Trading Dr Copper in Futures

7 posts / 0 new
Last post
rishi
rishi's picture
Hat Tips: 105
Trading Dr Copper in Futures

Hi

With Silver so rangebound, it might make more sense to swing trade in copper because of lower margins.

Even 0.10 movement fetches you a lot of money if you trade the direction.

Is anyone here trading Dr C ?

What are the best timeframes for swing trading this asset ; I am currently using one and five hourly charts ;

BB + stochs + RSI + MacD

Will be grateful for any guidance on this.

Would request forum seniors to post their trading calls in Copper if they are trading it.

thanks

Edited by admin on 11/08/2014 - 05:11
Vypuero
Vypuero's picture
Hat Tips: 3999
I have been trading copper

In fact bought a contract just today.  I am currently buying when it gets to low $4 range and looking to sell on a move over $4.10 or so.  It seems range bound in that area but one day that will change either way again.

rishi
rishi's picture
Dude   If you are holding

Dude

If you are holding your copper in futures - must have doubled the money by now and a bit more.

Planning to short Dr Copper tomorrow or Friday , expecting a bit more upside.

Vypuero
Vypuero's picture
I shorted a bit early

To me it looks like a peak here at 4.20, I hit it at 4.18.  It should drop to sub 4.10 again soon enough.  If the market does not take a hit in the next week I am going to be in trouble.  

Vypuero
Vypuero's picture
bad move

I am out for now and covered that position.  I had not shorted before - just bought at the dip and sold when it popped.  It broke through its previous trading range, and I don't want to stay short on something I am fundamentally long on.

rishi
rishi's picture
David Banister in his

David Banister in his markettrendforecast is talking of Dr Copper going down till 2.69 !!!!

rishi
rishi's picture
David Banister in his

David Banister in his markettrendforecast is talking of Dr Copper going down till 2.69 !!!!

Comment viewing options

Select your preferred way to display the comments and click "Save settings" to activate your changes.
Topic locked
Syndicate contentComments for "Trading Dr Copper in Futures"