Confiscation

5 posts / 0 new
Last post
#1 Fri, Nov 30, 2018 - 12:20pm
AngryCitizen
-
Phoenix, AZ

Confiscation

CONFISCATE: verb (used with object), con·fis·cat·ed, con·fis·cat·ing.

1. to seize as forfeited to the public domain; appropriate, by way of penalty, for public use.
  2. to seize by or as if by authority; appropriate summarily:

What's to stop your money from being made illegal to hold and spend? Have we not discussed this?

Edited by: AngryCitizen on Nov 30, 2018 - 12:24pm
Fri, Nov 30, 2018 - 1:01pm
AGXIIK
-
reno, NV

CONFISCATION IS A NEVER ENDING PROCESS

It's always done against the will of the people even if they think confiscation is benign. In this case benign is a notion of such soporific insanity that the mere uttering of the word makes crazy people look sane. 

To say  taxes are an good thing is the first resort of a cavil ruling authority using armed thugs to enforce their demands that we give of our substance to support their activities. 

Frederick Douglass was a magnificent and brilliant thinker who called out taxes, government theft, slavery and the taking of a man's labor without his consent, as commonplace then as it is now, as slavery.  Whether it was 3%, 10% 50% or 100% of his labor; efforts and fruits of labor taken by force or implied threat of force is and always will be slavery.

AGXIIK

Fri, Nov 30, 2018 - 1:06pm
-
Dublin
Ireland

It's not "your" money. It's

It's not "your" money. It's "their" money.

Which is of course key to resolving the problem. Not that "they" will appreciate your attempts to solve it when you do so.

argentus maximus Rhythm and Price https://www.greenhobbymodel.com/rhythmnprice.html This analysis - global markets
Sat, Dec 1, 2018 - 6:11pm (Reply to #2)
AngryCitizen
-
Phoenix, AZ

Fred Douglas

I didn't know he came out against taxes so strongly. Do you have an online source for his writings on the subject? It would be good to post a few of his more powerful points on the board. (I believe in the power of education, in that I'm formerly educated, myself ;>] 

Frodo: "I wish it need not have happened in my time," Gandalf: "So do I. And so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." J.R.R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973) The Fellowship Of The Ring
Sat, Dec 1, 2018 - 6:15pm (Reply to #3)
AngryCitizen
-
Phoenix, AZ

"Public Service" Must Return, But How?

Norm, you hit the nail on the head. More accountability to the public is the only way a nation can survive under "citizen legislators" and it's what we are missing in our system of government. But what does that look like, if we modified our system, with the wave of the hand?

Frodo: "I wish it need not have happened in my time," Gandalf: "So do I. And so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us." J.R.R. Tolkien (1892 - 1973) The Fellowship Of The Ring

Notice: If you do not see your new comment immediately, do not be alarmed. We are currently refreshing new comments approximately every 2 minutes to better manage performance while working on other issues. Thank you for your patience.

randomness