Paul/Frank bill to repeal Federal prohibition on Marijuana...

11 posts / 0 new
Last post
SoccerDad
SoccerDad's picture
Hat Tips: 553
Paul/Frank bill to repeal Federal prohibition on Marijuana...

I voted for Rep. Paul in 2008, I will most likely vote for him in 2012.   Today I've lost hope that he will ever win due to the bill he's signed on to with Rep. Barney Frank!   It's not that I disagree, in fact I'm in agreement that the States should get to decide to tax and regulate that industry.   The main stream public will be scared to death of this becoming reality in there schools, neighborhoods and workplaces.   This will probably be the nail in the coffin of Ron Paul, I'm saddened!   

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 05:23
BridgetR
BridgetR's picture
Hat Tips: 3
You can read this here to

You can read this here to view the full detail: Frank-Paul pot bill seeks to legalize marijuana. The legalization of marijuana has proven to be similar to crabgrass in the United States Congress; it is very hard to wipe out. Bi-partisan legislation sponsored by Massachusetts’s Rep. Barney Frank and Rep. Ron Paul of Texas seeks to get rid of control over marijuana from the federal government's iron hold. According to Reason, states will then have the ability to decide independently the best way to handle cannabis, including how to get tax revenue.

¤
¤'s picture
Hat Tips: 92321
Revenue vs. Morality

I agree Bridget, it will come down to how to tax it for maximum revenue when things become that desperate. It would easier if they just let the states do it and then collect revenue's that way with some basic federal guidelines and then a state by state specific approach that accommodates the differences in certain States.

For example, the same laws and culture in California are way different then the culture in Iowa, for example, and it might not work out the same way unless tailored specifically for each state.

Revenue desperation vs. the supposed decades long morality excuse will determine the bills fate eventually. That they are even bringing it up seriously is a sign of desperation and trying to find possible revenue sources everywhere.

I'm all for repeal. Alcohol (after prohibition) was re-established by bloody, criminal bootlegging and it was allowed to stay after it's repeal. Alcohol is so pervasive, glamorized and ingrained into our society and so destructive (when irresponsible) that marijuana by comparison is tame (ok, mellow).

An epic lack of foresight, accuracy and rationale...
https://www.tfmetalsreport.com/comment/170246#comment-170246

SoccerDad
SoccerDad's picture
Hat Tips: 553
War on the Family will continue

Agreed DPH, let's let California be the experiment.   The states need cash, they'll get it however they can at the expense of family, children or the safety of some communities.   Alcohol-past, weed-present, internet-future.   I'm in the medical field so I suppose business will continue to be good for my line of work.   Society better start now on parental responsibility and girding/teaching our youth about risks of certain freedoms and why the straight and narrow path may lead to a longer/happier more productive life than succumbing to temptations and peer pressure.   Same as it ever was, same as it ever was.    With two job parental households the norm, I think our society is not quite ready for the unintended consequences of so many things.     ...the prepared, and the families of those will continue to benefit, parental vigilance is key.   Politically, still a tough sell...this will be a long fight me thinks.

stalking wolf
stalking wolf's picture
Hat Tips: 580
Free Will and Free Markets

Is it not true that the same forces and perceptions that manipulate PM's also manipulate other consumables?  I have a much greater fear of my children getting hooked on refined sugar,  McDonalds, and MSG which is known as an excitotoxin.  I can tell you from my own experience I was locked in a deep attention deficit disorder until I only allowed  substances that came from the earth in their whole and happy form enter my body.  No isolated amino acids of any kind.       

"A building's form should follow it's function", Howard Roarke.

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Hat Tips: 3917
...and Free Thinking, I might add

Thanks for this post, StalkingWolf.   I've had the same observation with nutritional paradigm changes.  It seems as though the clouds really do part and there is clear sky, speaking of the mind;  no more foggy brain.  I don't have to eat as much anymore yet abundant energy seems to arise seemingly from no where. Must be the mystery of living foods.

Walking meditation seems to be working for me these days, rather than sitting.  I've found myself walking 10-15 miles per day, the last couple of months.  It feels good to use restless energy in this way and it calms my mind.  Thinking on my walk this morning about 'wolves' or those who would seek to use another's perceived weaknesses for their own advantage.  (We train to do this, by the way, in sports as well as war ((and chess))).  So, in a way, I suppose we are all wolves at some point.  What came clear to me is that this quality exists in the human being and we nurture it in society.  One will not be able to protect his children from all of the wolves that may come to feed on their flesh by eliminating the wild creatures as they approach his door.   Wolves will come and will keep coming as there is little satiation for raging appetites.  

