LA Will Be a Hot-Spot

16 posts / 0 new
Last post
Jake
Jake's picture
Hat Tips: 7806
LA Will Be a Hot-Spot

Top 5 Places NOT To Be When The Dollar Collapses

The dollar collapse will be the single largest event in human history. This will be the first event that will touch every single living person in the world. All human activity is controlled by money. Our wealth,our work,our food,our government,even our relationships are affected by money. No money in human history has had as much reach in both breadth and depth as the dollar. It is the de facto world currency. All other currency collapses will pale in comparison to this big one. All other currency crises have been regional and there were other currencies for people to grasp on to. This collapse will be global and it will bring down not only the dollar but all other fiat currencies,as they are fundamentally no different. The collapse of currencies will lead to the collapse of ALL paper assets. The repercussions to this will have incredible results worldwide. (Read the Silver Bullet and the Silver Shield to protect yourself from this collapse.)

Number 2. Southern California doesn't look too promising

2. Southern California- The land of Fruits and Nuts turns into Battlefield Los Angeles. 20 million people packed into an area that has no water and thus food is not good to say the least. Throw on top of the huge wealth disparities and the proximity to a narco state and this does not bode well. We have seen riots for Rodney King,what will happen when the dollar is destroyed and food an fuel stop coming into this area. People will get desperate and do crazy things,especially when a huge proportion of its citizens are on anti depressants. If food and fuel cannot get in,what about Zolfot? At a time when people’s world are falling apart they lack the ability to deal with this new paradigm. If people come off of these drugs too fast they suffer psychotic breaks and you will have thousands of shootings or suicides.

Read More...  http://dont-tread-on.me/top-5-places-not-to-be-when-the-dollar-collapses/

Here's a reminder:

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 05:06

Your Silver--I Want to Buy it! Sell Me Your Silver!

Sterling
Sterling's picture
Hat Tips: 2826
Yep - and I'm in San Diego -

Yep - and I'm in San Diego - trapped between LA and Tijuana.  I'm prepped though!

Can I offer you a drink? How about this expensive prostitute?

California Lawyer
California Lawyer's picture
Hat Tips: 22057
LA Riots - 2011

Jake wrote:

Top 5 Places NOT To Be When The Dollar Collapses

The dollar collapse will be the single largest event in human history. This will be the first event that will touch every single living person in the world. All human activity is controlled by money. Our wealth,our work,our food,our government,even our relationships are affected by money. No money in human history has had as much reach in both breadth and depth as the dollar. It is the de facto world currency. All other currency collapses will pale in comparison to this big one. All other currency crises have been regional and there were other currencies for people to grasp on to. This collapse will be global and it will bring down not only the dollar but all other fiat currencies,as they are fundamentally no different. The collapse of currencies will lead to the collapse of ALL paper assets. The repercussions to this will have incredible results worldwide. (Read the Silver Bullet and the Silver Shield to protect yourself from this collapse.)

Number 2. Southern California doesn't look too promising

2. Southern California- The land of Fruits and Nuts turns into Battlefield Los Angeles. 20 million people packed into an area that has no water and thus food is not good to say the least. Throw on top of the huge wealth disparities and the proximity to a narco state and this does not bode well. We have seen riots for Rodney King,what will happen when the dollar is destroyed and food an fuel stop coming into this area. People will get desperate and do crazy things,especially when a huge proportion of its citizens are on anti depressants. If food and fuel cannot get in,what about Zolfot? At a time when people’s world are falling apart they lack the ability to deal with this new paradigm. If people come off of these drugs too fast they suffer psychotic breaks and you will have thousands of shootings or suicides.

Read More...  http://dont-tread-on.me/top-5-places-not-to-be-when-the-dollar-collapses/

Here's a reminder:

I live in So Cal.  I happen to have lived here in North Hollywood at the time of the 1992 LA Riots.  I was going to Law School in LA at the time.  I remember the start of the riots very clearly.  I was inside school, on the sixth floor.  I looked out the window, south towards south-central LA, and saw several thin plumes of black smoke, spread out maybe for three miles or so.  I thought it was a fire or two, no big deal.  About an hour later, there were dozens of plumes.  Right about that time, the school security officer came into the study room, and announced that school was closed, effective immediately.  He had this look of utter panic in his face, kind of like some students had during final exams from the previous semester.  There was no mistaking his tone, his look of panic.  I will never forget it.

Me and my study group, all three of us, packed up and drove from downtown LA to North Hollywood.  I went up Vermont, right past the Ralphs supermarket.  The parking lot was crawling with people, and it did look out of the ordinary to me.  I did not notice the anarchy which had broken out.  It took me about 15 minutes to get to North Hollywood.

