2008-W NGC MS69 ASE

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
Captain Silver
Captain Silver's picture
Hat Tips: 758
2008-W NGC MS69 ASE

Any opinions?  Rare mintage, found one for a good price as part of a complete '86-2011 collection.

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 05:09

Our monetary system has been hijacked by morons! Abandon ship!!!!

No1Hunter
No1Hunter's picture
Hat Tips: 1324
Value

$50 or less (I go more to less) unless it has the reverse of the 2007.  Basically bullion surrounded in plastic.  I have picked up raw 2008's for $40 or less recently.  With todays drop, s/b able to get them around $37-$38 if you hunt.

Captain Silver
Captain Silver's picture
No1Hunter wrote: $50 or less

No1Hunter wrote:

$50 or less (I go more to less) unless it has the reverse of the 2007.  Basically bullion surrounded in plastic.  I have picked up raw 2008's for $40 or less recently.  With todays drop, s/b able to get them around $37-$38 if you hunt.

I left that part out, does have the 2007 reverse.

Thanks

silverbleve
silverbleve's picture
Hat Tips: 2217
08 reverse

That is a real nice coin, I have the same one. The first official variation. Are you asking for a valuation? Ebay will show you those go for at least $400. Depending on what company did the grading. If you got it as part of a complete set of proofs that a great score!

Are you SURE its the 2007 reverse variation?

Captain Silver
Captain Silver's picture
S.Bleve wrote: That is a real

S.Bleve wrote:

That is a real nice coin, I have the same one. The first official variation. Are you asking for a valuation? Ebay will show you those go for at least $400. Depending on what company did the grading. If you got it as part of a complete set of proofs that a great score!

Are you SURE its the 2007 reverse variation?

Yep it is the 07 reverse, graded MS69 in NGC plastic case.  The collection came in two long NGC boxes, each coin in plastic, MS69.  Two 2008's, one with the 07 reverse, so there are a total of 26 eagles. 

No1Hunter
No1Hunter's picture
Hat Tips: 1324
2008-W

There is suppose to be around 30,000 made.  They had a price spike shortly after it was discovered they had the o7 reverse but have since dropped.

I have several, though mine are graded by PCGS, and I watched a few listed on ebay.  Some ask for big money but they don't sell.  Recent sells of the NGC MS69 look like they for $350-$400 range with the PCGS graded one going fro about $50 to $100 more.

Is there going to be any up-side to them?  I don't really know.

Captain Silver
Captain Silver's picture
Who'd have thunk

Never thought of myself as the coin collector type, but I've started getting overly excited about cool finds in little shops.  Makes the great bullion hunt just a little more fun.

Captain Silver
Captain Silver's picture
No1Hunter wrote: There is

No1Hunter wrote:

There is suppose to be around 30,000 made.  They had a price spike shortly after it was discovered they had the o7 reverse but have since dropped.

I have several, though mine are graded by PCGS, and I watched a few listed on ebay.  Some ask for big money but they don't sell.  Recent sells of the NCG MS69 look like they for $350-$400 range with the PCGS graded one going fro about $50 to $100 more.

Is there going to be any up-side to them?  I don't really know.

Good info,  I didn't pay a premium for it, so think it's a big win.  A fun find.  Also got a mixed year mint tube with runs from 86-2005 with a 1996 in there as well, not rated but all look to be BU.  I think it was a good day at the coin shop.

silverbleve
silverbleve's picture
Hat Tips: 2217
Nice find for sure

Can't say with any certainty if it will appreciate in value, the low mintage is a good indication. No one knows for sure yet how many were minted because of folks like you who are still finding them in sets. Great score though, I'm jelly!

If people stop finding them and the official known mintage stays around 33k, that would make it the lowest mintage of any ase, right above the 1995-w which goes for over 3k$ right now. Definitely worth holding on to!

Captain Silver
Captain Silver's picture
Thanks for the info

Thanks for the info.  I need to get a new Redbook.  I must admit that I'm completely out of my league when it comes to evaluating the numismatic value of coins.

ClinkinKY
ClinkinKY's picture
Hat Tips: 22724
comment deleted

comment deleted

"The more you complain, the longer God lets you live".

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "2008-W NGC MS69 ASE"