Educating and spiritually preparing the children for the visiting wolves will be their means of survival and even thriving.  We try to groom good nature in the young, putting forward our best qualities for models.  Some of this idealism is carried into adulthood and assumptions made that everyone is of this same mind.  This naive mind is what is set up for exploitation.  This blind trust that we put in our political leaders, teachers, preachers, parents, friends, mates, scientists (and their 'research'),  our economic system and even the grocery stores! haha  

Being prepared for what comes our way doesn't have to happen with an air of fear.  We just train in using our good minds and wisdom and when the wolves arrive for the feeding frenzy we are ready.  Perhaps we feed them with joy.  They will come to feed whether we are conscious or unconscious of their coming.  The latter will leave you bleeding if you survive.  The former, however is a learning experience to help us further our understanding of this journey of life.

All this to encourage you, StalkingWolf.  We already have the means to meet and exceed the challenges that lie before us.  So, you can continue to 'chillax' (as you like to say).  Teach your children well.

http://www.westonaprice.org/

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Avoiding Rigid Mind

Teaching children without creating another box for their minds.

Just returned from another 6 mile walk.  I was pondering this question, how would I go about teaching children without creating solid 'right and wrong'  leanings for them?  Perhaps only teaching them to be keen observers of what is going on around them and inside of them, I think. (Be warned, I haven't tested this theory).  Otherwise, we run the risk of creating more boxes for their minds that may imprison them for a lifetime.  

If I was raising youngens  I might learn to ask thought provoking questions that would require observing and pondering.  That way the mind of the child develops habits of thinking.  Through this practice, over time, they may also grow in their ability to discern based on their inner wisdom. 

Teach your children well. (Whatever that means). haha

lottiedah
lottiedah's picture
Red Herring, of sort

StalkingWolf,  

Just watched the vid you posted about excitotoxins and the effect they have on the brain.  No doubt these additives are harmful to all of us, let alone to the most sensitive of beings.  I'm convinced that these sorts of seminars can get us slightly off the path of clear thinking, however.  

My grandmother, who will be 84 this year, witnessed an explosion of dementia and Alzheimers related decline in her elders when she was a child.  I'm speaking of the 1930s.  Excitotoxins were not in use in the food supply back then, though white flour, sugar and other trade foods were quite common as folks left their repossessed farms for jobs in and near cities.  Let's not forget the common culprits of physical degeneration that Dr. Price identified in the 1930s. New harmful substances have been invented, introduced and called "food", no doubt. 

http://www.westonaprice.org/

stalking wolf
stalking wolf's picture
Hat Tips: 580
True all dat lotti

Totally, there's always so much more to consider.  Check out "sacred and herbal healing beers'', by Stephen Harrod Buhner, the section on bee's will blow your mind.  From what I've been gathering regarding kids, from what I have gathered is that the most important thing in the development of any life form is stress, importantly the lack of stress.  Stress literally either tells the genes to turn off sooner or not turn on at all.  It's not what genes we are born with, it's what we do with the genes that we have.

"A building's form should follow it's function", Howard Roarke.

Baxter Bentley
Baxter Bentley's picture
Hat Tips: 121
stalking wolf wrote: Is it

stalking wolf wrote:

Is it not true that the same forces and perceptions that manipulate PM's also manipulate other consumables?  I have a much greater fear of my children getting hooked on refined sugar,  McDonalds, and MSG which is known as an excitotoxin.  I can tell you from my own experience I was locked in a deep attention deficit disorder until I only allowed  substances that came from the earth in their whole and happy form enter my body.  No isolated amino acids of any kind.       

Free ("isolated") amino acids aren't the problem, high levels of excitotoxic amino acids (without the presence of adequate magnesium or another NMDA-antagonist such as l-theanine) are the problem. For example, if you had herpes, you could take expensive and toxic antivirals for the rest of your life, or you could simply take l-lysine everyday and shut down the pathway in which the virus replicates (plasma ratio of lysine:arginine favoring arginine). If you were suffering from insomnia, you could take an addictive and potentially dangerous hypnotic, or you could simply take 2 grams of trytophan before bed and sleep soundly.

Nick Elway
Nick Elway's picture
Hat Tips: 5151
@DarkPurple Marijuana rules more about control than revenue

A close friend has a Marijuana store in Colorado, and I've followed the behavior of legislators and enforcers closely. 

When the process started I too thought revenue would be the driver of their behavior, but over and over again they do things to make it very difficult to have a business and very difficult, privacy invading, and intimidating to be a medical marijuana patient.   

The behavior of  the legislators and enforcers would be no different if they were on the take from the illegal drug cartels.  They are driving wish-to-be-legal business people out of business and driving wish-to-be-legal consumers back to the black market.  

Colorado government is cutting its own revenue dramatically with nasty rules, by at least 50 per cent in the case of the particular store and customer base with which I am familiar.

Here's the Colorado information:

http://www.colorado.gov/cs/Satellite/Rev-Enforcement/RE/1251575119584

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Paul/Frank bill to repeal Federal prohibition on Marijuana..."