong feeling to prepare more aggressively.  The first was when silver started to spike.  I think we got a glimpse of how fast an inflationary collapse could move prices.  I went out and bought another 300 gallons of water storage for the basement and 3 more months of long shelf life food.   Bought more ammo and another assault rifle too.  :)

This time it's the end of QE2.  Definitely felt a need to convert fiat to usable goods at a quicker pace over the last week or two.

Our monetary system has been hijacked by morons! Abandon ship!!!!

Jasper Puddlemaker
Jasper Puddlemaker's picture
Hat Tips: 1879
jrobb316 wrote:Does anyone

jrobb316 wrote:
Does anyone else have a renewed sense of urgency lately that something is about to happen?

Yes.  I have that "hunker down" feeling again.  I think Sinclair's, Celente's, and LEAP/GEAB recent statements have contributed to my feeling though.  It could be a false alarm, but I would be stupid to not pay attention to my heightened sense of anxiety.

Captain Benny
Captain Benny's picture
Hat Tips: 487
With no hesitatation, YES

Yes I do feel a renewed sense of urgency.  Not because of Fukushima, not because of silver and gold hitting highs, not because of Greece, not because of QE2 ending, and not because of a debt ceiling debate.  My subconscious is telling my conscious mind each and every day and each and every night that there is something more seriously wrong going on today.  I cannot put a finger on a single one of the major problems we face and say that is why my subconscious says we're in serious trouble.

I trust my subconscious because it has never deceived me.  The only bad or faulty decisions I've made in my life were made by my conscious mind overriding the will of my subconscious.  I know it may sound strange to those who don't believe in the concept of a "collective conscious" but there is screaming in my head at all hours of the day and night and it isn't caused by my psyche. This leads me to suspect that the life of this world: the people, plants, animals, and nature are all upset about.

The problems that my subconscious is telling me to be prepared for are not the creation of man alone, but the creation of the collective consciousness in an effort to eradicate the cancers that plague it.

I don't know what else I can do to physically prepare other than what I do each and every day to prepare and plan for physically.  I'll admit that I'm struggling with the mental preparation for what will transpire.  I know that if I had to shoot a gun to take a life or protect a life, I am prepared for the mental reaction that most couldn't cope with.  I know that I'm mentally prepared to live in a remote isolation if it came to that.  I'm still working to through my mind the process of failing to be prepared to lose the life of a loved one, its possibly the most difficult topic I've been working on.  Spiritually prep for me involves meditating and thinking through scenarios that both could and those "would never happen" .

A lot of religious people visit/follow Turd and I am certainly not one of them nor do I want to hear someone spout their religious belief in some being or fable created by man.  Spirituality mustn't be confused with religion.  Does anyone else have advice on the spiritual preparedness or a take on the collective consciousness, even if you aren't a "believer" in it?

terri5125
terri5125's picture
Hat Tips: 698
SOMETHING IS WRONG

Captain Benny- I will agree with you. FOR ME my subconscious is the Holy Spirit and yes everyday something is yelling deep down in me that something is very wrong here. I can't pinpoint it...yes, we can say politics, corruption, lies directly from the people who were voted in to love this country and keep her free, painful economy BUT all those things are a symptom and my GUT is screaming that I am not seeing the whole picture here but SOMETHING IS VERY WRONG.

Too much wrong all at the same time and so I prepare. I don't believe God mentioned the ant in the Bible for no reason or for that matter Joseph putting aside 7 years of crops in Egypt...I honestly think He is speaking with many of us in a way that each of us can hear whether that be "our gut", "our subconscious" and so on.

I just hope more people are open to what they are hearing because right now I could weep for what has happened to this nation but not just this nation...every single other nation also at the exact same time.

Dr Durden
Dr Durden's picture
Hat Tips: 5371
Nah, we've got 545 days, 2

Nah, we've got 545 days, 2 hours and 27 minutes....pa-lenty of time....wink

If you're paying attention, sure you've got a sense of urgency. Those that have their head resting comfortably up their fourth point of contact don't at all. I wish I could be one of them, it would be far less stressful. Then again, I'm not wired that way and that's why I'm here.

Just listened to a recent Lindsey Williams interview. If that dude isn't enough to make your testicles tingle with sever "oh fuck-itis" then you're simply brain dead.

Got GIABO?

"It's called the American dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it." ~George Carlin

Captain Benny
Captain Benny's picture
Stress

Strangely I do not feel stressed from what is going on.  I currently feel disgust, apathy, pity, and sympathy.  The stress for me is yet to come and I'm not sure the source of it yet.  This is possibly why I'm having trouble preparing, I guess.

silverbleve
silverbleve's picture
Hat Tips: 2217
sure, lets do it

I'm ready right now, you should be too. Bring it on. 

home farm w/ food production, check

enough physical to live off of under current prices for 2 years, check

ar-15 , 44 revolver, 22 LR /w sweet scope and ammo, check

progresso soup, spam, ramen, 50lb bags of rice beans, flour and sugar for two years, check

year round fresh water supply from two separate sources and means to purify without electricity, check

fist aid and medicine supplies, check

miles of free firewood in every direction, check

emergency radio, generators, candles, batteries, home still to make my own whiskey, check, check, check check.

to no longer worry about anything hitting the fan: PRICELESS

The worst thing for me about something big and bad happening, is that I will have to quit smoking tobacco and become a vegetarian. Not that I couldn't prepare so I could keep eating meat and smoking like a chimney, but I figure why not try to have some good come out of it too. 

Ask yourself, "Am I prepared?" If the answer is no why not just do something about it? 

You will never encounter any situation in life where PANIC is a helpful response. 

kenklave
kenklave's picture
Hat Tips: 574
Jrobb, Your dog is wearing a

Jrobb,

Your dog is wearing a tie.

Captain Benny
Captain Benny's picture
S.Bleve wrote: progresso

S.Bleve wrote:

progresso soup, spam, ramen, 50lb bags of rice beans, flour and sugar for two years, check

...The worst thing for me about something big and bad happening, is that I will have to quit smoking tobacco and become a vegetarian.

At least you have some canned meat in there :)  Its not hard to raise rabbits and have occasional meat.  They're easier to care for than chickens since they're mammals and they'll eat the parts of plants you don't want to.  They make great fertilizer and also will keep your dog(s) entertained for hours!

pourty
pourty's picture
Hat Tips: 2678
You don't win the prize with emotion

Don't go nuts expecting the spectacular.  Keep a steady hand and buy PM's with extra cash at a regular rate.  And don't get weak and sell when they go down.  If you have to sell, at least wait for a spike.  It's going to happen, it might not last, but you'll get your chance.

Slow and steady is what's going to win this race.  You mix emotion into it and you could lose your shirt...

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "A new sense of urgency"