I turned on Channel 13, and saw the helicopters shooting video right above that same Ralphs supermarket.  The tv images were mesmerizing.  I saw total anarchy, chaos, it was frightening.  I realized that I managed to escape the frenzy, thank goodness.

However, the North Hollywood neighborhood where I was, just basically went quiet.  Nobody ventured out for two days.  We all just watched TV, scared to leave the house.  The pockets of anarchy were, not surprisingly, limited to those areas of lower socioeconomic strata.  In the areas where there was a high proportion of people receiving government benefits, those areas were in total anarchy and upheaval.  It was in these areas that the National Guard had deployed.  There were no fires outside these isolated pockets.

None of the miscreants managed to take the anarchy beyond their own neighborhoods.  None of the anarchy spread to the valley, or inland.  Order was restored, eventually, but I still will never forget what I saw.

So, my take from this whole past history is very simple.  Anarchy will ALMOST CERTAINLY break out in the welfare areas.  There will be some spread, but not much.  I don't see the chaos spreading too far outside of the inner city here in So. Cal., because there is not enough infrastructure to move the masses beyond the inner city.  See, here in LA, there is no real public transportation, thus, most of the thugs cannot simply gather long distances away from their own turf.  In a time of chaos, the masses will stay put, since public transportation will be shut down, so there will be no buses, or light rail. Since the poor do not have vehicles to escape their poor neighborhoods, they have to stay put.  Likewise, no one outside of the poor areas will drive to the poor areas, so the anarchy will be contained.

If some thugs do mention to venture too far into the good parts of LA, or even North Orange County, I am CERTAIN that there will be an armed citizenry which will arise and put an immediate stop to any anarchy which may try to break out.

From there, it will be a hunker down in place mentality, until some semblance of order is restored.  I look for a state of martial law to be declared in So Cal, with the National Guard once again mobilizing.

My family and I are prepared, thanks to Turd and the other sages on this blog.

The only real challenge is to stay nimble and spot the opportunities which will arise following the Great Collapse.

I think we should all be thinking in terms like that.

Just my $0.02.

"To save yourself from all this that has happened and will continue to happen requires commitment and courage. You have it or you do not. Admit who you are and act accordingly."
Jim Sinclair, December 18, 2012.

Violent Rhetoric
Violent Rhetoric's picture
Hat Tips: 475
Memphis won't be too good a

Memphis won't be too good a place either.

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as “bad luck.”
~ Robert Heinlein

SilverTree
SilverTree's picture
Hat Tips: 4521
IMHO

WE ARE ALL SCREWED! IMHO

Baxter Bentley
Baxter Bentley's picture
Hat Tips: 121
California Lawyer wrote: So,

California Lawyer wrote:

So, my take from this whole past history is very simple.  Anarchy will ALMOST CERTAINLY break out in the welfare areas.

Umm... You do realize that this isn't 1992, right? The "welfare areas" are now basically everywhere that isn't obviously wealthy. Secondly, there is no real national guard to mobilize. We're been fighting two different wars for a combined years-total of 18 years -- the national guard and reserve units are over there, not here. The National Guard -- and only the national guard -- stopped the LA riots. 

Quote:
There will be some spread, but not much.  I don't see the chaos spreading too far outside of the inner city here in So. Cal., because there is not enough infrastructure to move the masses beyond the inner city.

Wishful thinking, at best. When armed gangs invade car dealerships to steal cars, do you think the salespeople are going to fight them off?

Quote:
See, here in LA, there is no real public transportation, thus, most of the thugs cannot simply gather long distances away from their own turf.  In a time of chaos, the masses will stay put, since public transportation will be shut down, so there will be no buses, or light rail. Since the poor do not have vehicles to escape their poor neighborhoods, they have to stay put.

Your level of delusion is palpaple.

Quote:
Likewise, no one outside of the poor areas will drive to the poor areas, so the anarchy will be contained.

My last sentence, repeated here.

Quote:
If some thugs do mention to venture too far into the good parts of LA, or even North Orange County, I am CERTAIN that there will be an armed citizenry which will arise and put an immediate stop to any anarchy which may try to break out.

What armed citizenry?!?! You live in California, not Texas or Arizona! Do you think the tiny fraction of gun owners (who BTW are limited to crippled versions of real guns) stand a chance against hardened gang members, armed with illegal firearms?

Quote:
From there, it will be a hunker down in place mentality, until some semblance of order is restored.  I look for a state of martial law to be declared in So Cal, with the National Guard once again mobilizing.

What National Guard? If you're in urban Los Angeles when SHTF, you don't stand a chance. Any belief otherwise is pure fantasy.

Baxter Bentley
Baxter Bentley's picture
Also, if NG troops are

Also, if NG troops are available they will be used in suppression of riots in Sacramento (for obvious reasons) and San Francisco (as the financial center of the West Coast) / Oakland (as a major shipping port and adjacent to SF), not in Los Angeles. Southern California offers nothing useful to the day-to-day operations of state of California (in times of emergency and otherwise), so LA will be left to burn.

Disclosure: I was a 20-year resident of California.

California Lawyer
Delusional?

Hey Baxter:

My opinion is my opinion.  That you decide to call it delusional does not add to the analysis.

On the other hand, you claim that armed gangs will invade car dealerships.  But I am delusional?

Re armed citizenry: I live here, with my neighbors.  We are ARMED, heavily.  Crippled versions of real guns?  Since when does a ten round magazine constitute crippled, especially when I can reload a fresh magazine in under a second? 

My neighbors and my family just choose to be low key about it.  If thugs descend on this neighborhood, there will first be dead thugs, followed by a 911 call. 

As far as the doomsday scenario, I lived through it, and I see it playing out similarly as before.  The inner city will be chaotic, while the outlying areas, and most decent suburbs will be just fine, initially.  After two weeks or so, I really do not know what will happen other than the end of the Keynesian experiment.

"To save yourself from all this that has happened and will continue to happen requires commitment and courage. You have it or you do not. Admit who you are and act accordingly."

Jake
Jake's picture
California Lawyer wrote: From

California Lawyer wrote:

Lawyer---Here's Your Future "Semblance of Order"

stephanie
stephanie's picture
Hat Tips: 9983
Los Angeles does have good public transit

California Lawyer wrote:
 See, here in LA, there is no real public transportation, thus, most of the thugs cannot simply gather long distances away from their own turf.  In a time of chaos, the masses will stay put, since public transportation will be shut down, so there will be no buses, or light rail. Since the poor do not have vehicles to escape their poor neighborhoods, they have to stay put. 

I actually lived in Los Angeles for 17 years and spent 1 year solely taking public transit (2009-2010) - in part to see how I'd do without a car in the event of peak oil. First of all, the meme that "there is no real public transportation" in Los Angeles is a myth. Primarily, white upper middle class people think there is no real public transportation in LA, but I've used it extensively, and it's actually - surprisingly - quite excellent. The bus system covers the entire city and generally runs like clockwork. Yes, it'd be better if there were more trains, but there is a subway system, which I've also used, to go from North Hollywood (Universal City station) down to Hollywood. There's also a light rail line being built connecting downtown to Culver City.

Most white people in LA do not take public transit - though there are some (environmentalists, for example). A lot of students at Santa Monica College use it. I've had friends and acquaintances (white, actually) who've also not only used it, but one guy who had a car but *chose* to use the bus more often than not, because he felt it was easier and hated the traffic. Even when I had a car, I'd always take the bus to go to downtown because it was easier, cheaper (no parking fees) and less stressful.

Now, yes, you are right, if you are up in the Toluca Lake area in North Hollywood the chances of gang members coming up from South Central to burn your house down are slim. That's a 2 hour bus/train expedition - if the busses are running.

But it would be a huge mistake to presume that gang members in LA don't have cars. I lived in Venice and West LA for many years, intermingling with many young "gangsta" guys and trust me, a lot of them absolutely DO have cars. They have old junky cars they fix up and often spend money to put in very loud stereos in them with heavy bass.

And regardless, if TSHTF, these guys, if they don't have cars, will have no problem carjacking yours if they really want a car.

I also don't think the LA Riots of 92 are any indication of what could really happen if we have a major currency collapse. The LA Riots were born out of people being angry over race issues. But people still were able to buy food and eat. What may happen in Los Angeles, if we enter into a massive depression, could be far beyond what happened in 92.

This is, actually, one of the main reasons I left LA last year. I don't have the money or resources to be buying an overpriced gazillion dollar house in a gated community, so I got out.

I also want to remind you about the potential for a huge earthquake - which in and of itself could make life in Los Angeles very difficult. I was in the 94 Northridge quake and that was bad enough - and it was only a 6.7.

I think it's good that you are prepared, but I would not lull myself into a false sense of security just because the 92 riots weren't "that" bad. We have no idea what might be coming up ahead. Let's say new riots happen, and if you are caught in, say, Redondo Beach, and need to get back up to North Hollywood, and the city is on fire in between, you could be in some serious trouble. On a good day without a problem that trip might take an hour and a half depending on traffic!

All I know is, I had a really bad feeling about LA the last year I was there, and I got out, and I'm glad I did. I recommend to all my friends there to leave if they feel inclined. I just don't think it will be safe in the future. A few of my friends are actually in the process of moving out of Los Angeles.

Please be careful!

Keg
Keg's picture
Hat Tips: 7378
Don't count on the National Guard

Don't count on the National Guard to maintain order.  If there is widespread civil unrest, many will stay home to protect their families so their numbers may not be sufficient to have a big effect.  Also don't count on the police.  Look at what happened in New Orleans during Katrina.  Police were seen looting stores. 

If we get to the point of no food on the store shelves you had better be ready to defend yourself.  And you will need a trained group to be successful.

Baxter Bentley
Baxter Bentley's picture
California Lawyer wrote: Hey

California Lawyer wrote:

Hey Baxter:

My opinion is my opinion.  That you decide to call it delusional does not add to the analysis.

On the other hand, you claim that armed gangs will invade car dealerships.  But I am delusional?

Re armed citizenry: I live here, with my neighbors.  We are ARMED, heavily.  Crippled versions of real guns?  Since when does a ten round magazine constitute crippled, especially when I can reload a fresh magazine in under a second? 

My neighbors and my family just choose to be low key about it.  If thugs descend on this neighborhood, there will first be dead thugs, followed by a 911 call. 

As far as the doomsday scenario, I lived through it, and I see it playing out similarly as before.  The inner city will be chaotic, while the outlying areas, and most decent suburbs will be just fine, initially.  After two weeks or so, I really do not know what will happen other than the end of the Keynesian experiment.

I didn't mean to jump all over you. I'm just genuinely concerned that you (and many others) have grossly underestimated how dangerous the hardcore gang-bangers are and have grossly overestimated your chances of surviving an armed attack.

I was in California law enforcement until I decided on a mid-life career change and a move to a different state. Until you've dealt with these "people" up close, you just can't comprehend how violent, dangerous and sociopathic they are. These guys are literally mercenary soldiers -- professional killers and thieves -- and often they're much more heavily armed than us, even those of us with formidable arsenals. The average person -- or even an armed group of civilians -- simply doesn't have the training, firepower, or courage to deal with a group of determined soldiers. Some of these guys wear body armor. Do you have a semi-automatic rifle chambered in a military caliber? That's what you'd need to defeat most vests.

Handguns are great if you have to travel outside of your home and don't want to draw attention to yourself. They're great for "clearing" a house. If you think a handgun is going to save your ass in a gunfight against an AK-47 (which can blow apart bricks, BTW) with a 100 round drum mag then you're dead wrong. A determined man with one of these could wipe out your entire group before he even had to reload.

California Lawyer
Doom and Gloom, or Practicality?

Everyone here who has been gracious enough to post has sure added information about which to ponder.

Seems, though, that there are two camps: doom and gloom, with the whole mad max scenario, or practicality, which is stated differently, preparedness.

The mental state one chooses to hold is paramount in any survival situation, be it wilderness or urban survival.  I just choose to believe in the positive, and will not dwell on the negative.  I will just prepare accordingly.

@Baxter: I appreciate your wisdom and thoughts.  You have definitely given me something to think about.  As for your question, yes I do have AR style semi autos, with plenty of ammo.  I do appreciate the very real threat of an AK chambered in 7.62 being wielded by a gangster.   Hence, I do not live in the inner city, nor in any area close to such.  I live in an area where I am vulnerable only in a total societal collapse like the mad max scenario.  If that happens, I do not believe it will happen instantly.  Hence, I have back up plans, and a remote bug out area far, far away, which will be replete with others similarly situated.  We are a community, and are prepared for the worst.  But I do thank you for giving me another perspective, and it weighs very heavy on me being that you are former law enforcement, too.

@Stephanie: good point about mass transit. My point, though, is a bit different.  IF you live in greater LA, then yes, theoretically you can take mass transit, say from Long Beach, to the Valley, or downtown, etc.  But, if all hell breaks loose, how will gangsters get to Santa Monica?  Or how will gangsters, or thugs in general, get out to the Inland Empire?  Have you ever tried to take a bus from LA to the IE?  How about going from Mar Vista to Yorba Linda?  It may indeed be faster to walk.  Criminals are not going to drive 60 miles to victimize when they can do it within a small ten mile radius.  So, again, I am not so worried of massive, roving gangs of marauders as I am worried of the random crime of opportunity by a small group of thugs.  Hence, my plan for sitting tight, with my family and arsenal, pending the unleashing of the National Guard.  If the troops do not show in force, then I bug out, and there you have it.

The way I see it, the gangsters are like the hungry bear, and I am not the slowest runner.  Those who are stuck in greater LA, in poor areas, are going to be victims, no doubt.  By the time that chaos spreads, I will be long gone.  If somehow I am still hunkered down, then I will be prepared to hold off crowds, along with my neighbors.  We all have semi auto assault rifles, shotguns, handguns, and plenty of ammo.  IF it gets to that point, anyway, I am not going to be around to be part of it.  Preparation first in my mind means having a bug out plan.  I have one, and have practiced it, too. 

stephanie
stephanie's picture
Baxter Bentley wrote:I didn't

Baxter Bentley wrote:
I didn't mean to jump all over you. I'm just genuinely concerned that you (and many others) have grossly underestimated how dangerous the hardcore gang-bangers are and have grossly overestimated your chances of surviving an armed attack.

I share your concern. Maybe because I lived in areas of LA where professionals lived next door to welfare recipients, I experienced a less sheltered version of Los Angeles. (At one point, I was paying $1400/month in rent and a woman on section 8 housing was two doors down in the same building!)

I can only reiterate that many of these gang members have cars. They may not even own them individually, but have a "group" car they all share. This was the case of a very "lightweight" gang of sorts that hung out in the apartment next door to mine. Mostly benign, except my neighbor was selling his mom's prescription drugs on the street for money. He got locked out of his apartment accidentally, and I was shocked at how quickly his friend whipped out some tools and picked the lock (it took about a minute). 

I made "friends" with these guys - they weren't harming me and liked me for being a "pretty white girl" I'm sure. I knew that my neighbor would "protect" me from his friends picking MY lock because I was his friend!

So are these guys likely to loot and rob if they need to in the future? Yep, and I wouldn't want to cross them. And those are the NICE gang members.

And yes, they had a car that they all shared.

I also had a friend who was a child of the ghetto who had been in jail a few times for getting into fights (I made friends with many diverse people, which I'd recommend as a survival skill). He had a job, but was fairly poor and lived with his mom, but had an old Honda Civic he'd jacked up with a special engine. He'd taken out the passenger seat so the car would be fast - and he street raced it just like in the Fast and the Furious films.

At any rate, I don't think any area in Los Angeles is really safe. Remember the headlines last year about the Hollywood publicist - Ronni Chasen - who got shot near her home in Beverly Hills? Through her car window? I actually worked with her briefly a long, long time ago. I did not know her that well at all, but she and the rich women she hung around with really did seem to have an air of "untouchable" about them, because they lived off in the "safe" parts of LA.

stephanie
stephanie's picture
Have car, will do havoc...

California Lawyer wrote:

@Stephanie: good point about mass transit. My point, though, is a bit different.  IF you live in greater LA, then yes, theoretically you can take mass transit, say from Long Beach, to the Valley, or downtown, etc.  But, if all hell breaks loose, how will gangsters get to Santa Monica?  Or how will gangsters, or thugs in general, get out to the Inland Empire?  Have you ever tried to take a bus from LA to the IE?  How about going from Mar Vista to Yorba Linda?  It may indeed be faster to walk.  Criminals are not going to drive 60 miles to victimize when they can do it within a small ten mile radius.  So, again, I am not so worried of massive, roving gangs of marauders as I am worried of the random crime of opportunity by a small group of thugs.  Hence, my plan for sitting tight, with my family and arsenal, pending the unleashing of the National Guard.  If the troops do not show in force, then I bug out, and there you have it.

Sorry, your response slipped in ahead of my last one. I guess my response to you is twofold... 1) I think plenty of gang members have cars or access to them 2) They may end up going to richer areas after they've gotten all that they can from the areas closest to them.

I also wonder if they won't finally get angry at the income disparities and purposefully go and destroy the nicer places, i.e., Beverly Hills and whatnot. It's hard to say, but I wouldn't bank on them not being a problem just because of distance. We just don't know.

And North Hollywood and areas of the Valley aren't completely free of crime or gang elements as it is. They aren't all in South Central anymore. Try Van Nuys. 

Jake
Jake's picture
It Begins With The Bankruptcy of Big Cities
Right Now, it looks to be a gradual process--kind of transparent to the average moron who votes for Obama and who can't tell you the price of silver. As events unfold, a "Trigger" hits (probably an international one, such as bond dumping or the collapse of a larger country such as Italy or the UK). The process then accelerates into anarchy in a few day's time.

For now, it's frogs boiling in warm water.

People Start to "Lose it"

Collapse of Society:

Collapse of the Individual:

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "LA Will Be a Hot-Spot"